How to hack your cable modem

Items: Motorola SB6120, USBJTAG NT, USB cable, soldering iron, solder, flux, T10 screwdriver
Jtag: www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=9
How to solder: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkkfK937mU
How to solder jtag on modem: www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/sb6120.php
Download: USB JTAG NT setup, CyUSB Driver, WinUSB 64bit Driver, Putty
Files: www.usbjtag.com/filedownload/index.php
Firmware: mega.nz/#!HkRlmKzT!DzZRQPKT9oV1St4jL-Isl9BEzy6nEjzATD8k2-LOIcQ
How to program firmware:
1. run USB JTAG NT with modem connected and drivers already installed
2. click Read From Chip button and wait for it to read
3. click the Save button and save your stock firmware
4. click Open button and select the firmware you downloaded from mega
5. click Write Chip and wait for it to write, then reboot modem, make sure flash was ok
6. find a legit MAC address on craigslist or ebay, pick a city far far away from you
7. Power off/on modem with coax cable unplugged, Putty 192.168.100.1, port 22, user/pass is admin
8. type: stop
9. type: mac A3FFC364CHAN (type in new MAC address in that exact format, dont use colons)
10.Reboot the modem, plug coax back in, you will be on the comcast network with your new MAC address
If you get the comcast xfinity activation page then the mac address is not active yet or try another mac
I suggest change dns to opendns, use VPN, Tails or live linux and Tor
If you are lazy and want to just buy a premade modem message me
PGP: pastebin.com/EYTkirnt
Email: [email protected]

wat dis achieve

100% anonymous and free internet

What 3rd world shithole do you live in that you have a coaxial connection and a modem in 2018?
Let me guess, US?

of course, comcast, i would do anything for fiber

How are you anonymous?

the MAC address is registered to a active comcast account, so you can get online, as long as you are in a far far city away from the original MAC then the CMT will allow you on the network to the internet, no way tacking it back to you

im good thanks

whats wrong with coax

Nothing's wrong with coaxial cable, but it's not for internet. Fiber is.

some places have google fiber in US but nothing else like that is available in the US

my 200/10 over coax is pretty good though

Whole thing fake and gay... Guy is literally just pitching selling you a modem he probably broke trying to "hack".

MAC addresses are tied to devices, not locations, so "buying a MAC from a city far away" doesn't hide that you are plugging it in at your residence.

Also, MACs are tied to accounts at ISP to pull config, and are whitelisted for the circuit you are on. You couldn't take a modem from one location, go to another city with Comcast, and expect it to work there if you plugged it in.

Whole story reeks of autism

google fiber is gigabit connection for $70 a month

yeah but google fiber isnt available at my location

i gave you full instructions on making your own, no need to buy, you cant have 2 MAC address plugged into the same CMT so you need one far away from you, yes, MACs are tied to accounts and this is a cloned MAC, you can move your modem when you move, lol, go ahead and try it, take your modem to a friends house and see if it works, you literally have no idea what you are talking about

How many people from your Muslim-infested homeland have walked on the moon, fuckstick?

As a person who has moved with their cable modem, an activation page still appears and says I need to re-register because "it appears you have moved".

I work in managed IT services for many businesses that always try this exact same shit when they try moving buildings. Then we have to call their ISP and work through a service order to get the circuit lit up for the new location. Your dumbass instructions are vague to get people who don't know any better lost or break their modem, and then you pitch to sell a modem.

>using rosin core flux on electronics
>not using water soluble flux
wanna know how I know you're full of shit?

thats because you moved to a different CMT and it doesnt have your config file, my custom firmware does not need your file, its already provisioned, sets the default config file, then comcast validates the MAC to get online

when moving you need a active comcast line, basically a line tapped into the cable area system, if you line has a filter or something then it wont work, if you have regular comcast paid internet then the modem will work for sure

Provisioning is set on boot and config overwritten at every boot...

thats what is supposed to do with normal firmware, i got custom firmware that someone else made where you can change the file, i believe it detects the server sending the config file via TFTP and blocks it then write its own file

Except I've had customers move into already lit up shared buildings and plugged into spliced circuits. Same story, it just doesn't work that way. Always need to call to get shit activated on new circuit.

again you are using a regular modem with regular firmware, I have moved my modem and it works in new location, it all depends how its setup at your new place, some are hot and ready to go and some required a call to get going

You're comparing business equipment to consumer gear. My mother used to work at a telecom programming and activating business lines and I can tell you that it's not the same as consumer stuff. I'm not saying that other anons method would work, just that what you're saying doesn't really rule it out. I remember hearing something about people selling their activated digital cable boxes and that you could use them anywhere that had access to the cable network, and that definitely sounds similar to what this user is saying. Granted, this was in Canada on a cable provider and that has nothing to do with Comcast.

And I'm sure YOUR hacked modem and hacked firmware are ready to go. Do you take money order? Or just bitcoin?

im online right now with it, took a month but i finally figured it out, btc of course

>europe is one country
US education everyone.

I'm calling Comcast get beaned op

catch me if you can!

The only way this could POSSIBLY work nowadays is if you are on a hokey-ass tiny local ISP that allows all MACs anywhere on their network. And in which case, you would need to be very specific as to which MAC you "find on ebay/Craigslist" as you still need one with an account with that ISP. Aka, don't send this guy any money, as he is barely knows what he is doing and will either give you a broken ass modem, or more likely, just take the money and run.

I can confirm that OP is stating factually accurate stuff so far, I used to clone cable modems and pick cablemodem configs with higher bandwidth in order to uncap it. This happened in the early 2000s

What firmware is in the mega link? Something custom or the standard modded firmwares that are popular in the uncapping scene?

Also can you show us some screenshots of the firmware, OP?

im telling you what i did and giving you instructions on what i did yet you thinks im trying to take money and run? i used to sell hacked modems way way back in the day, if you dont want to buy it then just make it yourself

samefag

yup, that was the shit, then when docsis 3.0 came i fell off the scene until i found my modem, plugged it in, fucked with it for a month and got it working again, the firmware is my modems firmware, i did too much configuring to write down everything down so i am just giving everyone the firmware

Dunno if newer revisions of DOCSIS allow this, but it was possible for me to clone another modem and get internet access even if the modem I was cloning was in the same city, I fired up an utility that sniffed TFTP requests and got a list of modems that were booting up, the encrypted DOCSIS config file, and their mac address.

Not a samefag, modem uncapping isn't some sort of deepweb myth you gigantic faggot

someone told me as long as the modems are on 2 different CMTs then it will work, if you have 2 of the same MAC addresses on the same CMT you are obviously going to have problems with packets

Asks for screenshots of firmware, returns with screenshots of firmware time stamped before question is asked.

samefag gonna samefag

it shows size of firmware and date and time created fag, you have no idea what your talking about

Faggot

Cool. Back in the day most firmwares had a custom interface running in a webserver, but I guess it wasn't really needed and could raise red flags.

Can the admins in the NOC access ssh on this interface? That could be a problem if you leave insecure credentials

My memory is murky after so many years, but yeah, I recall that's how it worked. Some mac addresses wouldn't allow the modem to fully initialize so I had to sniff for more Macs with decent internet speed until one allowed the modem to link with the isp.

i think you are thinking of haxorware firmware, yea web clean interface, this firmware doesnt have that, all commands, you can always change the password

So if some website logs my ip they can't trace it back to me?

yes but if you are just trying to hide your ip then you should just get a VPN

Can the modem be used with a dd-wrt router?

yea, i also use a dd-wrt router, and if you can afford it get a real firewall appliance

Nobody has walked on the moon, retard.

>believing in moon-walking hoax created by your government
yup, definitely american

What's the diff between the SB6120/6121? versions?
Will it work on the 6121?

What happens when the ISP pushes a update for your model of modem linked to the MAC?
BRICKED

>my custom firmware
>i got custom firmware that someone else made

OYYYYY

>water soluble flux
That's the worst kind.

This is for... what?

how can more than 1 device with the same MAC be allowed on the network though? that's kinda the whole point of a MAC address...

literally this. nasa even admitted they filmed all the stuff shown on tv in the 60s in a studio in burbank CA. Their reason was because "the orginal footage looked too dark" lol

well this must be known information then, any source for this?

I have exactly the same soldering station, pretty good for 20€.

i hacked my moto surfboard cable modem years ago and it didn't do shit. i think speed is set on the isp end most of the time

yes you can use sb6121 but you have to configure the firmware for that model, i am not sure how to do that model, my firmware is for 6120

comcast has never bricked a modem

i tooks someone firmware, its didnt work, so i kept changing settings until it worked, thats the firmware i uploaded for everyone to use

yes, thats why you need a mac address from far away, not every modem connects to the same CMT, it depends where you live

>changes mac address
>still physically connected
Anonymity brought to you by Sup Forums's greatest and brightest.

nice

comcast sends you a config file with TFTP and you can change that config file for business speeds which is faster speeds

lel

when a packet gets sent through the network it gets routed to the CMT, there is not 1 CMT for all of america, each area/city has their own CMT

>coax modem
>2018

i have no idea what goes on comcast side and this guy messaged me and told me this pastebin.com/msQFp30b

ITT: Faggots infect themselves with a rootkit

stop insulting Israel's bitch

I don't know either, but don't think you're completely anonymous. You can escape the commericial botnets. However, any federal agency can catch you if they want.

catch me if you can!

This isn't possible with xDSL, right? If I'm not wrong the speed is set from the BRAS, which you can't access (unless you somehow hack into your ISP servers)

If anyone does this you re up shit creek. Comcast internet is address and account based. If there's no service running to the address, nothing you do other than ordering service will be worth a shit. Also, Comcast network is fiber and coax. It's a hybrid.. You can get fiber speeds with docsis 3.1 modems. Comcast offers gigabit + speeds in many areas. Don't break your modem, but from this guy, or believe anything he says.

Plus, as far as your Mac address goes, it does not accept multiples of the same. Even though it is a did cmt, if the same mac is in the dbase it won't work. Than guess what? A call is in your future.

thread dead as op's hope of getting any money

cancer post, "get fiber with cable modem"

how the fuck they know my phone number to call me, these posts are so fucking retarded
pastebin.com/msQFp30b

how would i get money if you do everything yourself with the instructions?

>>proprio
You're a fucking greenhorn faggot. Fiber to coax dip shit. Fuck, even docsis 3.0 can get fiber speeds. Are you new? Wait, just be. You type like your balls are still ascended.

You have to make the call because your internet won't work dumb fuck.

explain how i am online right now with a cloned mac faggot

It's associated with your address now dummy. Physically. Idiot.

so THIS is why Sup Forums has rangebanned comcast

Sup Forums BTFO

Why would I do this?

you win the cancer award, congrats

Well considering I worked for ecorp for years I may have cancer. But you can live in your fictitious land of "anonymity" when little do you know a 3rd party vendor from fucking Mexico knows exactly where you type your shit posts from. Get out of the basement.

if dump lolicon doujin on Sup Forums will you DIE?

What device do you have connected behind the modem, someone could get your ip and attack whatever device you have to get into your network

i have a sonicwall, i suggest getting a real firewall appliance, if you cant afford it just get a router that supports dd-wrt

didnt they make these impossible with docsis 3?

they cracked down when docsis 3 came out, honestly i think they were looking at the sbhacker forums on what people were doing for a work arounds, BPI was the key, there was different config for each city, i got it working with help from irc chats

>he thinks whole europe is actually muslim infested
>while he lives in a country full of chinks, niggers, muslims, jews and crossbreeds

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

but does it work with eurodocsis 3.1 too?

i dont think so, only works on usa comcast

Oh, seems the 3rd world detector worked.