First DDR4 chinese producer up and running

Fucking finally.
archive.is/FBugl
techpowerup.com/241873/chinas-xian-unilc-starts-producing-in-house-ddr4-memory-with-qimondas-dna

Its only a matter of time till the Samsung, SKHynx and Micron monopoly gets fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fcsry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elpida_Memory
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's going to take years for them to start producing higher performance stuff.

Great news. I paid £30 for 8GB of RAM back in 2012. I was lucky because right after that prices increased because of Taiwan floods. I held off buying thinking they would go down only to see another price surge with DDR4 demands not being met. Now 8GB of RAM costs double what I paid 6 years ago.

Whops, pasted the same link twice.
Here is the second link i meant to post:
archive.is/fcsry

what ram tho

Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz.
It's funny because the exact same 6 year old sticks are being sold for £60 now along with all the rest of the RAM

As long they mass produce low end stuff, and more fabs come up it will be great for the consumers.

They're only available in 2133Mhz and that's it.

They'll take years before they're producing anything to compete with the high end space, meaning most enthusiasts and gamers wont see any sort of competition in their segment.

That doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact that they're producing DDR4 in the first place. Most RAM goes into smartphones and laptops anyway, and those very rarely use higher performance variants.

Samsung, Hynix and Micron have spent years and billions trying to prevent China from getting into memory.

They failed, thank fuck.
That's most of mobile DRAM, phones nowadays are 80% of DRAM supply.

What is important of this is that they are making their own DDR4 DIMMs, this is the first Chinese company that does.

all hail our chink overlord.
fuck the gooks.

It does matter, given the high voltage these first ICs require. They're not going to be suitable for those applications. Higher performance doesn't just mean "faster".

LPDDR4 is 1.1v, so 1.2v isn't terrible.

But samsung has LPDDR4x which can supposedly do 0.6v operating voltage

>0.6v
holy shit

Yeah, just shows how far ahead Samsung is compared to the chinks.

LPDDR!=DDR.

Yeah no shit, that's why the retard saying they'll be put into phones and shit is a moron.

Japanese DIMM when.

Bueno.jpeg

superior japanese silicon folded over 1000 times

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elpida_Memory

Japan will be the future of NAND.
1000 layers nand will make HDDs obsolete.

>Using IP form its Qimonda acquisition, the company has now led its Xi'an UnilC subsidiary to become the first Chinese DDR4 producer, with full in-house development of the technology.
Can the chinese, dare I say it, ever do anything on their own?

>Elpida is Now Micron

>Since the transaction was completed in July, 2013

Why waste time reinventing the wheel when you just need to make it cheaper and saturate the entry market ?

>tfw you can now afford to self-bin and build DRAM from dirt cheap NAND chips
>tfw you can beat mfg. binned sticks

based frogposter
based chinamans

Seinfeld

this is bad..

How?
Unless you are a jewish business owner or investor its good for you.

What's wong

>t. Thai ram manufacturer

I wonder when they will start making GDDR5 RAM.

Smartphones? Every shitty SoC out there comes with RAM on it. Those broadcom peices of shit in the raspberry pis have DDR2, but other SoCs use DDR3 and DDR4. They're in everything from smart TVs to washing machines and fridges.

Your money goes to China. While you get pieces of rocks/plastic melted.

I fail to see China getting into DRAM as a bad thing even with more money going into China as long as China can produce some decent RAM at prices that punish the existing sammy,hynix,micron cartel this is only a good thing

>I fail to see
Ofcourse that's not too surprising given that you limited the scope of the argument. You could say the same thing you failing to see how someone saving a penny out of a dollar makes another rich. No one would blame you for not seeing the big picture. Its, afterall, fairly normal to not being able to see the big picture.

On the matter of penny saving from a dollar purchase, if we scale that up to a million saves, that's $10,000. On a billion scale, $10 million. On the matter of RAM, a China that grows large means weaker SK/Japan industries. This means weaker US allies and thus weaker EU allies in proxy.

I suppose I should add more links to get to the point. Weaker US economic allies and weaker EU economic allies = weaker US/EU economics. Weaker economics = lower standard of living.

What a good time to be alive. Just hope it doesn't explode like an anti-personnel mine tho. These coming days I can see hacker kill someone remotely.

Well then burgers should work harder to improve standards of living. What's the excuse currently ?

so then existing companies will have raise the prices of their desktop ram even more to make up for losses the phone and laptop markets?

fuck off fag and believe in the free market.