Hey Sup Forums (and especially those of you who like music without vocals)...

Hey Sup Forums (and especially those of you who like music without vocals), do you ever get the feeling that one day in the future you'll 'graduate' to classical music and the stuff you're listening to now will sound simplistic and uninteresting (if not downright bad) in comparison?

no

1) i'm already into classical music, I just don't devote much time to it because it's a massive undertaking

2) post rock, ambient etc. may not be as patrician as classical but they evocate completely different feelings/stories/landscapes

No because I listen to both
Just read up on the history find what period styles you enjoy. After you get over the everything is pleb, but classical hump it will only enhance your appreciation of music as a whole.

>he thinks some types of music are better than others

>HE HASN'T ALREADY EVOLVED TO CLASSICAL ONLY

yikes

> you'll 'graduate' to classical music

what a trash way of enjoying art

you can enjoy music without thinking it's high upon highest

I listen to krautrock

I listen to the new Chance album

I also listen to and study all eras of classical

It's not even "enjoying" art. 99% of Sup Forums simply uses music as a social accessory. Why the fuck do you think the entire board is nothing but faggots arguing over what's patrician or not?

This is just /fa/ with music instead of clothes.

this

entirely true
anons asking if an album is 'patrician' because they want to feel like they belong to a clique of higher-minded people is really cringey and sad

One god among us

That happened to me but with prog.

Not necessarily 'better,' but more complex, requiring more skill to create and perform, and potentially requiring more understanding from the listener.

Personally I can't into music at all, but it's interesting that Sup Forums spends all its
time talking about plebs and patricians yet barely even discusses the type of music that seems most obviously patrician, and in comparison to which everything Sup Forums talks about might seem pleb.

if you take a little dive into classical music right now and you cant find anything you like enough that you want to hear it regularly, then I dont see why you would suddenly "graduate" at a later time.

Besides, your question presumes that classical music is hard to listen to. The vast majority of the classical music you are able to find easily will not be tough listens at all.

I was an exclusive classical music listener up until a year ago and then I "downgraded" (i.e. broadened my tastes) to rock music. Both are very enjoyable for different reasons.

>Besides, your question presumes that classical music is hard to listen to.
This
I mean for fuck sakes they use Brahm's Hungarian Dances for toilet hygiene product commercials. It isn't exactly some extreme experimental underground stuff. Goddamn Aphex Twin is less accessible than most highly acclaimed classical music.

I was going to write
>remember when last.fm was a thing?
then I did a catalogue check just in case and.. I guess I applied some sort of mental filter because I havent noticed those threads in years.

I still have it and I don't know why I even use it ever since they completely fucked the events and recommendation functions. I mean I guess a part of me still expects the thing to come out of beta and not be shit.

Fuck me too

God help you

Are you retarded? Classical music is, for the most part, every bit as simplistic as modern pop music for christ sake. Tired of Verse-chorus song structure? for the love of god don't listen to classical because most of it is Binary and Ternary.