WTF Sup Forums you lied to me

WTF Sup Forums you lied to me
telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/02/23/standing-desks-increase-pain-slow-mental-ability-new-study/

>study on 20 people
ISHYGDDT

how the fuck does standing slow "mental ability". if that's true, why the fuck aren't apes smarter than man?

probably because just standing around sucks. all the energy you put into standing is energy that could have gone into your work.

At least we know no real work gets done here, just like VU and Google

>ISHYGDDT
It's a preliminary study. What's more concerning is there is no link to the study itself.

It's probably related to discomfort. This hilariously incomplete article mentions a 2 hour time period. You're not supposed to stand for 2 hours at a time. After standing in one place for two hours I'm in a little pain. After walking for 2 hours I'm ready to sit down but in much less pain. The same goes for sitting though. If you sit for long periods of time you're going to hurt as well. I like to work for a couple hours then go walk around for 15 minutes. Work for another 2 hours and then recline for lunch break. You have to alternate which parts of your body are under stress.

Is that Gabe Newell's son?

Everyone I see with a standing desk ends up leaning on them and shifting their body weight to one side

there will always be these fucking people that have to be "different" (retarded)

imagine the retard that agrees to hire a person or company with this retarded "standing desk" mentality. imagine how that retard is getting swindled out of their money for no real work being actually done

sitting on a floor for 10 hours > walking for 10 hours > sitting in a chair for 10 hours > standing for 10 hours

The point is to alternate, fuck me. Standing all day is just as bad as for you as sitting for 8 hours. It's best to alternate between the two states.

Tried one for like 6 months.

I had some lumbar pain before I started and it was fully gone in like a week. You fell a lot more energetic standing up, which initially I thought it was a bonus.

You can't really stand up for 12 hours a day however, so you end up sitting back down almost as often, which honestly is pretty good: I don't think our bodies were build to do a thing nonstop for 10+ hours

The thing is, every time I really needed a think I immediately and instinctively sat down. There was no way around it at all: Focus on your problem and autopilot sits you back down instantly. Trying to type while sitting down in your chair usually leads you into these weird mermaid/snake positions too at which point you just ask wtf you are even doing

Back to sitting for me. Fell for the meme again

His name is on the placard on the desk. I actually went to High School with him and I wouldn't doubt he's the OP.

Our ancestors walked 12 miles a day you fucking limp dick pussy.

I dunno, but whenever I hit a programming wall I find taking a shit brings out the answer.
And you don't shit standing up.

>After standing in one place for two hours I'm in a little pain

Holy shit stop being such a limp wristed faggot.

How is wrist strength related to standing? Do you make handstand every time you use your computer?

Walking =/= Standing. If you stand for 2 hours and don't have an hour break of sitting down, your feet and ankles will swell up. It does however fix your gut, since being the typical Sup Forums user makes you unable to poo in the loo unless your sphincter is homosexual tiers of loose.

t. did manual labour for 6 years which involved 8 hours of standing per day with only 10 minute breaks every 2 hours.

If I leave my washing up too long then I can end up washing plates and cutlery for 30 minutes. This gives me serious lower back pain. We are not meant to stand with our arms extended forward for continuous periods. We stand to walk, with our arms swinging by our sides. Only raising them to do short tasks. We sit to eat and do handwork.

What about gut stuff now?

I’m in a shit situation where I’ve gotten used to laying down too often I think. Since my work desk is in my bedroom. I think slowly this has made my cardio status worse. Need to start walking. I’m of the mind cardio is generally shit, but I shouldnt be out of breath if I’m walking and talking on the phone. Fuck.

The winter generally makes me not want to go out and get some cardio. Indoors you don't feel like doing shit if you are a shut in weeb.

I might start walking the neighborhood since its warming up. Feels odd to though since I’m not athletic looking whatsoever. Feel like I’m out of place walking around. Usually its young women, old people, or very fit guys. Not pudgy young/middleage men.

Well doing the exercise is how you become non-pudgy obviously.

i think this is less about humans not being designed for this particular workload and more about you being a pathetic limpwristed faggot in a piss-poor physical shape

Yeah I’m just going to have to get over it.

That too. Quite true too.

>standing desks become a fad
>google removes the view image button
makes you think

>wageslaves now forced to stand like drones
it's getting more pathetic by the day
>inb4 "you are delusional, you should love pain and suffering"
brainwashed zombies.

Enjoy your varicose veins

not just stand, literally run in a wheel like a hamster. it's like the concept of dignity is entirely forgotten now.

squatting >>> *