This is why Linux will always be a joke

This is why Linux will always be a joke

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It feels so fucking bad man
So fucking bad.

Have you also ever noticed how dragging and dropping a file from one window to another makes the window inheriting the draggable item get to the front? No matter what?
I've tried Xfce, Unity, Gnome 3, Mate, KDE, Cinnamon, even budgie. They all fail. Yes, I've tried all possible combinations in the settings (raise window on focus, raise on click etc. pp., there's tons, especially in KDE and Xfce, but X and wayland both can't handle it).

The devs don't understand, they're too trained like dogs to like the faulty behaviour.

It derives from the fact, that Linux obviously cannot differentiate between long clicks (e.g. when dragging and dropping) and short clicks.

Linux sucks because it's developers just fucking around and playing games.

A lack of seriousness is why Red Hat is marching through the entire environment and calling all the shots.

you're focusing too much on the bad, there is good too like the recursive search as you type, the recent link is also very handy

there are patches for normal sized thumbnails and i would be surprised if there aren't ppas for ubuntu with it

Install Windows XP.

>using gtk shit

What is this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=sxXs0Yy5-0Y

Your life will always be a joke because you think the kernel is responsible for displaying a file picking window.

Looks like LXQt to me

Linux is just a kernel.

This has literally never happened to me.

Thumbnails in the filepicker is UI bloat. Get over your baby duck, not everything needs to be a copy of windows. And besides even if they did implement it you fags would still just complain "hurr why can't linux come up with any original ideas"

I use a tiling WM and so I don't have that problem because my windows never overlap to begin with. If it's such an issue then learn to code and fix the issue yourself

>Linux is about having options
>productivity outside of text editors is bloat and not an option

>productivity
>i need to see thumbnails so i can find the most appropriate image macro of a frog in my dank meme folder in order to shitpost faster

Believe it or not, you remember pics based on the contents, not the filename. When I uploaded scanned documents for a scholarship application, thumbnails helped a lot. It is productivity.

If that is all you can think about, then I'm sorry for you. You know, some people use more than a browser.

except it's not because you aren't gonna get the scholarship and you wasted your time

then use a different tool, a file picker is bad for all the reasons any other modal dialogs are bad

BUT YOU CAN JUST CODE IT YOURSELF xDDDDD
ARE YOU *****TECH***** ILLITERATE?

If you can't code yourself then you either need to pay someone to do what you want or cross your fingers and hope that someone will do it for free eventually. It's like this in the proprietary world too user.

>linux
>post a pic of gnomeme
kek

When you screenshot you're gtk filepicker, nobody knows your a frogposter.