pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/product-news-f44/noppoo-tease-a-very-familiar-capacitive-switch-design-t6741.html
kprepublic.com/collections/case/products/anodized-aluminium-case-for-daisy-40-hhkb-layout-custom-keyboard-acrylic-diffuser-can-support-daisy
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE93U6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519741981&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+masterkeys+pro+l&th=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Cherry browns are the diet coke of keyboard switches

We need a consumer electronics board for threads like this.

Cherry browns aren't good though

>one chance at life
>born in europe

Why do I have to suffer like this?

deskthority.net/product-news-f44/noppoo-tease-a-very-familiar-capacitive-switch-design-t6741.html

For the user who asked about this:
There's no metal contact being closed here, a sensor in the keyboard measures the capacitance between the metal spring and the underlying pad in the PCB, if the capacitance changes by a certain amount, the switch "actuates", or rather, the processor on the board send a keycode to the computer depending on which key has been pressed. Similar to hall effect switches, it's entirely contactless.

not gona lie it sound more complicated than regular mech

Is Ajazz AK33 without backlighting the best chinkboard in its price range?

>it sound more complicated than regular mech
it is more complicated than a regular mech

no the tada68 is.

Got Aliaz switches installed on my GMMK today
They're just what the doctor fucking ordered

Jake i know its you again

Fell for the topre meme, feels fucking amazing so far.

I used to think things were better in europe but then I went to grad school in the uk and now work on the continent and all I can think about is how to get out of europe

I agree. My first mech had browns and my current greens are something else entirely. In a good way.

Is this the only 40% case I can get with a split spacebar HHKB layout?

kprepublic.com/collections/case/products/anodized-aluminium-case-for-daisy-40-hhkb-layout-custom-keyboard-acrylic-diffuser-can-support-daisy

with meme corners, yes

Strongly considering making myself an Ergodone. I'm on a handwire split ortholinear build I made myself but it's so non standard getting keycaps is a real pain.

Should I convince myself out of it?

Dunno him
I've decided I need to clip the stabilizers because they're the only part that's still loud

Clipping doesn't help with noise. For noise you'll just want to buy genuine cherry stabilizers and lube them.

Thanks for the heads up
I've ordered some lube but I might try that plus the vinyl mod with the stock stabilizers before I try and replace them

SAUCE??

What would you use this for?

modelfkeyboards.com

>two days left for preorders
>my fucking face when

Anyone here have the pingmaster? Is it a good linear switch?

Fuck my fucking life, it's beautiful but I can't spend the money right now... Worse is bucking spring is my all time favorite switches. I'm almost crying.

How does an acrylic/aluminum sandwich case compare to plain molded ABS?

A reminder that anyone who enjoys Topre is just a closeted rubberdome fetishist whose opinions don't matter.

well not owning one but by the looks of that case those mid plates are not threaded just a hole meaning that if some screw gets lose over time those acrylic pieces will probably dance a bit.

Also who ever made that case missed the point of a compact 30% build

Friendly reminder that literally no mechanical shitboard can compete with the feel and functionality of your lord and savior the IBM Rapidaccess 3

>Same feel as a cherry MX rainbow MLP mechanical keyboard
>Rubber domes that will last forever+1
>Actually has all the fucking keys a keyboard should have
>Doubleshot ABS keycaps that aren't chinesium chinkshit and will survive decades of typing
>Actually has a palmrest
>Convenient multimedia keys and mappable macros
>build in 2 port USB hub
>Literally 20 dollars on ebay
>predecessor available in PS/2 for also literally 20 dollars

Mechanifags can't compete. Enjoy your noisy manchild fashion accessory toys with anime colors.

lol no trackpoint

>noisy
But user, not all switches are clicky.
The clitmouse is the most important part of any setup.

Topre is physically a superior switch-type to the already great tactility of rubber domes. This is a fact.
Rubber domes have better tactility than MX-style because it has a softer bottom out and a comparable actuation bump. This is an opinion.
You either like it hard or soft so you have to pick a side.

But user, I like it rough. The keys slamming down onto the metal backplate, softened only by the shock absorbing foam layer underneath, quivering in fear and agony as I pelt deeper and deeper with my fingers. With agility unmatched, my fingers dance across the keys, each plummeting hard with a deafening clack with every single keystroke. My computer can barely keep up with the words I'm pumping out, and my keyboard has become unbalanced and is rattling against the desk. Harder, faster, rougher. I'm almost smashing the keys now, my thumb planted firmly on the space bar teasing it mercilessly as I push down with all my might between words. Just when my keys are about to crack from abuse, I stop, and gently slide my pinky over the enter key. The aftercare I show my beloved little slut of a keyboard is unparalleled, and it groans as I gently stroke it on the way down. My post is complete, and my keyboard can rest...

im unable to type 10 words without pressing ctrl+back

Just drank the koolaid Sup Forums. There goes some of my savings...

Thank god I live with my parents.

Question, why do people like the hhkb layout? I got a realforce 55g already.

wtf 400$ for a keyboard where you can get similar models for 150$ are you dumb?

where the $150 model fs at

second hand markets

Brand new factory made capacitive switches with a sensible layout.

Not to mention the f77 is similar to the vortex vibe layout I like.

The guy seems dedicated as well. Literally scrapped his first prototype after feedback from the first meetup. The people from the first meetup and also impressed as hell. The only criticism he got was that it did nit feel like the originals, but it was tactiile as fuck.

I did alot of research into this. Trust me 400 dollars is going to be the most I spend on a keyboard.

Meanwhile for me I like a keyboard that feels like the inside of a butthole. The internal resistance of the rubber forcing my fingers to react with extra pressure, followed by an abrupt but soft stop that lets you know you prodded as far as you can go.

>The people from the first meetup and also impressed as hell.
Wow that grammer.
The people from the first meetup reviewed and also was impressed as hell.

How accurate was this guy in his current favorites? Thinking about getting those box navys.

>sensible layout.

How can favorites be accurate? It's opinion. Other than the fact that BOX burn oranges aren't linear they're tactile. Only get navys if you like heavy switches.

anons if that guy can make 400 burgerions whe have to come up with our own keyboard and meme price to sell it to the plebitians lets start with the easy thing.

Who manufactures the pcbs?
I will be in charge of the metal casting for the nice rugged texture and the no manlet accepted weight

to be fair. He is basically going around international to someone who will make the casings and molds to original specs.

>sensible layout
What is wrong with it compared to the weird model F ones.

Go find a F77 or kishsaver for $400

No seriously explain. I mean if u you like the hhkb layout then maybe. Otherwise never ever.

I've got a GK64 that I want to fit inside a 60% case, but apparently the cases won't support the left shift stabilizer since it's 2U. Any ideas? Are there custom plates out there for this?

It shouldn't matter what case you use if the screw placement on the PCB is the same as the Pok3r.

How do I identify a mechanical keyboard?

A friend of mine snagged these for me from a pile of old computers, but I can't determine if they're regular keyboards or mechanical keyboards.

mechanical keyboards are regular keyboards

take a cap off them

What I mean by 'regular', is a common rubber dome keyboard.
I removed some caps, most of them had what appears to be a rubber dome thingy below the cap

pic related was a bit different, but I still think it's a rubber dome, below the white thing there appears to be some kind of rubber dome thing, not sure if this is normal in old mech keyboards

Actually, it's not the case but the PCB stabilizer or something? Kinda hard to explain the issue, I think this covers it.

that looks like a rubber dome with a slider on top

I figured as much, but I'm no expert. It seems that all of them are rubber dome keyboards, since all of them look similar, are they supposed to have some kind of spring mechanism or similar below the keycap?

Supposed to? I'm pretty sure most rubber dome keyboards don't also have springs, if that's what you mean.

Typing?
Travel keyboard, terminal keyboard for non gaming computer

>implying BOX Navy in stock

They were just in stock yesterday, too.

No, go for it. And if you're up for it, build a Dactyl, the single best keyboard ever designed

Don't worry, preorders "end" every month, and then get delayed again every single time. I bought mine before they closed back in June

Not that I mind, because apparently the creator is terminally autistic and the delays are caused by him sperging out about some minor aspects not being 100% perfect. Which is just fine by me - if he's making enough profit to ensure I have an absolutely autistically perfect keyboard, it's much better than if he were to say "good enough" and pocket the difference.

>custom serial number

>order from mechanicalkeyboards.com
>they finally add tracking number to order
>invalid according to fedex website

my Logitech k120 has served me very well the past 6 years (almost 7) and its still going strong. but i'd like to get a mechanical keyboard to replace it. it'll be used mainly for gaming, as well as coding.

>Budget
$100

>Location
Israel

>Preferred switch type
I've only tried my friend's Corsair k70 (Cherry reds) and i really liked the feel of it, so I'm guessing i'll go with that. linear it is.

>Layout
doesn't matter

>Form factor
100%

>Backlight
white / RGB (might sacrifice backlighting for superior build quality, i want this thing to last at least 7 years like my k120)

>Previous / current keyboard
Logitech k120. I've been eyeing the Logitech g610 Orion red (cherry reds) and the g810 (romer-G), but i dont know if they're the best i can get for my money in this price range.

Because of my location I'll most likely buy the keyboard from Amazon, so the board i want will have to be available there, since its cheaper to buy anything from Amazon than buying it here(including shipping).

Goddamn, that is tempting. I really want it but spending $400 on a keyboard is pretty extreme. I've used one of the Unicomp keyboards and they're pretty good but they're a bit bulky, and definitely plastic feeling. The biggest downside is their key rollover is terrible so half the time it eats my input. I've heard the Model F's don't have this problem so it's really tempting.

Unicomp model M

I've never seen any good recommendations on this thread, go to reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards

I've been waiting for the keyboard I ordered at the start of february from them, 1 month and it's still not here

Cooler Master masterkeys
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE93U6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519741981&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+masterkeys+pro+l&th=1
Tho I'd get the one with PBT keycaps instead since it has better build quality

sup goyz. plz no bully :3

its bretty GUD for $75

I backed this in 2016, arrived 2 days ago. At least I really like it so far

user looks shit

indeed, but it's nice to type on.

Thoughts on ergodox?

Are box jades really as unreliable as people say? Box whites are already a little heavy for me so box navys are definitely a no go. I want to believe

Hey @FedEx why do you support the NRA?

I've an ergodox with cherry clears. It's pretty good, but i have manlet fingers and it's really built for larger-than-average hands, else the far thumb-cluster buttons are useless. I also miss F-keys and arrow keys being on a base layer. 8/10 Not much better in the same price range, but it's not ideal.

As well as the ergodox, i also regularly use a goldtouch membrane-based keyboard. Despite the shitty membranes i actually prefer this much of the time. It's much closer to a regular keyboard so it's easier to go back and forth (i use multiple computers between work/home.) They are also relatively cheap, and since they are standard ergonomic office equipment can be found very cheap second hand.

It is not a widespread problem, but they definately have some kinks to work out. I would email novelkey personally and ask.

Anyone here fuck with the firmware of their chinkboards?
How hard is it to get things like mouse control working?

Removed chinkware from Tada68 and replaced with QMK
Lost a few LED features but I also haven't customized at all

The Meme is strong with this one.

>membrane

what do u guys think of the logitech g pro

overpriced for what it is

but is it good

no

Box navy switches are gonna leave your keycaps twisted. Don't buy if you want straight caps.

Do cherryfags actually buy $200 ABS keycaps?

When the fuck is the anne pro coming out in ISO?

Are there any other keyboards like it?

ISO, bluetooth, 60%, rgb?

could you provide us with some photos?

>rgb

>Are there any other keyboards like it?
Excuse me? Maybe you got a warped defect, but I am currently using mine and none seem bent,