Average Smartphone Price 2013-2017

Can any burgers explain why smartphones are so expensive there? Are you all really just obsessed with flagships?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SbyHukbBZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keeping up with the Joneses

if you live in the US and don't have an iPhone, you're completely shunned from society and encouraged to kys

>USA USA USA
literally LOL

>Are you all really just obsessed with flagships?
Pretty much, yes.

Because all you Amerilards can't stop buying iPhones.
Doesn't help you use a bunch of fucked up meme bands for your cellular networks..

lel

USA buys Iphone
Rest of the world buys chinkphones and low end Samsung

Ah that actually makes sense, the memes about everyone having iphones didn't sit right with me. In Australia the occasional middle class person has one, and lots of povo teens have them, but there is little correlation to class or sophistication. Case in point, all the tacky iphone accessories marketed to poor teen girls. Far more samsung/sony flagships phones around.

It doesn't feel like smart phones have become that cheaper in Europe though

> class
> Australian

Aren't you guys just a bunch of descendants of prisoners

Judaism. Most quality products get this treatment.

almost every just buys a phone on contract, so they can charge whatever they want for the piece, the user only ever sees 200$ at most of the cost up front

then cell providers, at least the big ones, won't give you a phone plan that doesn't have the new phone every 2 years cost in it regardless if you use it or not.

>fucked up meme bands
lol k
I'll enjoy my 4x4 MIMO 256QAM 3xCA 100+mbps LTE "meme band"

"Capitalism country"
Sup Forumsee i wonder why?

Enjoy being dead because you have a scratch on your knee and you don't have 30 billion gazillions "paper value"

Is LM Latin Murica?

I think the average price in most market segments has remained the same, but there have been more budget phones released the last few years, and more casual/older users have entered the market by buying their first budget smartphone.

Within the budget segment, it seems prices have gone down. I regularly see new smartphones on sale for €60-€80 now. That was unthinkable in 2013.

because poor people/retards just pay an extra 30$ to their already extremely expensive phone plan to get that new iPhone so they feel like they are successful in life. Meanwhile, anyone with half a brain see's that Apple has really gone downhill and that the difference between the iOS and Android ecosystem is negligible.

Americlaps
>>slave niggers

>muh free market
they asked for it.

US women insisting their daddy/husband/boyfriend buy them an iPhone for the sake of fashion.

America became a third world shit hole where people can't even afford cars, and thus, can't even brag about it.

americans only buy apple products

This is the AVERAGE price of SMARTPHONES retard. What you said has nothing to do with it.

You can probably get a used car for less than the price of the latest iPhone, and the American poor often live in their cars.

It's pretty funny how naive that image is, btw. For example, old money and the noveau riche show off in very different ways. The middle class also uses Apple products, but they show off by treating them as disposable instead of special. Trump's bragging is widely considered trashy and embarrassing among the wealthy.

Then there's the precariat — college dropouts with mcjobs, starving artists, freelance writers — who use Apple shit for various mundane reasons (ie. parents paid for it), and who show off with immaterial wealth like their obscure taste in bands and craft beers, while looking down on Shaniqua who took out a loan just to be able to show off with an iPhone.

Shit's complicated.

Burgers gotta compensate for their shitty country by buying expensive shit.

Our carriers fuck as hard if we don't play the game, too many people were using old phones or chink phones so they jack your rate with fees if you don't get an approved phone.

No options.

Cheap phones in North America bought straight up are garbage like Samsung A3 for $300 or whatever dumb shit, every phone under $300 leaves an extremely bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I convince a lot of people to go to chink phones or use swappa to get an S7 or whatever phone they want instead.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

They call buy on contract.
And their contracts are $100 a month.

t. bought a $900 flagship to share indian memes on whatsapp

>Are you all really just obsessed with flagships?
Of course they're, look at this board for instance.
Also, they can't enjoy good chinks like Xiaomi 'cuz their band is retarded and unsupported by many models. So, clearly, they just sperg out.

Carriers changed a couple years ago, Verizon did the "edge" plan and AT&T did "next" T-Mobile was "jump" or something... Basically, if you want to use "your" phone (old or cheap), there is an "add a device" type of fee of around $30 a month. Or you can get a brand new "approved" phone for $15-$35 a month, obviously after 2 year contract that's closer to around $700, and if you cancel you have to pay it, but since it's built in now, people don't know/care/bitch.

on top of the whole, yes we want the latest/greatest to take pics of our food and brag about our life bs.

How do you think an average works?

>"add a device" type of fee of around $30 a month.

That's the most Jewish scheme I've heard about this month.

Not true, if you have a compatible SIM you can just slap it into any unlocked or a phone of your own carrier and you don't have to pay shit.
source: went from 6s to s8 in 2 seconds

>mfw every two years I buy last years flagship for the price of a midrange smartphone
>normies think I'm rich, they've never seen me with anything but premium flagships after all
>I'm actually a poorfag

Frankly I have no idea what the fuck are you on about, but I can easily get over 100Mbps in Europe as well.

Excuse me, but what is a phone plan ? Not sure if I don't get it due to language barrier or if I just don't know what it is.

General term to describe a contract/subscription with a mobile network provider. Most of them will have options where you pay significantly more per month (on top of the network provision), and thus get an expensive mobile device for "free".

It's a scam.

Nah I went to China and it seemed like nearly eveybody there had an iPhone, it was actually little absurd.. So it's defintely the US and China who have the biggest iPhone consumer base,

Yeah, that also exists here in Europe, however that's worth it if you're one of those retards who always wants the "newest one".

As far as I am conserned, I only put my old SIM card into my used Chink smartphone. I don't even need Internet.

>mfw french
>don't buy flagships but some decent phones
>Huawei Bold 80€
>Based Blackberry Q10 for 100€
>Nice Vernee Thor for 90€
>phone plan is 2€ per month
>mfw it's actually 2.10€ per month because I activated extra data and roaming to use my phone at no extra cost in all the country of the EU + EEA
>mfw in fact it's only 0.10€ because I have a permanent discount since I'm also a customer for the same company for my internet.

>1 heure et demie du mat
>2 français sur le même fil de Sup Forums

Which provider are you subscribed ?

youtube.com/watch?v=6SbyHukbBZc