/daily/ - Кoт Edition

It's Paraguayan Independence Day.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, блины́!

Previously, on /daily/:

for the boys (i don't even know who are the boys)

oh hey the old OP
aren't we the boys?

if you reply to this post you will die in 2016

now everything makes sense

>Hey user, what are you doing tonight?

slogging through a 3000 word comparative essay on Russian and Irish Viking settlements, starting an essay on Orwell's 1984 and technological repression of dissidence and having a glance at another set of essay questions
good times, I get to procrastinate by doing other essays

thanks

Need recs from co, Dogwander, and nyar

---Important post---

Next week there'll be the last listenalong from the current round, so after this ther will start a NEW one. And you can be part of it!
For those who are new:
Each week someone chooses an album and everyone else listens to it and ideally shares his opinions (although this has gotten alot less recently)

+++++ So if you want to participate reply here! +++++

(Please also plan on listening to other people's stuff if you sign up)

I want to sleep but I really want to eat ice cream and watch something too

this is a tough situation

I don't even really know what I want to watch

I might rewatch My Sassy Girl or something I dunno

listening to mu first part

"nice drums"

Hi /daily/ how are we today?
I am listening to music off my own "poseurcore" chart. Yesterday I heard John Coltrane's ascension. It was Bretty good.

What should I listen to next

thank

me I reply

washington philips

Yes please.

I'm considering joining but I'll have to see if I can participate despite timezone issues
Faust

here's your (You)

vision creation new sun

uhu

I've already heard Faust. I liked it slightly. It was spooky but good.
I need to mark off all I've heard from that chart

>I'll have to see if I can participate despite timezone issues
you can, no worries, it's not needed to join the live listenalong, you can just listen to the album whenever you have the time and then share your opinions, that's how it originally worked

me
you don't need to be on the sync btw, that has been happening the last few weeks or so
you just gotta listen to the album and put your thoughts on the pic

>Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi
pleseant sounds but it's a little thin. the instrumentals aren't very interesting either. not bad. the title track is pretty sweet though.

>Joanna Wang - Galaxy Crisis
same thing as kakashi. some fun songs but nothing sticks too well.

>Otomo Yoshihide - Anode
really nice improvy noise. almost ambient too. not much to say. track one is my favorite.

oh okay that's cool

I'll join then

let me in
i promise it won't be as bad as last time

do Doopee Time next pls

I don't think it's a great album but it is a fun experience and good for top tier memery

Sure.

Blind Willie Johnson

meme
do picky picnic next

I never participated in the last ones, but it's never too late to start I suppose. Sign me up.

Hello /daily/ Boys! Great day today! What are you listening to? What do you plan to listen to?

What artists are the field of expertise for a particular tripfag?

So far, I can think of:

I'M FISH: Fishmans
Dogwander: Jandek and Keiji Haino
GFR: Jim O'Rourke

>Vaura - The Missing
>black-wave?

Saying that the genre of this album is black metal or post-metal doesn't really do this justice. In fact, it sound more like new-wave (or perhaps darkwave) but with a slight black metal influence. It's catchy, overwhelming brooding, and melancholic with this evil black metal vibe just lurking in the currents. The best feels scenario I imagine for this album is for that lonely teenager on a dying world where everything is crumbling to pieces and you know that you will never be saved (also your parents don't get you).

Oh boy me pls

Blind Willie Johnson and 98.12.28 since you liked Long Season

Relistening to all of Super Roots today hopefully.

SDC: Musical abortions

yo
I always end up dropping after like 5 listens but I'll make a habit of it since it's summer now

Shamepai: The beautiful sounds of me crying myself to sleep

>picky picnic
nice, they're like the Japanese equivalent to the Residents

Might be fun

Patrician desu

>What do you plan to listen to?
Probably McCoy Tyner and then maybe Pauline Oliveros if I have time.

me me me me me me

Making this post true.

Me: devo

pls

Sun City Grills

Hampus is probably the closest to having any authority in traditional folk music, as he certainly listens to a lot of it

Nat and I have listened to an awful lot of Fahey and American Primitive in general, but I wouldn't really call myself an authority or anything

I'm pretty sure Dog is also the authority on Merzbow, having been through the whole Merzbox

the sound of the film My Sassy Girl if I could find my fucking copy of it

seriously, where the fuck did that shit go
me: Sugar Babe :^)

I plan to get into Ground Zero more though so maybe them for me someday

I think Movenglut is already a GZ expert already though because I know he likes Otomo a lot

Oh no!

go away montie

Almost finished with my first listen through pic related, and it's spectacular one-man blues stuff, and Jay has an awe-inspiring voice. I'm convinced everything Mississippi Records has ever released is amazing.

Frigg off, not this again

Nat is pretty knowledgeable on Fahey, I'd call him an expert

Speaking of Fahey, I picked this up on a blind buy, a side is pretty interesting but the b side is this great 'Christmas Fantasy'.
Very pretty, will spin during the holidays

>tfw rewatching My Sassy Girl and getting ready for dem kinda melodramatic kinda cheesy feels
I know it ain't poseur enough for /daily/ but I love this shit

ooh that one is an absolute classic

hi yes me
is ambient available? there's a piece i'd like to recommend. it's not an album, though

>everything Mississippi Records has ever released is amazing.
correct

Abner Jay is baller

i'm the resident Sondre Lerche and Watkin Tudor Jones fanatic

I'm also the authority on dubs and gets in general

>trips
sick

This is true

me too please

>Hampus is probably the closest to having any authority in traditional folk music, as he certainly listens to a lot of it
Nah I know fuck all about it.

My local record store only ever has his two Christmas albums and it kills me

lol same here
Christmas vol 2 and Christmas Soli aren't half bad though I'd pick em up if you can get em for cheap

I'm pretty knowledgable when it comes to Slowdive I guess

quick, what was the band they formed in highscool where they covered that one B-side the Velvet Underground did

Oh

Yeah I know I've listened to the whole Fahey discog, but I've been kind of low on cash this semester so I just never bothered. There's always something better there.

fucked if I know.

add me

Sure I think I've got something.

Album of the Week
>Jessy Lanza - Oh No
Oh Yes! This is excellently done - probably my AOTYSF. Very nice female-vocal pop.

>Klemens Marktl Sextet - December
Some really great Jazz - the percussion is excellent, but the vibraphone work here really makes it standout. Definitely worth your time.

>Bwana - Capsule's Pride
This creates a really nice cyberpunk atmosphere, with great artwork and an interesting storyline.

>Skepta - Konichiwa
My favorite hip hop of 2016 so far

>Tzadik New Japan
This week's set of TNJ releases are some of the weakest so far. Haohio is just ok - nothing bad but not really interesting either. Tetsu Inoue's Fragment Dots is just a seemingly random collection of glitchy noises and I got bored pretty quickly.

Don Cherry- mu First Part
the drums are nice
the eastern sounding influences are cool
very good jazz, but doesn't really feel too "free"
the piano on Terrestrial Beings is really cool

You mean the Pumpkin Fairies?

didn't mean to reply to co btw

yees

Yayy. For real though, I've heard all their recorded output including non-album singles and demo compilations, plus soms bootlegs.

thoughts?

No but answering seriously, i guess it's gotta be either
>Death Grips
>Sayonara Ponytail
>Sweet Trip
>GoGo Penguin

Looks very clean, maybe add some suggestions for similar bands and/or related projects

it's pretty but i feel like the chart overall is a bit pointless cause it's really just describing a fact about each album, not really connecting them.

and i feel like the only way to escape that trapping is to make a chart for an artist with a very large discography or a chart for an entire genre. beat happening disco is a bit too small to justify a chart beyond "s/t to jamboree to black candy to dreamy to turn me on"

No Wait it's actually The Residents and Sweet Trip i'm retarded

hmm i think you may be right

>mfw I tricked everyone on synch into listening to four hours of Wagner

did you bang that chick?

Chalk me up for Coil & King Crimson

dammit why do I always click the wrong post

So I just heard Nico's Marble Index and I thought it was actually pretty decent

why would it not be

put me in coach

I don't know, I assumed it would just be boring.
A problem with a lot of the "poseurcore" music is not that it is "weird" it's that a lot of it bores me.
That's not to say it's bad though.

Oh great, 2017 Herr I come!

I'd like to be added to it m8

Yo if you want to discuss underground Christian art then I'm your guy

that posercore stuff is pretty annoying dude

just enjoy music as equal

and yes i am aware of what website and board and thread im posting this in

Please explain with an example.

so if I've heard Ape of Naples, The Remote Viewer and Black Antlers and I thought all were pretty good but lacked a certain 'oomph' factor, where do I go?

>just enjoy music as equal

r u memeing me or actually agreeing

i'm in so deep i cant even tell anymore

i'm agreeing
I'll scarcely post anything less than genuine without being blatantly silly or adding one of these :^)

Lmao I gave up trying to find the router and reset the fuse to the whole house, I'm back boys

(in regards to Fishmans 98.12.28)
I thought it was great, super cool atmosphere, somewhere between a 7-8.5 /10
I wish I could speak Japanese so I knew what he is saying between songs
Is there an English translation of this set?