/hpg/ - Headphones General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Ear-Pad-Ear-Cushion-Ear-Cups-Ear-Cover-Earpads-Repair-Parts-for-NAD-VISO-HP50/32831121006.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.3.35f949a2Qv5kSg&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10152_10151_10065_10344_10068_10342_10343_10340_10341_10084_10083_10618_10305_10630_10304_10307_10306_10302_10313_10059_10184_10534_100031_10103_10627_10626_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620_10142,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=f2056101-acc1-4668-a8bb-21003b718835-0&algo_pvid=f2056101-acc1-4668-a8bb-21003b718835&transAbTest=ae803_3&priceBeautifyAB=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the second worst headphones after the hd600

quick reminder that both the HD600 and soy are perfectly fine as they are

>these chads slap ur moms ass(since u dont have a gf)
what do hd600 bros?

K712 or X2?
Could you compare how they sound?

I never listened to any im just shitposting
from what I heard k712 is better
more detail and bigger soundstage but x2 is built better and i think is more bassy

Velour, pleather or leather pads, /hpg/?

none, fabric pads are best

Isnt velour basically fabric?

Same question but for the gym.
Where can I find closed headphones with real leather pads for 400 or less?

AKG > Senngarbage

Probably changes sound

HM5 + sheepskin pads are $160

160$ for pads only? fuck that ill get velour and wash them when they get sweaty

pads are$50, HM5 are$110

Idol trash here.
What's your soy like, user?

can I use them with other headphones? like msr7? or would it change the sound?

too hard to open :(

I think I replied and it didnt show
ill type again sorry if duplicate
Would the sheepskins pads work well with other headphones like msr7 or would they change the sound? I think the pleather makes them sound worse from what I read

are you going to the gym to get /fit/ or to listen music?
and yes, they fit many headphones and may change the sound

To get /fit/ and listen to music
its a waste of time when I do like 2-3 mins rest on heavy compounds and do nothing but stare at the ground
and im getting btr1 to make them wireless
i hate iems

Can Beyer Custom Studio be used as portable? I know theyre big but they got removable cables so guess it works better than dt770.

fostex th-610, th-x00 or E-mu Teak?

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

Is HD558 still the best value headphones?

What's the next best headphone if you're upgrading from HD558?

hd6xx

What are the best headphones for classical music under 250$?

hd6xx

SHP9500S|HD558 -> HD600
These are the sane cheap open and the sane upgrade path.

Anyone else use spotify premium or anything similar? what do you have your dacs set to ? 44100hz or 96k etc?

Some people say it's best to leave 44100 on, but others say to set it to the highest available because it will down sample anyway.

high quality OP, keep on posting 2hus.

>burlap
shit pad, stop shilling here faggot

soyboy + sennheiser

why am i not surprised

fuck off

veiled shit

HD558 is veiled shit

How about making one of these for sennheiser, that's what this thread needs, no one buys schiit anyways

So I have a NAD VISO HP50 in dire need of ear pad replacements. What do you guys recommend?

because the snapping and the veil are well known issues while there are still people that think schiit is good

Is there any way I can do these measurments on my simple audio interface?

amir has a $25k rig gl. you can do some diy oscilliscopes for cheap or you can spend hundreds to get an alright one

why do those cartoon girls have pillowcases on their arms

>not protecting your arms with pillowcases

>What do you guys recommend?
buying a headphone that's not made by some niche boutique fagugacturer so that you can get your hands on official spare parts without wasting hours of your day on internet searches.

it's an alternate timeline where women became so fed up with corsets and laces they learned how to keep extremely baggy clothing on them using levitation

sennfaggot

I honestly wish I had done that. Having said that, I suppose you don't have any suggestions, right?

apparently not considering how often they get shilled here

>why do those cartoon girls have pillowcases on their arms
because it allows them to cover their arms while still showing their armpits. The damn enticing whores!

I do, if you really have to insist on keeping the nad look for ""counterfeit"" earpads on ebay. Just type the name of your headphone + earpad and look for the ones that are 100% imitations of the official stock earpads. There's a shitton of chinese people dedicated to imitating the exact official parts. Sometimes those imitations are as good as the original, sometimes they are MUCH worse. It's a lottery, but it's probably your only real bet in preserving stock sound.

Gosh, couldn't actually find any on ebay. This is the first time I don't find counterfeit-ish stuff there. NAD truly is too boutique for the world.

There's one imitation on aliexpress though :
aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Ear-Pad-Ear-Cushion-Ear-Cups-Ear-Cover-Earpads-Repair-Parts-for-NAD-VISO-HP50/32831121006.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.3.35f949a2Qv5kSg&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10152_10151_10065_10344_10068_10342_10343_10340_10341_10084_10083_10618_10305_10630_10304_10307_10306_10302_10313_10059_10184_10534_100031_10103_10627_10626_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620_10142,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=f2056101-acc1-4668-a8bb-21003b718835-0&algo_pvid=f2056101-acc1-4668-a8bb-21003b718835&transAbTest=ae803_3&priceBeautifyAB=0

Hey yall
I love my DT880s, but I much prefer the soundstage the HD600s offer. Should I get the AKG equivalent?

Eh, it's not square enough it seems from the pics. You might actually be very fucked.

>I love my DT880s, but I much prefer the soundstage the HD600s offer. Should I get the AKG equivalent?
No. AKG has much wider soundstage than both. If you prefer something intimate like the HD600 you shouldn't buy anything made by AKG.

I was afraid you were going to say that. I'll give it a try, thanks.

AKG > Sennheiser

Literal shit > Sennheiser

They kinda look like Brainwavz pads, which is what I'm currently using and can say they suck with the HP50.
Thanks a lot for the help, though.

I dislike Sennheiser too. But guess what? I don't shill. This guy prefers intimate soundstages. I am not going to recommend the polar opposite of what he wants. Leave that sort of behavior to sennshill okay?

Why so people recommend dt770 when custom studios exist for the same price

Would a headphone amp make a difference with my Ether C?

What DAC would you recommend?

beyer in general are aural nightmares. why recommend them at all

I've just ordered m40xs, did I fuck up?

OL DAC or Topping D30

Is it normal that I do not hear any difference between iphone 6 and an audio interface?

Not really

I think its normal
audio interfaces are not supposed to have good amp/dacs I think

Nope, you just brought the best of budget closed can.

Are you implying that there will be difference between audio interface and a dedicated dac?

Literal overpriced t50rp

No one is shilling I'm just saying Sennheiser is shit

Dt770 are actually between 30 to 40 euros cheaper here. But the difference in cost is well worth not having to worry about resoldering a cable if you end up destroying it with a rolling chair and being able to control the bass response is nice. Bayer haters would probably prefer a control over the treble but I'm pretty okay with it. The Fletcher Munson curve shows that we perceive bass and treble differently at different levels of loudness, I'd wager that people who dislike beyers listen to as loud as they can bear while people who enjoy Beyers listen to a more moderate volume where you need a gentle treble and bass boost.

Thinking of getting them
You think I can get away with making them portable from time to time
are the pads easy to wash

how these recurring shilling threads with referral links on top are even allowed on Sup Forums is beyond me
how deep the mighty has fallen

Yes, but they're quite bulky. Passive noise isolation is good enough for portable use and better than some portable over-ear headphones.
Dunno about washing, I've heard of some people doing it with other beyer headphones but I'd rather just order new pads.

The highest fidelity headphones available are in this photograph.

Post headphones?
For me the only thing I know i m getting next is a d30 and magni 3. Maybe a r70x or hd580.
What are you thinking of buying user

So would it or wouldn't it? Youre dodging my question.

so where the fuck are those magni 3 measurements /hpg/?

Nice. Would you ever choose those closed audio-technicas over the IEMs for outdoor/portable use?
>What are you thinking of buying
Today I've bought the MSR7s they should get here in a few days.
I'm thinking of buying a new set of open headphones that have a 3.5mm female connector on them to replace my SHP9500s but I don't think one exists. I can't use my Vmoda microphone with the AKG/Sennheiser connectors.

>3.5mm on good open headphones
Unaware of any. Just give up on the standard jack and grab some HD600. It's not like you'll ever regret it.

Is HD6xx the best value in headphones now? What’s the closed equivalent?

i'm waiting for the LCX to drop again, on the mean time i'll order the new thx amp

>Vmoda microphone
Mics with separate cables or desk mics are just better. Why restrict your choice to a handful of headphones? There's just not that many, even among closed headphones, that use a standard jack. And as a MSR7 owner, I'd even prefer if it used the proprietary locking mechanism of Audio Technica over the 3.5mm standard jack. Small TRS connectors are fragile, the higher amount of penetration + locking mechanism is less likely to break than the bendy metal part of the jack. Anything is better than a standard TRS connector. Locking mechanisms improve it, mini XLR is better, whatever the hd600 uses is also better.

HD600 would unironically be the best value in headphones if they were $3,000.

Maybe zimbabwe dollars kek

>HD600 would unironically be the best value in headphones if they were $3,000.
You are damaging Sennheiser's image more than you are defending it with that insane shilling.

You are helping Sennheiser's image more than you are attacking it with that insane anti-shilling.

WHO MESSED UP AND FORGOT THE FEET?

>It's not like you'll ever regret it.
I will regret it because I won't be able to turn the headphones into a headset without using one of those trash magnets and having to deal with 2 wires coming from my headphones.
Maybe I'll get the Fidelio X2s one day for that reason.
>desk mics are just better
They pick up my keyboard and other noises. Headsets are the best for VOIP and the Vmoda microphone is just so convenient.
As much as I want a HD600 this keeps driving me away from it. I'm in voice calls a lot.

That's what he wants.

Nice hair. Great recommendation.
But the sound. The sound (!).
>As much as I want a HD600 this keeps driving me away from it.
It shouldn't. Worst case scenario you absolutely need that, you cat cut the cable near the headphones and wire it to a 3.5" female. Big deal.

This. As long as HD600 remains the center of conversation here, reasonable folks will plainly see that both supporting and attacking it have become memes here, look elsewhere on the internet for information on it now that it has been brought to their attention, and invariably discover that it is a legendary, highly regarded headphone.
The butthurt that the HD600 generates here only further encourages its shilling, forever keeping its place as the most visible headphone in these threads.

Any recommendations for headphone DAC/AMP combo?

I need a cheap microphone for my computer that I can use for Discord, suggestions?

I could probably be convinced to use a desk mic. I don't know why I'm considering it right now though, I'm perfectly happy with the SHP9500 and when my MSR7s get in I'll have a similar setup to Idol trash. My dream come true!

I've been using the Sony ECMCS3 it's pretty good if you are fine with a clip microphone.

>My dream come true!
To complete your dream you need to go slave in Ireland and endure the crappy weather they have up there. Also live surrounded by dead eyed, innsmouth-like men.

I'm not sure, I always had headsets
I'm not sure about clip microphones, you put them on the top of the screen, right? That is about a meter away from my mouth

The potato famine never happened but it should have.

Idol trash here.
That's surprisingly accurate. It's good to be back from work and have the HD600 on my head.
Got hailed on the way home. Needles of snow hitting my face. Pain.
Sipping some Coffee (black) atm.