So now that it's been a week, what do you guys think of the album?

so now that it's been a week, what do you guys think of the album?

Other urls found in this thread:

amoonshapedpool.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=z2hZ9CTLICs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

9/10, solid AOTD

Kid A > OKC > Amnesiac > The Bends > AMSP > In Rainbows > TKOL > HTTT > Pablo Honey

My favorite album of the decade easily

It's probably the best thing they've done since amnesiac to be honest, though I do like HTTT more than most

I understand what all the hullabaloo about Identikit was, easily my favourite track on the album

This. such an amazing track

it's godly

It's good

Not bad but not really great either. It's a good album, clean, good direction, but weak imo.

They should retire now because whatever they make after this won't be able to come close this is 10/10

What a great way it would be to end it though

it had the same problem that every radiohead album since kid a has had imo that thom's voice completely clashes with the production

better than yorke solo albums and tkol & pablo honey
worst than the other things
if this shit got released by another band anyone would give it a 7/10 but it's radiohead and its "art"

4/10 kinda boring, listening to it from start to finish felt like a chore. But I'll still take In Rainbows, The Bends or OK Computer any day of the week.

it's art regardless you stupid pleb

just like google says; a monochrome, boring, sleep pill.

Yeah, this. I really wish it was more of an instrumental album.

I agree but it would kill me for these geniuses to call it quits now

can you imagine having this shit opinion?

what do you think of the following releases

>actress - RIP
>scott walker - bish bosch
>joanna newsom - HOOM
>laurel halo - quarantine
>julia holter - anything in her discography

>boring
Meme criticism

you're trying too hard
i wont even believe you if you posted with a timestamp of a down's person

I have personally only listened to Joanna Newsom out of that list but I enjoy Hoom, not her best though

Better than everything post Kid A not named In Rainbows/Amnesiac

so you're a newfag

I guess so

There's not a single average song on this. They did it again.

Bish Bosch and Loud City Song are definitely AOTD contenders but that doesn't dismiss AMSPs quality

How is AMSP better than each of them?

Pretty much this.

I listened to two tracks, got bored and then stopped listening

It sounds better

I never said it was. I didn't even make the AOTD comment about AMSP. I don't view music as a competition like that pleb

Why does it sound better?

I listened to it once the day it came out and I still think it's shit.

It has more interesting and pleasing sounds

I love it

AOTY

How?

maybe you should try listening to it again

i like the strings

I literally came while hearing to it

Julia Holter has strings too.
Scott Walker does too.
Joanna Newsom does too.

Pretty good
OKC > Kid A > In Rainbows >AMSP > HTTT > The Bends > Amnesiac > TKOL > PH

But I like Jonny''s Strings + Thom's Voice more

Dude chill, he just found it to be a better album

as great as it was nothing matches hearing the studio version of TLW

I've waited so long and it was just perfect

Why do you like them more?
Not really, we have no idea why.

I'll admit, when the piano came in I was a little disappointed, but as the track went on i fell more and more in love with it

It's just fantastic considering the whole context surrounding it. The entire stripped-down feeling of it compared to the live version is such a great contrast and great closer to the album

LP10 when

At least 2020, i suggest you sit and wait user

But it's been over half a decade user...you're telling me they only managed to produce 11 songs in that time?

my internet was down for a week so i'm actually hearing it for the first time and its decent so far, the current song i'm listening on (desert island disk) is kind of boring.

AMSP Pt. 2

01/01/2017

AMSP AOTY

Blackstar a shit

Bowie on suicide watch

That's the worst song on the album

It has some of their best songs. Low points: identikit and the present tense.

>low points
>two of the best songs on the album

Those are two of my favorites

>Low points: identikit and the present tense

wut

Considering half of the album is old songs i would 2020 is being optimistic

user, i don't know how to tell you this...

b8

I can't tell if I'm just burnt out on Radiohead or if the new album is a tad ho hum. There are elements I like, but they're lost in the mix. It all just meanders.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE GOOD TIMES

truth will mess you up

Mega link?

amoonshapedpool.com/

JUUUUUST DOOONT LEAVE

Not trying to be pretentious or contrarian. As someone who's been following their stuff for a while, I didn't think much of this album, but it's slowly growing on me. The same happened with TKOL. In Rainbows was bretty nice tho.

a little bit of knowledge will destroy you

I FEEL THIS LOVE TURN COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLD

You're breaking my heart Thom ;_;

For me 7.5, I thought this was going to be my AOTY, but I'm really feeling Bottomless Pitt, and i didn't even like Death Grips aside from On GP and Footage before, but BP is fucking great.

Not to get too off topic here but these two albums are tied for my AOTY but AMSP might have the edge for me. Bubbles through Houdini is the best DG I've heard in years

BP is shit

the trips don't lie

dubs don't lie

I've listened to it twice now, I don't get the hype. I'm not a hardcore Radiohead fan(I only have 3 albums), so maybe it's for them, but it's certainly not for me.

I fucking hate what they did to True Love Waits, it sounds minimalist and experimental for the sake of it. Ending an album on a somber minimal note has been done by them before (MPS, Videotape), it would have been more impactful had they recorded it similar to the live version as a sort of light at the end of the tunnel after such a depressing album.

I much prefer the live version

But Thom is at a depressing point in his life - his true love didn't wait. It being hopeful would ring untrue for me in that context.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2hZ9CTLICs

Discovering this version a few months before hearing the album version definitely ruined it for me

doesn't mean it had to be so stripped back in terms of production. Shit, even in the style of Daydreaming I think it would have been a lot better of a closer

I guess it's just a matter of taste then. If it were in the style of daydreaming it'd read too wistful, too introspective for me. The starkness really elevates the track.

this

The stripped down production makes the song imo

hate this shit, why can't you just say you dislike it? why do you have to be edgy about it?

I see what you mean. Maybe I'm just disappointed because it's kind of a waste of such a great melody. It would have worked really well in its original form at the end of In Rainbows IMO

the present tense is fantastic, so beautiful. The numbers, glass eyes and desert island are boring folky sloooow songs with nothing special, the rest is great, i liked this album at first, now i fucking love it

To be fair I was never particularly attached to the old acoustic version, but I can see how you would be disappointed if you were.

Feel like it's going over ground already covered by Ghost Stories desu

In Rainbows > OK Computer > Kid A > The Bends > Amnesiac > TKOL > HTTT > AMSP > Pablo Honey

OKC > Kid A > Amnesiac > HTTT > don't care

TKOL > Kid A > In Rainbows = The Bends > OKC > Amnesiac = AMSP > HTTT > PH

It's really good, but I feel like the production is really cluttered. There's like a million different sounds going on at once. I miss the sparseness of songs like Nude.

Better than HTTT which would make it...their best since Amnesiac. damn.

pleb detected
actress is ass for real...

How is Actress terrible?

i hated glass eyes at first but now is SOTY

this, nigel fucked up the production this time

i take it back actually i forgot how intricate it is but listening now i take it back a thousands times

The songs are in alphabetical order