Is it better to go to a concert by yourself or to randomly ask a stranger online to go with you?

Is it better to go to a concert by yourself or to randomly ask a stranger online to go with you?

Tame Impala and M83 are playing at Merriweather but none of my friends like them.

How does it feel that your friends are more patrician than you?

I'm kind of on the same boat. I have two tickets and one of my friends bailed out on me. I'm thinking of going alone, idk....

!!

just go alone there is literally nothing wrong with that

Theyre both absolutely shit live

Hey I'd pay for the ticket and go with you if you'd want.

I'd honestly be up for it. What city are you in. It's not an m83 or tame impala show though.

Just go, pretty easy to meet people there especially for those bands since half of the people there are going to be drunk pleb sluts

often times i've had more fun going to shows alone than with friends
i've met cool guys and girls, we've bought each other drinks, i can move around more freely without having to worry about where the other person is, i can stand or go wherever i want, i'm not worrying about if the other person is having a good time, i pay more attention to the show....

Go alone and make new friends. Or just go by yourself and have fun alone.

Nobody really cares. Anyone who gives you shit for it is someone that everyone else hates anyway.

walk into urban outfitters if you want to listen to that music

I'm going to a show alone in two weeks. It's going to be my first time alone. What advice do you have? I would like to meet new people, but obviously my priority is the music.

>go to animal collective show alone in a foreign city
>tell myself it'll be alright i'll just get drunk and come out of my shell
>forget my ID
>tell myself I'll just strike up conversations with people at the smoke area
>venue has designated smoke breaks and everyone is packed together on a patio like rats
>end up being alone and feel like i'm just in everyone elses way in the crowd
im tempted to get a tastebuds account so that experience will never happen again

Holy shit the autism in this thread
Only person who should be nervous is the performers not you
pay your money and go nobody gives a fuck if you bring somebody or go alone

I hate this board more and more.

This. I go to 80% of shows alone. Met a few people but I'm not that social and really just want to experience the music

you don't need advice
if someone else is looking around or talking about music and seems friendly, talk to them
people who are seeing live music like to talk about music
if you feel awkward go get a beer or play with your phone
it's not a big deal

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mr.Blonde

I flirted with a chick the last time I went alone, but I didn't get her number. This always happens to me.

It's so easy to meet new people at shows, especially girls

go alone

How the fuck do you flirt at a show?
I'm the embodiment of social anxiety btw.

no, both are pathetic

Same. I saw Tim Hecker alone in Brooklyn and made a buddy or two in the process. I would say going to shows alone = going with friends, both have benefits and drawbacks

Tame Impala is shit user.
Why would you do that to yourself ?
Do you need someone to talk ?

Nothing to it mate. Just don't act like a creep. Most people are socially reserved, just approach them, talk about the band playing or ask them anything related to the show (e.g. when does it start, who's opening). Just remain confident in whatever you do, they'll come around

if someone spoke to me at a show i wouldn't know what to say

don't

Okay. I'll try my best. It's just that as soon as I pluck up the courage to start talking to someone my voice goes all funny and the words come out weird. Then I promise to never speak to strangers again. I can only be social when at least tipsy.

just go for it mate. Most people won't remember what you did that day, at least you won't be sleeping with regrets.

I feel you OP
>animal collective comes to madrid
>my only friends who know them moved to uk

>being Spanish in 2016

I don't mind going to general admission events alone, seated can be kinda awkward but still doable. Go for it OP you have nothing to lose

Its worse, im actually venezuelan and moved to spain
In this shit hole they only listen to reggeaton and dad rock

I'm going all the way from Tampa to Denver, by myself, in September, to see the Misfits because I fell for the hype train right away and bought tickets.
I have no friends at all, I always go to shows alone.
I had a girlfriend who lived with me for three years, and we always went to shows together, but then she cucked me and ran off to Georgia with the bull. She was the only person who ever went to shows with me, so I just go alone. I get really sad when I buy tickets to shows I know she'd love to see, like the Misfits.

It's honestly only a bad time if you make it a bad time - nobody else really cares and you may even meet someone to chill with. I moved to Chicago early last year and didn't know anyone here, but I went to shows anytime I could and actually ended up making some friends there. At first you have it in your head that you're a loser and that everyone is judging you, but then you realize how absurd that is. And don't feel obligated to talk to anyone if you're not feeling it, just focus on having the best time you can. Getting a little drunk before / during can help, too.

That's a shame, user :(

I've gone to entire multi day festivals alone, it's not bad at all, you can make friends while you're there

M83 is very good live

Ikr? Thanks for following my blog btw

Think about it, you already have an "in" because you have something in common: you like the same music. Meeting new people at shows is very easy, including flirting with girls. I've met a lot of people through smoking at shows

Either all of your friends are stuck up fucks or they're scarily normie

Any Westerner in their early 20's who doesn't have a friend who's into M83 or Tame Impala needs to seriously re-evaluate their life.

Going to concerts alone sucks though. Don't do it.

Don't listen to this guy, he likes Fandango

>I have no friends at all, I always go to shows alone.
Lonefags are supposed to hide so people don't have to see them. Have some fucking dignity.

Go by yourself m8. Every time I've done it i've ended up talking to someone else who was there alone and having a decent time. It's not awkward when you're both there for the same reason, it means you've got a shared interest to talk about. Anyway, if it came down to it I'd rather stand on my own than miss a killer concert 'cos I had no-one to go with.

Go outside more

There is literally nothing wrong with going on your own.

If you have an extra ticket you can:
1. Try and sell it
2. Offer it to a girl so she might go on a date with you
3. Give it to a complete stranger

>tfw moved to Denver so don't have to feel stressed about weed at shows
>Can finally start conversations AND keep the conversation going if the person I'm talking to smokes.

It's hard to keep conversation after talking about the band you're seeing, or music or it has been a problem for me.

Fuck you, dude, and fuck the society that rejects me. I'm not going to sit in a box all day, every day. I already have to do that, five days a week, eight hours a day. In my free time, I'll do as I please, even if everyone around me hates me. They hate me even when I do what they want, and just stay inside all day.

Don't feed the trolls.

There is LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG with going to a show on your own.

T B H I find it makes it easier to hit on women, if that's your thing.

Went to a Beach House show alone last month. Met a cute wannabe hipster chick, and made friends with a short chicano dude. we kept buying each other drinks in between the opening sets and it was an all around good time.

Who ever said going to a concert has to be a huge social thing with you and all your friends? I honestly don't get that shit. Sure, go with people who you know will make the experience better, but dont consider it a terrible experience just because you didnt' have someone to go with. Just enjoy the music, man :/

How about boys? Is there some fresh, young boipussy at those shows?

Only for certain bands.

If youre seeing some gay hipster bullshit band than probably

roflmao, plz post more

Yeah it's easier to get laid going to a show alone than with friends. My friends are pretty normie/urban outfitters-y when it comes to music so I end up at shows by myself often.

This guy gets it.
People are usually not jerks, nobody is looking at you thinking about how much of a loser you are. Just go and have fun, if you wanna talk to someone, approach him with a smile and talk, if you appear nice and vulnerable there is almost no chance they won't be nice to you as well.
"People" are not a club you're not invited to.

Oh I don't care about the music, I just want to anally deflower some innocents.

I really don't go to shows to pick up girls, or talk to people, nor do I do anything I do for girls or friendship. I don't care about any of that anymore, I just care about the things that make me happy, and seeing bands I like makes me happy and is my hobby.
I know I'm being a faggot but I feel like being a faggot today.

>standing doing nothing is my hobby
>I don't have any friends
I wonder why.

Do you boo

i've been to more shows alone than with friends at this point

>being this autistic

/thread

Hell I've been to festivals alone. Once ended up making out with a hipster qt during a Modest Mouse set, then we ran back to my hotel. Probably would not have happened if I was with my dumbass buddies.

I'm not really one to desu, but if she's a fun type and I can tell she's into me then sure.

Like for instance, I'm not going to flirt with girls when their boyfriend is right there. If you can tell that she's alone or looking for someone then go for it.

I used to be really awkward though now when I go out to bars I'll even flirt with old ladies, it's about having fun.

you do you

Friends will all always drag you away from stuff.

>he doesn't dance or mosh at shows
I wonder why you even go to shows.

What movie is this?

I went to death grips alone and almost died driving back home because I lost my glasses.

Who says I do?

Tell your friends they are dumb to miss such bands

Tame Impala and M83 are both massively popular bands that are one tiny step away from mainstream pop. If you don't have any friends that like either of them I'm guessing you have like 5 friends max

it's a show, Twin Peaks

You're right, you do absolutely nothing with your life because you're so far above doing anything at all. I mean, people enjoying things? What pathetic plebeian scum!

Thanks

But since it's a show, now im not gonna watch it ahah

I'm heading to Mamby on the Beach in Chicago to see Tycho and Animal Collective. None of my buddies ever heard of them so I stuck going by myself. I met some wild guys at Riot Fest last year, so at least have some hope of not being an awkward mess.

It's only two seasons, should check it out

nice projection m8

kys