### Sup Forumsternet - We are back and better than ever edition ###

### Sup Forumsternet - We are back and better than ever edition ###

Mark yourself on the map with your contact info (can be a cock.li throwaway if you don't want to dox yourself)
zeemaps.com/map?group=2787145

IRC (SSL): irc.jollo.org:9999 #gternet (uses self signed cert)
Git: git.gternet.me

What is Sup Forumsternet?
Sup Forumsternet would be our own decentralized p2p network running on our own infrastructure, totally disconnected from the clearnet.
It will be a combination of DIY meshnets on a city wide basis, and a platform for interconnecting these city wide meshnets over p2p openvpn bridges and high powered wireless dishes for City to City relays.
The Inter-Meshnet part of the project will allow any existing DIY meshnets to join our network by adding a bridge node or a city to city relay.
The short term goal is to have a few anons set up their own local meshnet and link them together using the bridges as a proof of concept.
A long term goal is gain a large enough user density that we can disable the brige nodes and have our own decentralized network idependent of the internet.

Where have you been? I thought this project was dead?
This project's primary contributors all have real lives and real jobs that get in the way of development. We figured that it would be best to just work without threads for a few months to try
and hammer out some plans and details. We now need help to set up the meshnets and intermesh nodes for testing and further development. This project is not dead.

Well what do you have to show us now?
We have one 3 block square meshnet implemented on raspberry Pi 3s from one contributor. The mesh devices are battery operated and get about 16 hours of life before they need to be charged.
The mesh network allows non mesh devices to join as if it is a normal wifi network. The mesh is then connected to a p2p node waiting for a peer to connect to.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kibook/1436chan
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
github.com/Ronsor/nircd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What can I do to help?
Currently we need people to set up their own local meshnets (can be small just to prove the concept) and then set up p2p nodes. You can use gternet-cli from git to help with meshnet and
p2p setup. Its still a work in progress and for some reason you have to run the deploy mesh command twice for it to work on some devices. Help us modify it to be better by submitting change requests
to git and knots will review them and merge if the code is improved.

To Do:
- decide on hardware standards for both City to City relays and Meshnet end user equipment
- start building internet bridges for the intermesh connections (Linux Sysadmin tier)
- start designing diy kits for meshnet end users (Should be newbie-midlevel friendly tier)
- look into croundfunding options for purchasing city to city relay backbone equipment (Richfag tier)

Things NOT To Do:
- Talk about logos
- Talk about names
- Shill crypto bullshit for funding.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I WANT FREE INTERNET
WORK FASTER

Stop shilling this meme. It will never work, you dumb flyovers.

lol

1.5 Comcast™ internet™ connection™ credits™ have been deposited to your account™
Thank you!

We are working on it desu~

bump

Member kali and pepe antenna? I member

>flyovers
????

>flyovers

oh shit i almost forgot about this.

Who is this semen demon?

Bump

Yet another shill tool aimed at your dick

Why must it always be so?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Never forget what they have taken from you.

BRAP BUMP

Have you tested any cool website for this, like the hidden service? You know, for the coolness factor kids love.

once other people from the irc and thread get their own side of the network up then we can test cool hidden services.
shit as soon as its live ill put an image board up on it

Create a chan? An easy option is a gopher chan github.com/kibook/1436chan which can have an http exit, an user was talking about this Or a maybe the distributed nntpchan github.com/majestrate/nntpchan

If you want to test a distributed irc though try this github.com/Ronsor/nircd

distributed IRC could come in handy for some ideas we are playing around with for DNS and stuff.
Thanks for the info user

There is KadNode for distributed DNS tho. Check the wiki if you still have it, I am the guy who made that contribution.