Why can't Sup Forums live with a Mac?

I've spent some time in MacOS shill threads and from what I can tell this is a comprehensive list of Sup Forums's problems with Macs.

>1) In comparison to their hardware, they're massively overpriced.
>2) Its upgrade options are extremely limited and you won't be able to change the hardware.
>3) Hardware is difficult to service, even just for cleaning.
>4) Squishing the arrow keys to fit the keyboard into a perfectly symmetrical rectangle makes them harder to use.
>5) The keyboard shortcuts are not intuitive.
>6) They're useless for gaming
>7) Unlike say, Linux. Everything just works. In particular, if you have multiple Apple devices, they work perfectly together. However...
>8) You'll have a lot of trouble running something that Apple doesn't want you to. This includes non-Apple devices like Android phones and allegedly also includes legacy support.
>9) Software is hard to customise.
>10) Tech support is allegedly bad.
>11) Apparently they've got a terrible throttling problem. I won't hide the fact that I'm not 100% sure what that means.
>12) I've been told that if you're smart, you can just install Mac OS on your favourite compatible machine and dodge most of the above problems, including the throttling.
So what actually rules it out for Sup Forums? Problems 1-5, 10, 11, and 12 aren't an issue if you're Sup Forums enough to install MacOS on your own machine, #6 isn't a problem for Sup Forums because you guys can't game on Linux anyway, #7 might be an annoyance to hobbiests but that's about it, so that only leaves problems 8 and 9? Is that all that's turning Sup Forums off?

I found their tech support to be the best in the industry

Better than say, Debian's?

Better than dell, HP, Oracle, Microsoft , cisco, brocade, EMC, redhat

Redhat used to be
Call redhat, get put through to an autistic Unix greybeard that fixed your problem straight away and talked to you with an air of disdain and generally disrespectful. Now it's sir, please sir, I cannot do that sir, please let me follow my script sir pajeets

Add IBM to the shitlist. Their tape drivers for Linux cause outages with such consistency we've had to institute scheduled reboots to avoid it crashing

) In comparison to their hardware, they're massively overpriced.
Sometimes, but more often not. Apple makes the best notebooks and notebook screens in the industry, period. After using a MacBook Pro other notebooks, even ones that try to mimic the design, look and feel like shit.

) Its upgrade options are extremely limited and you won't be able to change the hardware.
) Hardware is difficult to service, even just for cleaning.
That didn't used to be true in the MBP line, but unfortunately it is now.

) Squishing the arrow keys to fit the keyboard into a perfectly symmetrical rectangle makes them harder to use.
Never noticed.

) The keyboard shortcuts are not intuitive.
"Intuitive" is meaningless for shortcuts. What have you memorized? That's intuitive to you.

) They're useless for gaming
True

) Unlike say, Linux. Everything just works. In particular, if you have multiple Apple devices, they work perfectly together. However...
) You'll have a lot of trouble running something that Apple doesn't want you to. This includes non-Apple devices like Android phones and allegedly also includes legacy support.
Nope. People get this confused with iOS all the time. macOS is NOT a walled garden. Run whatever the fuck you want.

) Software is hard to customise.
Nope. Your ability to customize a piece of software depends on the original developers, just like on Windows.

) Tech support is allegedly bad.
Best in industry.

) Apparently they've got a terrible throttling problem. I won't hide the fact that I'm not 100% sure what that means.
I've never seen it. I'm currently using a 2015 15" MBP and it's the fastest, coolest running notebook I've ever used.

) I've been told that if you're smart, you can just install Mac OS on your favourite compatible machine and dodge most of the above problems, including the throttling.
I also have a dual boot desktop PC with Win10 Pro and "hackintosh" macOS. Works well once you have it setup.

Because I can, but it is uncomfortable, like someone inserted a rectal camera in ass.

Begin shit to developer

debian has no tech support

Doesn't it have official forums with official staff?

This is why

The user base?

>buy macintrash for mom
>Applel with 2% marketshare have their store's gaybar packed Monday - Friday all day during workdays and even more on weekends with broken iTrash coming in
>mom has to lug her macshit to the gaybar and wait for hours in line with smelly hipsters to get service.

>buy pc for mom
>95% marketshare she can walk into any big retail store carrying 50 different brands and have maybe 5 people with problems on a weekend
>gets in, fix problem, done

>move out of state
>buy mom an XPS with in-home warranty
>a tech will come to her house next day for warranty repairs/tech support

>macintrash
Shit, I'm stealing that.

why does he carry around pump

>macintrash
Oh god it's real.

For his wheels?

what wheels

He's probably got a bike or a scooter or something.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with 1-12. If Apple wasn't fucking retarded they'd make an alternative bootloader and product key system to Mac OS and sell it for $99. They'd also fox their massive POSIX incompatibilities and build a real CLI package manager and port over a bunch of common utilities and host them in their own repos, and they'd make Mac OS easier to manage for advanced users. Unfortunately, Applel engineers are all diversity hires with shit for brains now, and their customers are primarily gays and women.

Because the only librebootable Macbook is 2,1 and yet not all people are making art

This thing really looks like that in real life?

Yes, but smaller.

your solutions for those problems are pretty good but i think i will rather pay less money and not run into them in the first place

Kek'd

No thanks, OS X is laced with soy.

>You pretty much hit the nail on the head with 1-12
Well fuck, good to know.

Muh Alan Turing.

>W10 and a hackintosh
How are you stopped W10 from breaking your boot sector? Hell, I've even seen W10 break its own fucking boot sector.

i have owned JB iPhones all my life and used windows and debian all my life

in 2013 i got a good deal on a second hand 256gb macbook air. I really tried to give macOS a go and NOPE i didnt even keep it as a partition. My macbook disk comprises of grub / debian / swap - that is all. Reasons:

- For me, its A THIRD OS. Everything is different and learning the ins and out of A THIRD OS is just a waste of my time
- Programs and apps are different and expensive - i have windows licences for things that just arent valid and no a discount is not acceptable. One fee; Crossplatform or im pirating your shit
- Likewise there are practicably no cracked mac versions available on trackers compared to windows versions (music prod for example)
- The hardware is good and second hand apples and phones are value. Im rocking a second hand mac air and second hand jailbreakon 6s and for me that is the pinnacle of apple; Problem is the software is gimped to a fischer price level. Cant get root on macOS with out fiddling and Jailbreaking an iPhone these days is impossible / year plus wait for an old iOS
-im lucky i have somewhat liberated my cheaper mac hardware but for pretty everyone else its an expensive purchase and they are locked out of software choices.

TLDR: its all so tiresome

Captcha: FAKE ID

>likes
>inflation

Wtf? Cracked software is far easier and safer to get than on windows. Not an argument if you don't know how to search on f*cking google

ok then (You) find me a cracked version of jRiver media centre 23 for mac

>f*cking

be careful with that soy

>I've even seen W10 break its own fucking boot sector.

1 assumes that the hardwere specs are the ultimate measure of a machine; they are not. Fit and finish, software, etc fits into this.

2 is hardly unique to Apple. Most vendors are moving away from module designs.

3. Same.

4. Sorta, but who uses arrow keys anymore?

5. Utterly subjective.

6. True, but only children play vidya.

7 is a restating of 6.

8. Pretty much false. There's nothing stopping you from running an alternative window manager if you want, or an entirely different OS. MacOS is a bit limited, true.

9 is a restating of 8

10 is false; some of the best warranty support I've ever gotten.

11 is true for the laptops, false for the phones. Laptops in general are not suited for CPU/GPU-intensive tasks over long periods. If you cry that you can't encode video or mine buttcoin effectively on an utrabook, that's your fucking fault for choosing the wrong hardware for your needs. Weight and battery mean more at this level.

12. True, but updates are dicey.

Mac OS is far more stable than Windows. I use both Mac OS and Windows. When I am serious and professional work, I use my Macintosh Computers.

For gaming and shitposting, I use Windows.

Getting a mac is retarded for the reasons you listed (unless you're actually looking for a $5000 all-in-one with a xeon and a 5K screen, then they're not overpriced), and installing MacOS on your non-mac computer means you lose the "just werks" aspect.

I use a Mac at work for developing. We basically use them as glorified emacs with specs good enough to run our unix based sandbox

Is there anything you can do on a iOS that you can't do on Windows?
I can only think of coding for iOS and more control with iTunes.

I have a 2006 imac running snow leopard in addition to my main pc (windows 10/Ubuntu dualboot)

I have no issue with macos, it's the shittily priced hardware. I paid $50 for my imac, I'd never pay over $700 for any Mac seeing as the hardware isn't worth more than that. Macos is fine, it's Macs that are the issue.

arch wiki

because I dont want my breath to smell like cum

i actually have snow leopard in a VM on my debian mac air.... its just so comfy

Mine doesn't upgrade beyond it. Core2duo and 1gb ram. OS only uses ~250mb of memory, so it runs well. Quite impressed.

>1) In comparison to their hardware, they're massively overpriced.
Meh. Fair point. They are expensive. I don't think hardware is a huge factor anymore. I could be at home and productive on on any machine made in the last 5 years.
>2) Its upgrade options are extremely limited and you won't be able to change the hardware.
Again, I don't think incredible hardware is really necessary anymore.
>3) Hardware is difficult to service, even just for cleaning.
For the newer models, yep.
>4) Squishing thearrow keys to fit the keyboard into a perfectly symmetrical rectangle makes them harder to use.
Fair point, but you get used to it.
>5) The keyboard shortcuts are not intuitive.
Hard fucking disagree right here. Shortcuts are the best thing about MacOS. Cmd/Opt/Shift + letters for everything, which leaves Ctrl completely free to do whatever I want in a terminal environment. I have way fewer shortcut collisions on MacOS than windows or Linux because of this. You are wrong.
>6) They're useless for gaming
I'm sorry you can't play videogames.
>8) You'll have a lot of trouble running something that Apple doesn't want you to. This includes non-Apple devices like Android phones and allegedly also includes legacy support.
I don't own an Android phone. When I used to, it was hard to set up or do anything on Windows anyways.
>9) Software is hard to customise.
Not sure what you mean by this, but I've never really had any issue with any of the software?
>10) Tech support is allegedly bad.
I'll agree here. Apple Care has never saved me any money.
>11) Apparently they've got a terrible throttling problem. I won't hide the fact that I'm not 100% sure what that means.
If you don't know what throttling means then you shouldn't be here.
) I've been told that if you're smart, you can just install Mac OS on your favourite compatible machine and dodge most of the above problems, including the throttling.
I guess so, but build quality is what justifies the price tag.

still though i can only handle snow leaopard in a VM on modern hardware, i was there had a macbook g4 and used ny GF imac. Waiting for that rainbow spinny wheel on that bottlenecked hardware was always suicide inducing.