Does anyone else running openbsd on a Thinkpad have really fucked up scroll wheel emulation?

Does anyone else running openbsd on a Thinkpad have really fucked up scroll wheel emulation?

The trackpoint works fine until i try using the scroll functionality when it becomes shit. Theres a few dead forum posts from circa 2010 on this issue and I’m wondering if everyone else just puts up with it or its a hardware issue and I should get a new keyboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.fsfe.org/h2/2016/01/15/openbsd-on-the-thinkpad-x250/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's probably less than 10 people in the world with your setup, and they probably don't like communicating much

this board constantly shills thinkpads, and after the recent freebsd CoC debacle, openbsd as well. I was hoping some of them actually run it irl.

bumping in case theo frequents this board

Install FreeBSD and see if the issue persists. If it does go to their move lively community forums and make a new thread about it, linking the old thread, and ensuring that you used the search functionality. The FreeBSD community is usually quite helpful, and may assist you with your problem. If that's not the case, try an OpenBSD mailing list, forum, or IRC channel.

Install LibertyBSD

>works as a desktop OS
citation needed.

I've been using it on my laptops for the past five years

Install windows xp

ur mom

>their move lively community forums
just make sure they don't take offense to you using a clit mouse, otherwise they might harass and ban you for being a sexist shitlord

What driver are you using in X? You can just use moused -VH and it will just work.

>installed openbsd from snapshot yesterday
>last snapshot is 6 days old but packages are newer
>nearly every package relies on libs from base with newer versions than what's shipped on spanshot
>can't install anything
feels bad man

never mind, new snapshot ~40 min ago

for the love of
how do I get UTF-8 working on openbsd?
I exported the locale in the shell startup config and it shows up, but no program can display those common foreign characters, not even the shell itself

I set ctype and lang to en_US.UTF-8

Have you tried a different font?

works out of box for me
manpage recommends export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 for some software (e.g. tmux)
maybe you lack fonts, try noto-cjk

BSD on a desktop. I thought about it, but in the end, why?

fml
thanks, that was it
I was going crazy here

Well it's still not a DESKTOP os then is it? :^)

Shit tier b8.

I used to run FreeBSD on the X200 perfectly, I'm about to switch to OpenBSD next week so I'll let you know how I go.

And yes I'm switching because of the new CoC.

Why would you ever install a snapshot and not the release?

Can confirm
scroll up doesn't work

Why would I ever install -release unless on server?

YES! FUCKING THIS! I was gonna try OpenBSD for reals but I couldn't find a way to enable scroll emulation, at least without disabling input device hotplug.

Probably something to do with x.org config, it would be productive to start there. Man synaptics.

>install testing software
>whine about it on Sup Forums when it has issues instead of reporting bugs or contributing

I can enable it easily with xinput, the problem is it doesn't work well. i.e not scrolling if too much pressure is applied, scrolling in the wrong direction etc. Its either a driver issue or a hardware issue, which is what I'm trying to determine.

blogs.fsfe.org/h2/2016/01/15/openbsd-on-the-thinkpad-x250/

Use same xinput options as the above, he talks about issues, which were fixed by buying a new keyboard, but seeing as scrolling works fine on linux for me I'm not convinced.

Because you want a usable desktop OS.

its unironically easier than linux if you stick as close as you can to the base install, which takes 10 minutes to do