Redpill me about that

China has opened the first stretch of solar road, it is 1 km long and produces 800kw, it is re-covered with transparent cement

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkeu07U3060
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=dkeu07U3060

>Transparent cement
What?

Why is she posing like that?

I'd solar her roadway

I thought solar roads were already outed as snake oil.

That's a solar footpath/sidewalk/pavement/term for pedestrian surface.

they were

everyone surrounding solar roads is legally retarded there is not such thing as clear cement; cement is calcined lime and clay

That's one wide road

lmao china is so dumb for doing this....
The private sector in the west figured out long ago this solar road was bullshit.
Who gave this the OK?

Oh wait I forgot china is corrupt as fuck and it's probably some family shit
How can anyone be proud of a country that runs like that?

And they closed it after 5 days because of how much damage it suffered.

We know.

EEVBlog ran through the maths several times and proved that it's a terrible idea

What is the point of making a solar road, instead of just solar panels placed somewhere where they are not driven over/covered with cars most of the time?

I think the idea is that generally you need to own/buy land to put solar panels on it.
Roads are already owned by someone, the state or government.
They also sell it on being "quick" to install and "durable" so that you won't have to replace it for 20 years! As if it's going to be more durable than our current sealed roads which are usually resealed every few years.

Solar freaking roadways is a stupid meme idea that no one is quite willing to let die, despite all the negative results in attempting to implement it.

it really does sound very retarded
if it were a very low traffic road in a sunny and sparsely populated area, like nevada or new mexico i guess, you could kill 2 birds with one stone but then again a solar panel road is probably very expensive and high maintenance so actually it's really far fetched

this is the proper solution

geo>hydro>wind>solar

No regulations, inexpensive materials from directly down the street.

It cost 1/100th of what it would cost in the United States. There's no reason NOT to explore your options and experiment with new technology.

Why explore something that is so dumb everyone with a calculator will know it fails and doesn't make sense?