Just finished listening to this. Why do people pretend that this is bad again?

Just finished listening to this. Why do people pretend that this is bad again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Or8QahwlC4
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU
youtube.com/watch?v=ATWnH-yb6-o
youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk
youtube.com/watch?v=hhQCs2x1qtg
youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk
youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs
youtube.com/watch?v=ci0fyRAw21Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pPHCLOaA5Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=04hcZwqYVpI
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5zZ5cdu98
youtu.be/yQq7SuDtom8
youtube.com/watch?v=9jT9DbsMDzw
youtube.com/watch?v=AkNvk2MgiCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to be able to pretend that britpop was a step forward

It's pretty good, definitely underrated. It's seen as a poor attempt to cash in on the shoegaze bandwaggon (which it was, to be honest), but it has some really nice songs. My favs are Beetleburn and Come Together.

Beetlebum was on Blur you wally.

That's my favorite Blur album. It's pretty frontloaded but She's So High, Bang, and There's No Other Way are great songs.

lol

you're right, I was thinking about the first song idk how it's called. Sing is also fantastic btw

There's No Other Way is their best song. Blur have always been a bunch of trend hopping wanks anyway. No idea why they're so revered.

>confusing She's So High with Beetlebum

Because Oasis is much much better than Blur and that is a fact.

Fun fact: Oasis was created so Blur would look good in comparison and be remembered.

Thats like their worst tho. Good that you like it, you will be blown by their best work, Modern Life Is Rubbish, Parklife, Blur and 13

solid kek

Damn you are funny lad ;D

Avin a giggle, pleb?

It's been a looooong time since I last heard Blur m8

Blur were better in about every single way what are you talking about

13 is easily their best album imo

>Oasis was created so Blur would look good in comparison
>Blur were better in about every single way what are you talking about
Not so good at the old thinking are we now.

Kek myy bad was meant to quote

youtube.com/watch?v=4Or8QahwlC4
youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU
youtube.com/watch?v=ATWnH-yb6-o
youtube.com/watch?v=SSbBvKaM6sk
Yeah sure.

Don't worry about Montie. He still thinks it's 1995. It's kind of sad really. The battle of Britpop is 21 this year. It is old enough to be an adult and not give a fuck, yet Montie somehow didn't grow up in that time and spites Albarn and Blur whenever possible like a child.

>tfw I caught my dad headbanging to girls and boys once

Girls and boys is the best pop song of the brittish 90s you disgusting human being. Fuck you dog

I don't care either way but I want to post this:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhQCs2x1qtg

>cherrypicking
I can do that too!

youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk
youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs
youtube.com/watch?v=ci0fyRAw21Q

youtube.com/watch?v=pPHCLOaA5Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=04hcZwqYVpI
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5zZ5cdu98

Also the production on Oasis' first 2 album is garbage.

>my favourite two songs from both bands
>cherrypicking

Because it's trendy to hate Blur. They made a wide variety of music and did pretty much all of it very well. Seriously, people on this board who say Oasis are "better" are honestly a) biased or b) stupid. Oasis pretty much stuck to the same rock formula their whole career, even when they dropped off in quality after Morning Glory.

Note: I like Oasis in addition to Blur and frequently go back to DM and WTSMG, so it's not like I'm hating on them. People act like "yeah man they're the working class band!!!" When they're just as loaded as Albarn and co, if not even more so.

Because it was rendered irrelevant, along with all of their other songs, by their magnum opus: youtu.be/yQq7SuDtom8

>People act like "yeah man they're the working class band!!!" When they're just as loaded as Albarn and co, if not even more so.
I don't care about class war but that's missing the point pretty damn hard user.

If you mean that they were originally working class, sure, thats true. But by the first abum they were loaded, so I don't think that label applies for very long. Obviously thats not the only point of contention people have, it's just a stupid one. What's so bad about the fact that Blur went to an art school anyway? They could have been fucking billionaire trust fund babbies for all I care, as long as the music is good.

>dubsdubs
The thing I guess is that they both really acted like class stereotypes and a lot of people find middle class caricatures more annoying than working class ones. But I'm with you, I don't care.

the only britpop band to ever exist that wasn't utter bollocks was pulp

>Suede

Lol Pulp are good but overrated

>tfw we're Out of Time

All britpop is good tho, why argue.

i like blur but that album actually is bad

If you are american you dont deserve to be in here

Sing is GOAT

>not Suede
pls they're the only one whose comeback material is genuinely on the level of their past work

if you enjoy shed seven and cast you don't deserve to be in here

>there are people still arguing over which was the best Britpop band, Blur or Oasis
youtube.com/watch?v=9jT9DbsMDzw
they've said their next album is going to be heavily inspired by Talk Talk's 'Spirit Of Eden' and Scott Walker

Enjoy what?

shitty britpop

>user didn't like menswe@r

>Why do people pretend that this is bad again?
It's different from their later output and it "rocks" too much. Also Albarn says it's bad.

I like this album, this is one of the rare albums that I don't jump any track, althought there songs I like more I don't think any of them annoying.
I don't need anyone, but a little love make things better.

So he doesn't get the sarcasm/cynicism of Girls & Boys. Figures

>why do people love the britpop albums but hate the shugazi album

exactly

I cannot take seriously any band who bully Nardwuar youtube.com/watch?v=AkNvk2MgiCc

Because it's like if discount versions of Ride and Stone Roses crashed together.

The fuck. *throws their records in the fire*

>Girls and Boys is one of your favorite Blur tracks

kys even the worst song on 13 is better than Girls and Boys.

>muh americanism