Your access has been limited to your account, you cannot do anymore operations until you do the following

>your access has been limited to your account, you cannot do anymore operations until you do the following
>send us a picture of you
>send us your personal info
>send us your address with proof it is your address

Other urls found in this thread:

cointelegraph.com/news/moscow-man-mutilated-and-mugged-for-1-million-in-bitcoin-local-sources-report
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats why bitcoin is a much better option user

sometimes i get this error on eBay and other sites when i try to pay for something using my paypal balance

for whatever reason blocking paypal in noscript so it forces you to use the legacy site/payment screen lets me get around it

How do you get around this shit anyway? I don't want to upload my personal info.

>just set up sepa direct debit to your bank account
>don't buy drugs
>don't be an idiot so don't fall for phishing
>never have this problem

are you fucking retarded
I just started a paypal account and did only one money transmission operation for 5 USD and never logged back in
my account is not even a week old and they emailed me asking for this horseshit

too bad it's not accepted anywhere and never will be.

sounds like fake mail to me

I never got this and I've been using paypal for a year almost on daily basis, I got it connected to a cc though, dunno if it makes any difference (no IBAN connection).

You're more likely to get this if you don't have any credit card/bank account attached.

it may be. i'm chilean and.ive never been asked for that. account since 2009 i guess. 2 cards attached

just kyc la

Don't fall for the scam user. Also
>using PayPal and not your banks credit card/debit credit card
They make it out to be that you will get your cc info stolen but i haven't yet once had mine stolen

Show us the email address it was sent from.

Use a service

[email protected]

>falling for a phishing scam
the absolute state of Sup Forums in 2018

this isn't a fake email, retard

real email is [email protected] retard

Literally any other cryptocurrency would be a better option than Bitcoin. Maybe Ethereum, Monero, Dash, or Iota.

My bank allows you to create a temporary virtual card, they SMS you the ccn, you pay with it and it becomes invalid after some minutes. That way it doesn't matter if they steal or share your number.

>he thinks the "from" header on an email is tamperproof or even checked at all
I once had a php script on a private little fuck-around server on a .be domain send an email to my brother's gmail with the "from" address set to [email protected]. The from address on an email means jack-shit, you can fill in whatever value you want.

that's a neat service. which bank/country? can't be a shithole like the usa or a country technologically stuck in the dark ages like most of western europe

Well it australia
Probably the UK or germany

Its actually west EU, Spain specifically lol

Man, I'm always scared that the money I withdraw to my account won't show up.

Never had to do any of that besides put my name in and shit, but most sites that handle money do that anyway.

>not linking your paypal account directly from your bank website

That's why DKIM exists since ~2004.

God forbid a banking service asks for personal info.

Just attach a card to it and have paypal charge that. Never put any money to an actual paypal balance.

I only have my CC linked to my paypal. I only use it when paypal is an option but a CC isn't. I've gone years without using paypal, then suddenly started using it for foreign purchases (nendos/figures from Japan) and never got any access issues.

It is in place to prevent money laundering, I would just send it to them. To prevent this from happening you will need to have a bank account connected to it, so they will have your identity anyways.

To be fair, it's not PayPal's fault. International money laundering laws force them to.

Only because your bank already has all information about you.

I wanted to open a Paypal for my business. And they wanted to know the entire business structure and ID's of everyone with a decent share.

I can't remember needing all that crap when I opened a bank account. So why would Paypal need it?

>link paypal with bank account
>never have any problems
>customer service is good
>refund claims are quick and painless

Probably because you opened a personal bank account rather than a business account. Otherwise, probably just because they already knew it by having a direct connection to the government trade register or whatever it's called in your country.

>PayPal
>Banking Service

Chamber of commerce. And yeah, that's probably it.

> A service that handles money wants to make sure you are not a criminal.

Shocking.

Just send the info. Nobody gives a fuck about your “muh personal information”.

I miss the old internet where people gave a shit. You fucking kids rub your dicks and phones and go through life like fucking zombies.

>stop trying to make me verify my account with an ID

>be oneself
>selling modafonil to people during exams
>some people want use paypal instead of cash
>notaproblem.gif
>one girl attaches a message to the payment
>”this is for the modafonil”
>botnet reads messages
>paypal limited

to this day paypal is harbouring my drug money

I’m old enough to have been on the internet for 20+ years and care about privacy but that’s very different from being paranoid.

You either trust some services with your personal information or don’t use them at all. Why the fuck would you even trust them with money-related affairs if you can’t trust them with your data?

I’m not saying go give your real address on every forum out there but if you are asking them to transfer money for you, them asking for some information is fair IMO.

>register in a bitcoin exchange
>send us a picture of you
>send us your personal info
>send us your address with proof it is your address
>send us your banking data with proof it is your banking data
>send us an essay explaining why you want to make a purchase so big
>contact us via webcam to personally confirm every transaction

>I’m old enough to have been on the internet for 20+ years

>send us an essay explaining why you want to make a purchase so big
>contact us via webcam to personally confirm every transaction
that's a meme right?

>open paypal for my business
>register my EIN and business bank account
>process $10k daily, never any issues or holds

try not being morons i guess?

>keeping money in your Paypal account

I use it solely for the buyer protection and credit facility with a great interest rate.

>essay
Had this happen in G2A.
>webcam
Bitpanda among others. The webcam thing is not such a bad idea with all this bitcoin kidnappings happening but should be an opt in.
cointelegraph.com/news/moscow-man-mutilated-and-mugged-for-1-million-in-bitcoin-local-sources-report

i would simply stop using, that easy.

>Had this happen in G2A.
What's the logic behind it? you can just come up with some bullshit anyways if you were actually laundering money. Doubt they can cover themselves behind a shitty essay if they were take to court for aiding in money laundering.
>that article
russia is one crazy place, but yeah i see why using a webcam at least for cashing out would be a good idea

you deserve it

>send email
>"Delete my account and every personal info. According to the law, you're obliged to, if you won't, this will end in court."

But we aren't a bank so we don't have any regulations to follow

No, that is how PayPal operates

PP gave me a $4,150 line of credit last night... is that decent?

Even Facebook does this

You got a problem with a service verifying your identity so they are more safer for everyone, you dirty fucking neckbeard?

is paypal good enough for freelance gigs?

>I don't want to upload my personal info.
Paypal literally requires your personal info when you open an account. Full name, address, ID, and proof of address. It's just asking once more to make sure it's you and not a hacker. If you are using Paypal you already gave them everything, you just don't remember.

We have it in Portugal as well, in fact I think almost every european country has the service through some bank. In my case however I went with a separate prepaid card connected to PayPal. Anytime I need it I just charge it from my main card, and if shit happens I just lose what's on the prepaid anyway.

>2nd reply
>most relevent in entire thread
>0 replies

Fuck Sup Forums 2018. I get your 90% kiddos but comeone

Shut up and be happy that your account is at least somewhat protected

In the US, it's better to use an AmEx card when you can, due to the superior purchase protection and anti-fraud shit, and then just use your checking account to pay that, and nothing else. If someone gets your AmEx, they can pull the money back from the merchant, no questions asked, for 90 days, all while keeping your actual bank info safe.

On the off-chance that you don't qualify for an actual AmEx Credit card, just set up AmEx Bluebird as a secondary checking account. Transfer money from your bank's debit card into the bluebird account first, and then buy what you want. You still get the purchase protection.

just buy monero with cash, there are some site available

>be me a few years ago
>run a tiny business serving clients (mostly other businesses) from all over the world
>unlike literally everyone else, fucking burgers and leaves can't into bank transfers in $CURRENT_CENTURY
>"Shekelstein charges us $BIGNUM for transfers, can you accept PayPal pls?"
>okay.jpg
>set up this fucking piece of shit
>receive a payment in USD
>PayPal skims a bunch of money
>change currency to EUR
>PayPal skims a bunch of money with an arbitrary exchange rate
>withdraw to bank account
>PayPal skims a bunch of money
>literally 15-20% lost
>can't write it off as a cost because PayPal doesn't provide anything resembling legally recognized invoice for their thievery
>have to give them the shit OP's talking about
>mfw
Is there really no decent alternative for this shit?

didn't eBay recently announce their own Paypal-like service to run as an option to Paypal? Pp & Ebay were one for a while?

I'm tired of paying fees and a percentage AND getting stung by bogus exchange rates with every single sale on ebay paid with paypal.

Think about it . . . a Seller pay a nominal insertion fee then after the sale they pay fees to Ebay and Paypal while the buyer pays fees to Ebay for their International Import and Shipping program as well as Paypal in sending funds.

Aside from that Paypal has the most ludicrous imagery on their web site.

>Is there really no decent alternative for this shit?
PayPal's doing what it's doing because it makes fat stacks of money on those fees. If someone else goes into direct competition with them, with the intention of doing everything PayPal does at least as well, but competing on fees, it would create a "race to the bottom" situation where neither would make big profits. In other words, someone would have to do it (and it would be very expensive to set up on PayPal's scale) out of some other desire than to make money, and on top of that, they'd have to resist the rich bribe (buyout) PayPal would offer them to not do it.

Nobody can raise a big investment to walk knowingly into a race to the bottom competition. All we can hope for is that PayPal's service gets worse to the point where someone can charge the same fees and just do things better.

Stripe is definitely competing with PayPal.

Nobody is forcing you to use it.
Also, they do not ask for a picture AFAIK, and I use paypal professionally.

>"Hello,
>The data protection law does not apply for banking and money-related services, as per the laws about money laundering and taxation.
>Fuck you my lawyers are bigger than yours,
>Paypal"

What's the problem? You have to be fucking retarded to use PayPal if you want to remain anonymous.

That's about the same as they gave me a while back (£3000, which is $4181). 17.9% APR and 4 months interest free on all purchases over £150 isn't bad.

>Stripe is definitely competing with PayPal.
Not on price. Not on the full range of services. As a payment acceptor, Stripe offers a small (but important) subset of PayPal's services with the same fees.

Using PayPal for anything over $500 is stupid and I learned the hard way. I used to run an ecommerce site for a niche market, sold it a few years ago. Anyway, we had a legitimate order go through for about $58,000 USD. We shipped the stuff and PayPal still locked up the money as the transaction was "suspicious". There was nothing indicating that it was and we even got lawyers involved that could find nothing. I knew the buyer, he'd been doing business with us for over 3 years at that point with several $10-20k transactions in the past and they did not report us or anything. 4 months later and a high interest loan so I could keep the lights on PayPal finally released the money after finding nothing. They held my business hostage. Hindsight is 20/20, afterwards I got an ACH payment gateway for large purchases.

Stripe accepts...
>Credit Cards
>Wire Transfers
>Bitcoin

Not sure what else you could want from a payment processor. There is several free invoice platforms as well that integrate with the stripe API in case you wanted actual invoices like paypal. paypal also nickle and dimes you when you use AMEX, international cards, and what not while Stripe is flat rate.

Can you tell me how you exactly block it user? Its kind of important.

>Yes, that's how russians operate
FTFY

PayPal does micropayments, so you can use it for $1 or $2 payments without having a ridiculous amount of it being eaten up by fees. Stripe doesn't.

PayPal lets you carry a balance and spend it through PayPal or Mastercard, so it's like a bank account by itself, with no monthly or annual fees. This is very handy for people with poor credit, since prepaid cards usually have absolutely disgusting fees.

Stripe is only business accounts, not consumer accounts. PayPal lets the consumer get comfortable and establish a relationship with the payment provider, and not have to enter their credit card details when prompted by some random business. They can do things like fund their PayPal account with direct debit from their bank balance, or you can have your friend or family member PayPal you some money that you pay them back for in person. There are many options which make payments more likely to happen if PayPal is an option.

Anyway, the key point was that Stripe isn't competing on price, and doesn't have potential to make doing business significantly cheaper than it is with PayPal, because they don't have account-to-account balance payments with the potential to avoid the credit card fees.

Buy a visa gift card with cash and use that instead or you can always get a reloadable prepaid card too but check out the fees first.

Alternative? Something that accepts paypal payments but isnt paypal?

hnnhn

when a company has made billions of transactions, id trust their scam/fraud detection

pretty sure OP is in the wrong here

They did this to me too when I was underage and used fake info. Sent me my cash 6 months later or whatever and I picked up a fat sack of weed. Started using them again a few years ago with real shit, haven't had a problem since.

not op but umatrix

That only happens on sites where you buy it with fiat. After your initial investment you don't have to do that anymore.

Shut the fuck up. No one needs paypal to protect them, banks and cc companies protect you and gladly refund purchases no-hassle.

Technocrat paypal is monetizing your purchasing data to advertisers and will gladly force you to pay bills to other companies. They also rake in billions while still having stinky indian phone support. Also paypal is still a buggy piece of shit and shows i have -$500 balance for withdrawing all my ebay money to my bank lol.

These californian companies want us to be slaves. If you stand with them you stand against me.

paypal is the literal definition of a bank you fucking idiot

>third world
>paypal asks my info
>claim to be Anus Maximus from the shithole street
>insert random gibberish as my ID
>works perfectly for years

paypal isn't a bank though
per definition
when you give them money and they tell you you have money on there, you don't. legally you bought tokens from them which they give a certain amount of value shown in your currency.
this isn't exactly news...

paypal are sly bastards but I like it nevertheless.

>make a twitter account
>do anything
>do nothing
>"heehee your account has been flagged for suspicious activity, please give us your phone number so we know it's you ;) its just a security thing, really!"

What do?
I have the same thing as OP, my paypal name is fake as well as the age I put on it when I set it up. Its linked to my bank account and credit card too.

I have a PP account with fake info tho

I had that happen. I called to resolve it, let slip that I was under 18 when I first registered (I was 18 when I called and mentioned that, and my account was really old), so then they basically said I wasn't allowed to use the account anymore, they won't even let me close it. They said they'd close it so I could re-register, but they didn't, and you can't use the same bank account on two paypal accounts. I got the money out of it and back into my bank account, but it's just stuck now so I can't use paypal anymore. I haven't called again because I have social anxiety. I actually had my parents do most of the talking the first time.

>I have a bank account with fake info
You deserve every issue you have with paypal if you enter fake information.

> I haven't called again because I have social anxiety.