This is a thread for countries with Disney princesses, I guess

This is a thread for countries with Disney princesses, I guess.
>Invited: France, Germany, America, China, Arabia, Norway, England and Scotland but not Wales, Denmark

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid
youtube.com/watch?v=o_SX-FiXbKs
telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/11/disneys-first-latina-princess-elena-of-avalor-premiere-date-anno/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Thousand_and_One_Nights
youtube.com/watch?v=q9uVjmwCFv4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin
youtu.be/FfdSDedM2Ks?t=29s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Our "princesses" are a injun and darker

JUST

Who the fuck is the Denmark princess?

Ariel you dip

Redhead

Ariel was Denmark? Well shit. I didn't know.
She's objectively the best one, too.

The best Disney princess is Mulan. Mulan is also one of, if not, the best Disney animated film.

its based off Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen and there is statue in Copenhagen

Belle best girl

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid
The Disney adaptation isn't necessarily Danish but the actual fairytale is, so ja

I'll grant that Tiana (the brown sugar princess) is American, but Pocahontas really isn't,

Best girl in the princess world is not even a princess

Elsa a best.

step aside for the best princess

It's between her and the redhead.

why does she look weebified

Jasmin is a Muslim.

What the fuck is that thing on the far right?

Pretty sure she was Powhatan, not Iriquois m80

because we are in a Taiwanese noodle stock exchange forum habebi

Pocahontas wasn't an iroquois, winland.

If anything, she's the most american one there.

I'm thinking more that she's a pagan.

so? she comes from Abbasids era at the Islamic golden age

youtube.com/watch?v=o_SX-FiXbKs

>Tfw no Aussie princess

She's the latest tumblr edition

oh, right you are.
Too bad the Powhatan flag looks like shit.

best disney princess isn't even a disney princess

LITERALLY JUST A NIGGER WE WUZ VERSION OF CINDERELLA
CAN NOT FABRICATE

>anastasia

MY DUCK

Not Disney doe.

Btw, PIL's have almost as much claim to Jasmine as Arabs, as the place was Mughal empire inspired (taj mahal, monkeys, parrots and tigers). However, the narrator did say Agrabah was on the side of the Jordan river.

But we do have a Latina princess specifically meant to represent the whole region so kek

telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/11/disneys-first-latina-princess-elena-of-avalor-premiere-date-anno/

sorry meant to

also yeah you are right but who gives a shit really

I'm posting on behalf of moana who will probably land in NZ in her movie.

Snow white >Pocahontas >Belle > the rest tbqh familodium

Sorry, but I'm native Atlantean.

It's kinda cool.

I don't think they make any reference to Abbasid era. The only two locations hinted towards are India and Palestine in the movie itself. If it had anything to do with the Abbasid they'd have to mention Baghdad instead of the Jordan river.

Yeah I thought Agrabah was supposed to be a fictionalized Jordan

Of course her name wasn't jasmine either, so w/e

Those are part of our European heritage but unrelated to our countries man, read the OP

they just mash these things up budd but it comes from the islamic golden age en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Thousand_and_One_Nights

her international trailer song is pretty nice

youtube.com/watch?v=q9uVjmwCFv4

Alladin isn't part of Alf Layla Wa Layla, though

According to the creators of the film the story happens in a pre-islamic Arabia.

they say allah though.

>Palestine

NOW it makes sense

eh its Disney buddy not a documentary, so dont sweat yourself about it. and it be would be funny tho to see historically accurate princesses

Wasn't talking about my country obvs.

>pre-Islamic Arabia
source? That would be pretty retarded since no one was named Ala-Aldeen before the late Abbasid period.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin

sorry budd it is

This one is in a movie that takes place in what is presumably Mexico, the starring characters are stowaways to Cortés, and in any event whatever fictional place they land in can be presumed to be a part of what would later become New Spain so Mexican.

>though it was actually added to the collection in the 18th century by Frenchman Antoine Galland.

Why do you challenge my autism without reading your own links?

That was probably for PC purposes and avoiding possible muslim chimp out about the movie.

My first cartoon boner.

I meant pic related makes perfect sense if it's set in palestine.

Funny how Jaffar was the only remotely arab-looking dude.

As long as we're expanding countries represented by disney movies, which African country does the lion king cover?

Also PILs have the (animated) jungle book

It featured mount Kilimanjaro, so Tanzania.

The lion king counts as transgender transpecies princess, zhe was raised by a inter-species queer couple.

Who's the Swede to the right of Pocahantas, OP?

They say Allah and have a sultan

Cinderella

That's the other American princess kek

"No Arabic source has been traced for the tale, which was incorporated into the book Les Mille et Une Nuits by its French translator, Antoine Galland, who heard it from a Syrian storyteller from Aleppo. Galland's diary (March 25, 1709) records that he met the Maronite scholar, by name Youhenna Diab ("Hanna"), who had been brought from Aleppo to Paris by Paul Lucas, a celebrated French traveller. Galland's diary also tells that his translation of "Aladdin" was made in the winter of 1709–10. It was included in his volumes ix and x of the Nights, published in 1710."

The opening sentences of the story, in both the Galland and the Burton versions, set it in China and imply, at least, that Aladdin is Chinese.[4] On the other hand, there is practically nothing in the rest of the story that is inconsistent with a Persian or Arabian setting. For instance, the Sultan is referred to as such rather being called the "Emperor", as in some re-tellings, and the people we meet in the story are Muslims: their conversation is larded with devout Muslim platitudes. A Jewish merchant buys Aladdin's wares (and incidentally cheats him), but there is no mention of Buddhists or Confucians (or other distinctively Han Chinese people).

Of course, China's ethnic makeup has long included Muslim groups, including large populations of the Hui people whose origins go back to Silk Road travellers. In addition, large communities of Muslim Chinese have been known since the Tang Dynasty, as well as Jewish communities. Some commentators have even suggested that the story might be set in Turkestan (encompassing Central Asia and the modern Chinese province of Xinjiang).[5]

For all this, speculation about a "real" Chinese setting depends on a knowledge of China that the teller of a folk tale (as opposed to a geographic expert) might well not possess

my chromosomes are more than yours . also i think we might both wrong here

youtu.be/FfdSDedM2Ks?t=29s

>Uganda

This all goes towards proving it was not part of Alf Layla Wa Layla
It being heard in Allepo does not make it part of Alf Layla Wa Layla
I mentioned it wasn't part of it because your point was that it being part Alf Layla Wa Layla hinted towards the era it came from
It being from the 18th century and bundled with the French version of Alf Layla Wa Layla throws your connection out of the window

Sorry but you lose. (:

That's a pretty huge region.

Allah was the name of God way before Islam, it was not a new name, everybody in pre-Islamic Arabia believed in Allah but the diffrence is that they also worshipped idols and that Allah isn't just one
Islam's main message to the pagans of Arabia is that Allah is one, not that Allah exists

The father of Muhammad was named Abdallah retard. Allah is Arabic for the supreme God, not some innovation of that fucking Muhammad.

Merida. Celtic princess

Not even the supreme god, just the article before elah suggests he's one of a kind. Any tribe could name its god allah while recognizing other tribal gods exist within their pagan beliefs.

welp F me. that was sure fun to learn about tho. and its been nice conversation with you buddy

I know, same as Semitic El and the Biblical Hebrew Elohim (which is plural).
I was talking about its practical definition for the Arabs. Allah was the head of all deities and the supreme deity that reigned over Allat Manat and the others ones I forgot.

I had fun too, user. I wish you luck in your future debates on this chinese cartoon forum.

Meh, you could arguably say the same for the brothers Grimm tales which while intended as purely Germanic do also derive from Scandinavian and Slavic folklore. Having said that apparently this is the direction Disney marketing is choosing to pursue for the moment.

That was only according to the dominant faction in Mecca though, which came to power in Muhammad's lifetime. The Arabs had no single supreme deity and every tribe believed its own to be a guardian of sort for their tribe.

It's actually pretty similar to ancient beliefs of the Sumerian city states except with roaming tribes.

Alf layla
Alf layla
Giri chini
Phata thayla
Mari layla

What are you saying?

We used to sing this when we were kids

Giri chini means sugar fell
Phata thayla means bag tore
Mari layla means layla died
Dont know where its from, maybe there was a show with a character named alf layla

>ctrl+f
>no hercules
are you even trying?