MUSIC MOVIE GENERAL

As far as music movies go, ive always loved pic related. Some might think its to sappy, or (inb4 dadrock) but i love this films geniune and authetic potrayal of the love of music. Also its super comfy and overall well done.

What are your favorite music movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPOr4DUaw
youtube.com/watch?v=Yxq40ZYIibw
youtu.be/UYFTbzREY7M
youtube.com/watch?v=JMqKOt7R_K8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlmyz5dktmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The pianist

mark kozelek is in this, and its awesome

Green Room.
Good movie although I don't recommend it that highly but nice metal/punk music throughout.
Also Frank but just that one eclectic song they made when they were practicing in the cabin and the final song "figgity digits"

One of my favorites. Perfect for all the wrong and right reasons.

Sing Street from this year great film

here's a criminally under appreciated Sup Forumsvie

perfectly parodies the comic book evilness of the music industry, while still managing to be unique and suspenseful in a way that no other movie really is

the ultimate Sup Forums-Sup Forums cross poster movie

>inb4 thread deleted

Still the best

This is literally Sup Forums:the movie before Sup Forums even existed.

I think This is Spinal Tap is one of the films that has made me laugh the most so probably that

one of my favorites, no reasons needed.

you beat me to it!

Frank was pretty good. I like how psychotic and unpredictable all the characters that aren't Frank turned out to be. Plus, whatever album Frank made would undoubtedly earn a spot within Sup Forumscore.

if only it had more record store banter and less of Cusack's moping

The banter is like lurking Sup Forums, the moping is what the mass majority of Sup Forumstants experience personally.

I agree though, it needed more of that. The ending is a bit cheesy too.

this movie is so overrated

>le being abused makes you more determined!! (not true)
>le some of the greats went through the same thing as these characters!! (not true, for the most part)

What do these claims have to do with the general quality of the film?

it's a bro sports film dressed up as a music film and it's insulting to actual jazz players/enthusiasts and doesn't deserve a fraction of the praise it gets.

Frank was a much better music movie.

This movie got the shaft big time. It's up there with the best Coen films and nobody seemed to give a shit.

I feel the same about A Serious Man

More /lgbt/ than Sup Forums, but we're all faggots here so I guess it's close enough

The whole soundtrack is great

Walk Hard
Hard
Haaaaaaard
Down Life's
Rocky road

I don't dislike this movie, I'll watch it when it comes on cable sometimes, but it just seems like such a nostalgia circlejerk.

Penny Lane was a huge crush of mine in middle school though, her and Keri Russell are why I'm a sucker for girls with really curly hair.

or pirate radio, whatever it's called

You're still not critiquing the actual film. What did you think about the cinematography, the storytelling?

Wait, what? That wasn't the message at all. You understand that JK Simmons was the bad guy right?

My friends hated Frank and I can't imagine why
Nice

utterly disappointed

By what? The quality of the film? The fact that it wasn't much about music? The ending?

that blonde chick almost single-handedly ruined this movie. There wasn't an actual antagonist or conflict so she had to be interjected in there to suck up the attention and be a smug cunt. Other than that though it was pretty good

by having the best soundtrack and being a really good musical.

Um, no.

goes without saying

youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPOr4DUaw
Weird movie but there is something I like about it

you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

Um, yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yxq40ZYIibw

Help is more fun I think

The whole film is The Beatles running around being silly. I understand it was ground breaking, but it hasn't aged well.

easily best music movie i've seen

>MONGOLOID HE WAS A MONGOLOID

Wait really?

were none of you fags ever kids growing up?

Yeah he plays one of the band members. Not relevant to Sup Forums but Marc Maron is in it too.

yeah he plays the bassist
>can't we just go get a cheeseburger or somethin

Relevant
>In '99, I was on tour in Sweden when I called home, To tell my mom that I got a part in a movie When she said "Mark, there's something that you need to know..."

holy fucking shit, marc maron was the gate dude?

whoa. that doesn't even look like him.

this movie wasso fucking awful.

I enjoyed the abuse and he was obviously a pussy and clrearly deserved it, fell into JK Simmons game every time

The end scene made me laugh cause you could feel that the writer of this movie failed as a musician and this was his revenge, he dreamed so bad about this that he had to make a movie about it.

I'll say it again : probably the best abuse of a sissy in a movie ever, JK SImmons is a god for his acting in this movie.

Yeah, the beginning of WTF episodes where it goes "LOCK THE GATES," that's him in the movie

No I love that too

Help! is the film where The Beatles are running around being silly. That movie is too silly and too overstuffed, and has aged even worse than AHDN, but so many people think it's better. AHDN, on the other hand, has great writing, expert comic direction, more natural performances from the Beatles, an uncontrived plot, and a greater sense of realism that doesn't reference and borrow so heavily from contemporary pop culture that it seems more documentarian than dated. Help was the Beatles and Richard Lester getting high in a backroom throwing around places and situations they'd like to tackle, with a third-rate spy adventure put in to get them fro a to b.

Sounds like you enjoyed the movie

>no conflict
wut

School of Rock?

as far as I know, PJ Soles only other film was as Bill Murray's army girlfriend in Stripes.

X is so awesome in this.

Daft Punk's Electroma was pretty cool. Haven't seen Interstella 5555 or whatever it's called.

Also, Empire Records > High Fidelity

He just told you about the storytelling when he told you it was a yet another sports movie but with music instead sports. Also asking about the cinematography just means you're grasping at straws at this point.

Sup Forums thinks they're Cusack's or that bald guy's character but they're really Jack Black shitposters.

this

Irish guy here. Went to see this with my dad and we were both surprised, probably the best Irish film to date. It might qualify as a musical, idk, but it's definitely a music movie with original songs.

i came here to poast this

youtu.be/UYFTbzREY7M

Patrician here. I'll be providing a quick analysis of the taste and intelligence of your choices.

Trash
Acceptable
Trash
Mediocre
Trash
Trash
Excellent
Mediocre
Acceptable
Acceptable
Trash
Acceptable
Trash
Trash
Excellent
Haven't seen
Acceptable
Trash
Haven't seen
Trash
Trash

I'm the guy who posted Sing Street. Have you seen the film? Really left me in a great mood for a few days after seeing it. Honestly hink it's better than anything Ireland's produced in the past 50 years, better than Michael Collins (Liam Neeson film) or the mediocre film Brooklyn.

>patrician here

How has no one posted this yet?

Where can I watch Breadcrumb Trail?

Ok someone DID post it but no pic

(You)

Pink Floyd The Wall is a great film.

for that matter, the documentaries about wesley willis and wild man fischer are great too

This fucking movie man...

youtube.com/watch?v=JMqKOt7R_K8

It was really great. Now I wanna start a band

>>gif

obligatory scaruffi

that movie is fucking garbage. The entire movie looks this shit. It's 'indie' bullshit and if you like this and you're actually Irish you'll get called a fucking retard irl. If you want to watch a good Irish film watch Sing Street as I've already said. This is hipster trash.

Those are some hot opinions you got there.

Funniest Sup Forums movie ever and terribly overlooked

>LVT
>excellent
Top pleb confirmed.

Easily the worst music related film I've seen, probably one of the worst ever made.

Just judging by the photo and the title, this looks fucking incredible. I have to watch it now.

goat

oh fuck i didnt really read OP LUL my bad

How has nobody on this board seen this yet?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlmyz5dktmE

Oddly enough, That Thing You Do! It's one of my favorite movies. It's fun and enjoyable to watch and the songs are catchy. It's cheesy, but I will always love it.

I love these too.

Can't believe this hasn't been posted

Anybody notice when Davis is driving down with Goodman that the cars going past sound like the door opening noise I'm Barton Fink?

Guess this is as good a place as any to ask -
Are those Romantic Warriors films any good? The documentaries centering around different pockets of the progressive rock sound.

I tried to find a link to the first one but had no success.

Just read Lester Bangs' actual works.

Is that a film about the techno band LFO ? How have I never heard of this ?

Anyone watch Fish Story? Was just reminded of it recently. It's about a Japanese punk band predating the Sex Pistols whose only single ends up influencing the lives of various groups of people between its release and when a comet is about to hit Earth.

Little Shop of Horrors.

Richard O'Brien's stuff has some rocking tunes too.

Jesus Christ Superstar is underrated.

nah it's about this synth enthusiast who discovers a frequency for mind control and starts fucking with his neighbors.

Never heard of it. Looks pretty cool though, thanks.

WHERE TF IS SCHOOL OF ROCK??