What kind of toppings do people put on pizza in your country?

What kind of toppings do people put on pizza in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

sicnoticias.sapo.pt/pais/2016-09-13-A-melhor-pizza-do-mundo-e-portuguesa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the same your people put but with less pork meat
and our regional variety: palm heart (pamito)
>inb4 finn posts "ananas"

Bam!

Pretty much everything except for ananás.
Although sometimes we put ananás too.

mayo

sicnoticias.sapo.pt/pais/2016-09-13-A-melhor-pizza-do-mundo-e-portuguesa

com uma pizza de bacalhau, ora pois.

yeah it's called hawaiian pizza here

i would desu sempai

I put tomato cheese tuna and garlic powder

That's not bacalhau pizza, is Bacalhau à Nápoles.

French fries, mayonaise, headcheese

I think I'm about to trigger some people

Tuna and Onions

Looks pretty good. Brazil always has good culinary taste.

Hmm. More doubtful, but I trust you guys.

>Brazil always has good culinary taste.

Thanks Portugal, you too

>will never eat francesinha
feels bad

Normal things, pineapple, reindeer, sour cream, eggs, chevre cheese, sometimes salmon, strawberries, you know, it depends

Francesinha is great, but it's a bit hyped. It's mostly just something that everyone loves, but it's not high cuisine or art.

It's also pretty simple to make a good one, even if the proper ones are trade secret. You should be able to find the exact ingredients down there in Portuguese-ran shops, even if they are a bit expensive.

>strawberries

Holy shit

>seafood on pizza
How have we never thought of this?

My personal favorite is Pepperoni; the most common nationwide are Cheese Pizza, Pepperoni, Sausage, and Vegetables.

It's delicious. Not as a sweet pizza, but with rocket salad and some strong cheese and pine seeds or whatever, it's tasty

Pineapple and Canadian Bacon.

I live in a small town (300,000 people or so) so there are no Portuguese shops around. Maybe next time I go down to Rio I'll look for one.

Last one

that looks lovely

depends on the sauce and cheese though

Well the sauce is really the harder part to get right, but white wine, piripiri and chouriço should be about the hardest things to find outside of Portugal, which is why I mentioned a portuguese shop. Brazil should still have something similar, I'm sure.

I guess for American Tourists, NYC and Chicago (even without the 'go 'za, Chicago has a good tradition in making thin-crust Pizza) are your best stops for Pizza. The West Coast is bad at it, and the rest of the country is okay but not worth travelling for.

lel

Yeah you have to approach it a bit like strawberries in salad. Strong flavours. Strawberries-chevre-basil-balsamico for example is lovely, and a bit of chili.

I made pear-horse pizza at home a couple of times too, with some dijon mustard in the sauce with the tomato base, and of course some other toppings, pepper etc, it was excellent too. Some fruit actually works nice if there's some sour or spicy kick to go with it. Like balsamico or mustard or such.

In Finland, blue cheese or feta is also quite common in pizzas, though personally I'm not too fond of it :D

"pollo con champiñones" (chicken and mushrooms)
"hawaiana" (pineapple, ham)
"de carnes" (meat)
"mexicana (doritos, peppers, chorizo, etc)

ananász

An 'Aussie pizza' is egg, cheese, ham and bacon.

Long may it be haram.

why are aussies based

pineapple
fish
ananas

>The West Coast is bad at it
Couldn't agree more.
>the rest of the country is okay but not worth travelling for
Also agree with this. Everyone's got their favorite local place, but it's usually a little generic. Good, but not as good as really good pizza in NYC or Chicago.

Merica? Whatever the fuck we want.

>tuna

In the US tuna usually means canned watery poverty food. Do you guys have higher quality canneries or do you usually eat it fresh? I see you Iberians mention it a lot

Caned tuna just a cheap normal food here, no stigma but nothing great either. Some people uses for literally everything and I find that disgusting tho, specially for pizza. The patrician pizza fish are anchovies.

I like anchovies for one slice. Anymore than that and it starts to taste too salty.

Margherita is the most popular pizza in Japan I think.

i think the most common pizza in Argentina are "especial con jamon" (pizza with mozzarella, york ham, pepper and oregano) and "muzzarella" (muzzarella and oregano)

Our canned tuna is usually preserved in olive oil, and is the inexpensive fish to use when you are in a hurry.

It's not so much a poor dish as a fast dish. It can be pretty good with boiled potatoes and egg with olive oil. It's great for us because we eat a lot of fish, and it usually means tuna, since bacalhau takes a while to prepare and other fish aren't as consistently tasty.

It's used a lot for kids who don't like most fish until they are older.

Tuna pizza is a bit iffy, though. I never like tuna without the ability to drench it in olive oil.

We put beans, chorizo and chile

>and chile
That would require a baguette, not pizza bread.

So there's no crust in the middle? It's just a hole for a centerpiece?

Smoked maple bacon.

Thai Chicken, with peanut sauce

For some reason we get this while Europe gets kebab pizza

Looks neat

Our enemies

both look ok apartfrom the beans in the middle and the slices topped with raw onions in stead of cheese

>an entire roast chicken dumped in the middle

oh come on

>beans
those are peanuts

It's more that the chicken is one dish, and the pizza slices are another. They are just presented like that.

I presume they carve it before they start eating it, and that there isn't one guy that gets the middle slice with all the chicken.

and why heck would you put a giant chocolate covered cookie thing in the middle of savory slices of pizza!!?

curry, bak choy and anchovies

grilled chicken
extra cheese
beef
Canadian bacon

pizza with bread brim with cheese filling

had this earlier today. Feta, mozzarella, tomatos, spinach, sauce

honey and goat cheese

2american4me

>sweet toppings on Pizza
Your Pizza Topping is bad and you should feel bad.

Why do you have kebab pizza but not something like gravlax pizza?

>italians
>people

I'd try it