What's the oldest piece of tech you still use? (other than your car or a stove or some shit like that)

What's the oldest piece of tech you still use? (other than your car or a stove or some shit like that)

Other urls found in this thread:

capeoldradio.com/cor_radio.php?radio_box=25554
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Commodore 1701 Monitor. My mom threw out the commodore when i was 7 years old. I connect my Snes and my Atari 7800 to it though.

I still use VGA.
My KVM is PS/2 and VGA and it's amazing. It's old but the new ones aren't as good. I bought a DVI KVM and it sucked. I had to go back.

My computer

I guess it's my homeserver, a Sun Ultra Enterprise 250. I maxed its ram out at 2GiB today, but it had a 100+ day uptime before I turned it off.
Works great for torrenting, samba and appleshare (for old OS 9 machines). Also does some Einstein@Home on the side.

It's because you can switch VGA and PS/2 with simple off the shelf electronics, while with any digital video standard you need either custom silicon, a FPGA, or a microcontroller.
A microcontroller is the cheapest, but it also gives the worst experience.

my KVM is electronic, not mechanical.

My KVM is good because of the hotkeys and the quickness of image when switching.

Probably my Model M

Is that Halo?
I am confusion

XBox 360 probably. Can't replace it with a One because Fight Night isn't backwards compatible.

It's Halo Custom Edition for PC. The mod is CMT SPv3

ur mum

An old tv from like 1955, and a northern electric radio from the 40s I think

>Sun

Nice! I have a Sun Ultra 1 (Solaris 2.6) and a Sun SPARCclassic (SunOS 4.1.4) that I tinker around with. Nothing that I use daily though.

I have a dual-head DVI KVM that works pretty good. What did you have problems with? The only thing I have trouble with is the USB pass-through for the aux USB port.

I have a Nikon F3, Nikon's first professional electronic camera introduced in 1980. I also used to own a Leica M3 with a 1959 serial number.

I also regularly wear my grandfather's mechanical watch from 1964 and my dad's quartz watch from the 70s.

I'd guess my oldest piece of hardware I use regularly is my TEAC 5.25" floppy drive. I make images of old software to preserve on WinWorld and similar places.

Probably this.

Gotta be hooked up to all forms of social media 24/7
Can't be playing a video game without knowing what Suzie is having for lunch
Life is great in the current year

I'm sorry you don't have friends

I have enough close friends that I see every weekend, we don't need to be in each other's lives all day every day

What's a good use of a second monitor? Monitoring his PC stats while he plays a 17 year old game?

You see with adults we have to go to places other than school so we can't see each other for months or even years at a time

So you need to dedicate 2 extra monitors so they never leave your mind for even an hour while you play a video game

My 13 year old Nokia cellphone.

I might have to buy a new battery by 2020, this one barely lasts five days now.

2012 MacBook Pro

had them for 12 years. dont know why i havent gotten new ones, they work just fine.

What mouse pad is that?

>Life is great in the current year

It clearly is not. And i have all the free time, drugs, bikes, cars, music and gadgets you could want.

(You) people are clearly, constantly ruining my buzz with (Your) faggotry by proxy.

So is life great or not great make up your damn mind

>what are work groups

Pics? What do you use the TV for?

I still use Winamp.....
Oldest tech is a pair of Yamaha NS 144 speakers. They're from 79'.

You're doing God's work user.

Life should be great but it isnt. I have all the material possessions i want and can afford to maintain.

Socially and economicly there has been a huge breakdown since 2008 and shit is fucked breh. And thats not even taking into account the headache inducing SJW / tans / soy culture.

I want off this time line.

Oldest I USE is my shit laptop I bought on Reddit. Should've kept my thinkpad.
Oldest I OWN is a Wyse WY85 Gate Array I found at a military surplus store a few years ago. When I have the money and the time I'm going to salvage the switches and build a new board.

late 2006 imac
posting from it right now

>Dedicated monitor for discord
Please die

My stereo equipment. All of it is early to mid '90s but I love it.

I would probably have a video podcast on or something.

>I had to go back.
Are you from south of the border?

I've got a 50's era .22 9 shot revolver
Some mid 00's UMPCs for VNs
A super VHS player from 19??
A 1985 Emerson color 5 inch portable tv
A 19?? agile modulator

Radio is one of these except in a metallic green colour:
capeoldradio.com/cor_radio.php?radio_box=25554

the tv is hallicrafters, I use it for my computer thru the antenna input

That's a nice little radio. I've been wanting to get a giant antique radio for a dead space in my living room. I found one at a flea market that had a tip-out turntable but I didn't pull the trigger.

my 4:3 monitor from 2007

cool

Stereo from the 1970s

My Yamaha PSR-11. (produced 1986/1987)
The synthesizer chip is a YM3812.
"The Yamaha YM3812, also known as the OPL2, is a sound chip created by Yamaha Corporation in 1985 and famous for its wide use in IBM PC-based sound cards such as the AdLib, Sound Blaster and Pro AudioSpectrum (8bit),[1] as well as several arcade games by Nichibutsu and Toaplan."

I use a Kenwood kr-2600 daily to drive my speakers and headphones with my desktop connected as input, love the way it sounds.

AM radio from the 1950s

A General Electric rotary phone from 1943 that I plug in when power goes out

muh dick

I use a Pioneer SX-2600 that my dad bought before I was born, I use it to drive my desktop speakers (Polk RTi4s)
it's picked up a pretty audible hiss over the years, but it still sounds great

does this count?

Who else here /iphone 3gs/

wm d6c is comfy

I ride a pushknacker to work, had it since 86

I unironically use a record player and double edge razors because they're better

Super Nintendo.

jesus

Samsung Galaxy S8

I miss Nef posting

ur mom

Yeah, USB would get lost,
display wouldn't come back sometimes (would have to switch and re-switch), etc. lots of little niggles
The VGA one just works better, more reliably.

Maxell XLII tapes. Not god tier metal, but damn fine tapes.

speakers manufactured in year 1984, CCCP

HOLY SHIT SO THAT'S WHAT THAT THING IS
Goddamn. "According to this thing you're gay" is like the oldest image ever.

ios 6 and lower > ios 7+

I use speakers from 1989, and a 35mm SLR from 1984.

My toilet.

>M-Audio
>Audiophile

wut is that i want one

90 year old pen-knife/jack-knife
Game CD from 1995 (sim city)
some computer cables I have had since 1990
Dining-room lamp circa 1928
my wifes vagina

My computer speakers are older than me

>1989 speakers
Ayy, so are the rear 6x9s in my Camaro. The fronts are vatozone garbage from 2008 and already crapped out while the rears are still chugging on strong.

HP 12C financial calculator from 1983. Use it everyday.
iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen. Use it when I go to the gym.

Nice trips and nice mill my dude. What do you make with it?

All my other old cameras crapped out but I have a zeiss ikoflex 1c that still works well. It's around 60 years old now

>he's a """"GAMER"""" with a key board that has a maximum 2 key rollover
gtfo. also try typing over 80 wpm, model m is actually trash. although the buckling springs do feel nice

Not everyone is a CS:GO or Starcraft pro. 2 key rollover is perfectly fine for every day use

>WAT RACING ONTARIO
based /o/tist

ok halo player, strafe backwards and jump.

Not him, but I can use ctrl+alt+del just fine on my Model M
So he should be able to strafe backwards and jump using his keyboard

keyboard matrix is programmed / constructed to allow certain combinations to feed through but generally there's a two key rollover. a shame really.

My custom Winamp hot keys work just fine too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

youre sure that you're not using a model f? those have n-key

Maybe my hot keys are using enough modifier keys? Still can't say I've ever noticed 2 key rollover getting in my way, even when playing my gayman

My Wacom Intuos 4.

yeah maybe, either way I'm glad it works for you. doesn't work for me QQ

sometimes more interesting things mostly these

Just search "large mouse pad" on Amazon