Sup Forums predicted this

Sup Forums predicted this

Other urls found in this thread:

artlebedev.ru/optimus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Companies patent shit all the time, just in case. Doesn't mean they're going to produce the crazy shit they come up with. They just want to stop others from selling anything like it.

How the fuck was this granted when there's been fuckload of prior art from multiple vendors between 2010 and 2012?
Is the US patent office terminally retarded?

I've been anticipating a design like this for years. Personally I'd rather have a flip phone with this technology.

Another reason why "intellectual property" should be abolished.
Shit idea in any case, non-tactile keyboards are retarded.

>the west is not corru-

How could they patent this if Lenovo already sells one of these

>closes macbook
>both screens shatter

I've seen this design done already, how the hell are Apple getting the patent?

Also I don't really understand the appeal of this design. Couldn't really do with a touch keyboard without feedback. It does open up possibilities to do other nifty things with that second screen, but again, I can't think of much since you'd need your damn keyboard. Dynamic keys, I guess? For different use cases, that would be cool

>spills soda
>both screens die

>I've seen this design done already, how the hell are Apple getting the patent?
apple innovation transcends space and time itself

I can't wait till they force iToddlers to buy two ipads only to render keyboard on one.

normies don't care about haptic feedback because there are already conditioned to use onscreen keyboard
on the other hand the sheer amount of emoji this "keyboard" could fit would make any braindead ipad-generation child squee with joy

>be retard
>shit brakes
Wow.

Pretty sure it has to be disputed after the fact.

artlebedev.ru/optimus/
If I went full retard I would rather buy a numpad for emojis

lol

meant for

>Be apple shill
>Call others retard

>be retarded
>things don't brake

>be retard
>confuse "break" with "brake"
Wow.

Apple are infamous patent trolls who abuse intellectual property laws to shutdown competition and innovation by rival companies. They're just continuing their long-time objective of patent hoarding. They’ve probably tried to patent the keyboard by now. I wouldn’t be surprised.
If Apple paid taxes and weren’t able to monopolize their intellectual “property” rights, they’d be bankrupt within the century.

> Wahhh apple is the only company in the world that hordes patents

> I'm cool with Microsoft, Samsung, and almost every other large tech company doing the same

Nintendo did this like 12 years ago. Appel once again steals another company's ideas.

But that isn't what they said though.

I have this question too

t. iFag

Apple hasn't invented anything else either so if they have any previous patents they can just use the same trick than before. Seems to work great.

Is this thread about Microsoft, Samsung, or any other large tech company, you absolutely terminally inflicted downs syndrome retard? Holy shit, you Apple fanboys are overwhelmingly disabled. It's unbearable. Go eat crayons, or huff spray-paint, or whatever else it is you people do when you're not cranking out a fat diarrhoea steamer all over your favourite communal shitting street. Go back to scavenging through the McDonalds dumpsters for food so you can save up for whatever Chinese trash Apple’s currently slinging. Go suck off your dealer for some free crack, that’ll help you cut down on your expenses.

Sensitive aren't you? It's the whole point of capitalism. Every company does it. Even Sony got sued for dualshock patents

Patents only last 20 years anyways

The 2030s will be great when all these smart device patents expire.

yeah, sure

iphags rekt

You are missing the fact they patent shit others already sell for a long time iRetard.

Because the people at the patent offices don't seriously check for other similar patents already existing and more or less go off of whether or not they personally know some other item exists or they can find it with a simple text search of their database. It doesn't help that most patent literature is pure garbage to begin with (seriously, check it out - lots of garbled text from faulty pdf scans, purposefully ambiguous descriptions by people who are patent squatting, etc).
Basically this means a company with a lot of money can just patent whatever they want so long as they don't too closely resemble whatever is already on file, and if any problems arise, just duke it out in court later. This especially works when it concerns a lesser known design by a poorer company or person that probably can't afford a lengthy legal fight.

Hell, if you wanted to you could probably go file patents for obscure shit that already exists right now if you want to. Nobody will catch you until it's too late.

>having keyboard where you don't feel where your fingers are
thanks but no thanks, garbage.

There's a reason nobody used those.

They are fucking shit

This is why we can't have nice things.

Leaked pic

Why will you spill soda in a computer?
Are you idiot, fat guy?

some cpus are liquid cooled with soda

the toy,
i hope it have USB for realone keyboard

Cool! Now tell me why you will spill soda in a computer? Do you have any problem in your hands?

you have to admit, they have a lot of potential for the soyish target market
the fact that applel want to patent it is a little ridiculous, but you have to see the bigger picture if the patent doesn't go through. imagine developers creating new styles of keyboards, new layout, new sensitivities, vibrations, etc. it could make a ton of money for companies involved if they make they keyboard software open-source.

What an original idea. I'm sure no-one has ever sold anything like this before.

Sometimes the jizz makes the bottles hard to grip and somewhat slippery and before you know it the accident already happened

how are greentext and reaction images an argument lmao

like nigga why you need healthcares like how can you get sick nigga? just don't get sick lol

eugh
>types out name
>instant carpal tunnel

so what's next, are apple gonna sue acer and lenovo for products they made years ago?

how can you patent something someone else already made

us law everybody

Thankfully you could change the keyboard layout to use it as a conventional 7-inch subnotebook, but nonetheless it's easy to see why Toshiba never used the dual-touchscreen idea outside of the W100, which was only produced in small quantities.

that's the ugliest taskbar setup i've ever seen

>copying fail memebar from Lenovo
>copying dual screen bullshit also from Lenovo
we are reaching peak (((innovation))) my goys.

yknow how you stop a shit-train rand?
shit brakes

Is that a display on the bottom? If not, then the patent doesn't apply to it.

I wish all the "people" who think typing on a picture of a keyboard is good would just kill themselves already.

They are completely awful. Apple have no idea what to do anymore: I predict that in 5 to 10 years they will become the new IBM.

I'm actually amazed how important Steve Jobs was for this shitty company...

Could have "haptic feedback" to replicate the feel of physical buttons. The home button the iPhone 7/8 feels real even though it's not a button.

Ok Sup Forums, instead of just shitting on the idea of a screen keyboard can we discuss how to make it workable? My idea is a per-pixel membrane under the screen that vibrates like an Android phone when you tap the key icon, but the vibration is localised to the centre of the icon.

>"intellectual property" should be abolished
Fuck you stupid commie.
>Shit idea in any case
Then why do you care that somebody owns it? Let them have their bad ideas and fail. Stupid nigger.

>Is the US patent office terminally retarded?
Yes. You can have a patent for practically anything, and it's up to the courts to decide whether it's valid or not.

As much as we like to shit on Jobs he was something of a visionary with clear goals. He cared about “why” more than “what”, which resonated with people, and he also seemed to somewhat care about the products being usable in a high-level manner, i.e. for art, design, music, editing, etc. You can contend that the old products were still overpriced and made in a cheap Chinese factory but they did their job far more painlessly than any Windows machine if that’s what you wanted them for. Tim Cook clearly doesn’t care about any of those things, just marketing the company as a fashion brand and locking people into their ecosystem. They need to get rid of him and find someone with a vision or they’ll be gone in a decade. The writing was on the wall when they acquired Beats by Dre, the shittest headphones in existence. I have to believe the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil are a mothballed concept from Jobs’s era because they work entirely too well to be current Apple products.

>commie
>implying
IP is detrimental to the free market, patent hoarding is proof.

>clicks on start menu
>half of keyboard is covered

you can patent anything, but you have to defend it after the fact if you use it.

I can see 2 screens being useful in this way. I mean if they don't charge double the price, this may make tablets nice to use, but replacing physical on a laptop is shit with very few exceptions (one being a cheap penable display and a second higher quality non penable one up top to check colors)

>be retard
>Rear end car because shit brakes

>How could they patent this if Lenovo already sells one of these
Because Lenovo is a Chinese company, and Apple is American.

WUT?

NO
NO NO NO PLEASE GOD NO

Is apple going to make a nintendo ds?