Fisher Price design

>Fisher Price design
>protruding camera
>moved the objectively best power button / fingerprint reader from its perfect position on the side to a separate reader on the centre back where it's awkward as fuck
>a mere 280mah battery capacity increase, which isn't even justified by the disgusting bulging back and big, bulky design
>NO
>FUCKING
>HEADPHONE JACK

Holy shit, Sony, what the fuck are you smoking? Because I'm gonna need a lot of that if you want me to ditch my XZ for this abomination.

How the fuck do you even make something so awful and demand $799 for it?

i can deal with everything but the loss of the hp jack. bluetooth is too laggy for in car music playing.

Just wait one more year and you'll have the only acceptable phone that fucks botnet straight in the butthole

Why doesn't any OEM put 2 usb-c ports in their phone to compensate for no headphone jack? I can live without a headphone jack but I refuse to lose the ability to charge + play music.

Also Qualcom's 845 is fucking garbage compared to the chip the iPhone is using. How the fuck did this company get a monopoly in the android space and why can't they make a chip that's not complete ass.

>Also Qualcom's 845 is fucking garbage compared to the chip the iPhone is using
According to artificial benchmarks. On top of that it's largely meaningless since nothing a phone does for an average consumer is compute intensive. You're making a non-issue into a big problem where there is none.

They spoiled the C's design, it's physically larger in every axis, weighs more, and gains nothing but a new chipset while losing everything that made the Compact line decent. None of those compromises are remotely acceptable. And what's worse is the faggots that were constantly complaining about bezels, colors, and "obsolete" design that have now been catered to won't buy the XZ2 anyways. They're too busy circlejerking about the S9 and X.

Hopefully Sony will come to their senses sometime after 5G hits or there won't be a decent phone on the market, guaranteed. Especially not a compact phone.

Two USB-C ports = having to spend $0.1 more on parts and can't sell as many USB dongles.

Don't assume Doctoru Shekelstienu haven't already considered this.

The XZ2 Compact is even more retarded.
>needlessly tall display when width is more useful
>plastic
>rounded back

Enjoy your no updates. It'll be $799 plus tip

Nigger do you even know what you're talking about?

I agree on the headphone jack but Bluetooth audio is fine for a car system (i use it several days a week for 1 hour + journeys

>Side mounted fp reader
>Good
senpai, are you serious? Side mounted is trash. Ive daily'd a 5x, g6, iphone 8 and the new xperia premium. Iphone thumb reader is trash, followed closely by the side mount on the premium.
Center back is the most natural position hands down and you can immediately put your thumb into position.

Center-bottom-front is great, side is great, rear middle is retard tier. You literally have to pick it up every time you want to use the FP. It's also obstructed when you use a mount in most cases. Both of the former don't have that issue.

>64895417
You need to have baby hands to hit a side mount without picking it up (i guess if you're left handed it works?). Front Center is good for on the table recognition, but wtf do you do with your phone where it needs to be unlocked but not in your hand? I had maybe a dozen times where it was a nice location, and thousands where it was a clumsy step in using the phone.

Using a car mount is the exception, but side mount is usually obstructed in that case too (side clamps). I'm not giving up the most fluid fp recognition system for the 2 times a week i need to unlock my phone while driving. One style is unlocked and in use position before it's out of your pocket, the others need edge case events to be useful.

every bluetooth car audio system ive dealt with has unacceptable lag between changing a song, and then having it play.

which is weird cause its near seamless when i use my wireless headphones.

>his thumb isn't on the power button when he hits the power button

What's that ?

This is what happens when people have been pushing and lapping up the Sony diarrhea for the last couple garbage iterations, they still haven't fixed the overheating issue when trying to film 4K or if you're playing a AR game like fucking pokemon.

just get the xz1c, its based

>he isn't using double tap to wake

You forgot

>Snapdragon 845, now with Meltdown

Skipping this generation phones anyway.

I usually use a three or so second crossfade to lessen this.

I wasn't in the market for a new one, but with 5G dropping I'm kinda concerned that this is really the new Sony modality. It's impressive in one hand that they managed to respond to the market so quickly after the "sour" reception the press and social media had, but they took it in the wrong direction. If this is their new design language I don't know that I'll be buying a 5G phone until manufacturers stop producing 5.5"+ phones loaded with every piece of worthless software they and the vendor could load in and throwing a worthless curved screen on top of a camera that applies an over-saturation filter to every fucking photo.

I am in about 3weeks with my bonus. Hopefully a price drop occurs by then. Upgrading from a z2. Should be nice.

The fingerprint scanner was probably because the old design was under a patent dispute, I hate it too but I can get it. The headphone jack was pure retardation though. Shit looks just like every other Android phone now.

>Also Qualcom's 845 is fucking garbage compared to the chip the iPhone is using.
You mean in the synthetic benchmarks before the A11 starts throttling?

IOS blows, if you watch Xperia XZ or the new HTC phone vs iPhone X real performance tests, you'll see that the android phones open and run apps faster than the iPhone.

Not hating on the hardware, but if a benchmark number is more important to you than actual performance than by all means

I bet the XZ 3 will be a lot better, if you look at their history every other phone they make is not very good

The X1 was a good phone, the X2 wasn't worth the upgrade, and then the X3 was a nice upgrade. I don't even remember the X4. But I'll hold onto my XZ until the XZ 3 premium or XZ 5 comes around if it lasts that long

My XZ got android 8.0 before samsung, and got the snapchat update a month before iPhone

Try harder

you forgot
>it's 12mm thick

Qi charging exists.

what the hell are they doing? the new XA phones look better than these