Best of Stallman

Best of Richard Stallman thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eG4HrOpzQXY
youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA
youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ
youtu.be/I25UeVXrEHQ
stallman.org/archives/2012-nov-feb.html#04_January_2013_(Pedophilia)
stallman.org/articles/extreme.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for software and other kinds of works.

The licenses for most software and other practical works are designed to take away your freedom to share and change the works. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change all versions of a program--to make sure it remains free software for all its users. We, the Free Software Foundation, use the GNU General Public License for most of our software; it applies also to any other work released this way by its authors. You can apply it to your programs, too...

based Stallman, like always.

1d women.

this

I like this picture.

Outrage enthusiast visits a free software talk and tries to change the subject for feelgood points:

youtube.com/watch?v=eG4HrOpzQXY

Sexy

I KEK'd so hard

the force of richard's autism repeled that dyke

She was right tho

You have to go back.

youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA
If you have the time, I suggest you watch this whole episode. It's pretty uncomfortable. Lunduke is such a whiny bitch.

So wholesome. I love RMS now.

No, you

Im ded

Amazing taste

This man is truly beyond my understanding
Respect

Why does he shave his arms yet let his hair and beard grow liked a homeless man's?

youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

Im literally in tears. Please someome tell me this is real.

>animal lover/fucker
>reddit faggot
k

>ordinary phone call
>free

I love this thread, please don't let it die

>1D women
Fucking blown away. 2DPG.

POST MOAR

Is this all????

whether she was right is tangential to the fact that she shouldn't have brought up animal rights in a software freedom talk

How is this not the first on the list???

youtu.be/I25UeVXrEHQ

Truly a fucking grand wizard. Long live RMS.

stallman.org/archives/2012-nov-feb.html#04_January_2013_(Pedophilia)

No way.

>burden of proof

The guy has read some law books.

That girl is dumb at arguing.

>A parrot once had sex with me. I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward, but being stroked on the hand by his soft belly feathers was so pleasurable that I yearn for another chance. I have a photo of that act; should I go to prison for it?
stallman.org/articles/extreme.html

The newfaggotry is too much lads.

This should have been the OP.

No matter how bad Stallman defended himself, that cunt still managed to look retarded.

1d Women are the best women.

Why would anyone meet Stallman and ask him about animal rights?

This gets me every fucking time

>newfaggotry
You know these guys who post like that are mostly pajeets right? Sup Forums is the new quora.

he's so fucking next level

GPL doesn't respect the freedom of the user but the right and the will of the maker, it's just another copyright.

Or just leave; dolphinfucker

both the pepsi and the jacket look unusually long

The GPL was stallmans best hack he ever wrote.

Bump

Everyone sees the octothrope, retard.

Sensible chuckle

can i get a sauce on this please

How fat of a man does he intend on becoming? Cut out the soda already.

his leg positioning got me

Did notice he got a little overwhelmed halfway through?

Is Stallman Stalin of the PC world?

RMS is more like Jesus.

1D > 2D > 3D

>animal are persons

wow stallman btfo how will he ever recover

Truly ascended

Richard Stallman goes full autism
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE
>A prominent symptom of autism is an oversensitivity
to noises and colors, and Lippman recalls two anecdotes that stand
out in this regard. "When Richard was an infant, we'd take him to
the beach," she says. "He would start screaming two or three blocks
before we reached the surf. It wasn't until the third timethat we
figured out what was going on: the sound of the surf was hurting his
ears." She also recalls a similar screaming reaction in relation to color:
"My mother had bright red hair, and every time she'd stoop down to
pick him up, he'd let out a wail."

>explain that he can give the talk in language A and language B
>they chose language A
>half during his speech they ask him to switch to language B because people don't understand language A
>realize you have been talking to nobody fir the last hour
>time runs out, so you can't start over
I'd freak out too in his situation, fuck off.

He's so cute.

> Freedom number 2, the freedom to help your neighbour, the freedom to make copies and redistribute them to others when you wish, up to and including republication, is essential on basic moral grounds so that you can live an upright life as a good member of your community. If you use a program that does not give you this freedom then you are in danger of falling at any moment into a moral dilemma. Whenever your friend says, “That program is nice, can I have a copy?”, at that moment you will be confronted with a choice between two evils. One evil is to give your friend a copy and violate the license of the program. The other evil is to deny your friend a copy and comply with the license of the program. Being in the dilemma, you should chose the lesser evil. The lesser evil is to give your friend a copy, and violate the license. What makes this evil, a lesser evil? Well, if you are in a situation that you cant help wronging somebody, better to do chose somebody who has done wrong, and deserves it. Like the developer of a program who has deliberately attached the social solidarity of your community. Whereas we can assume that your friend is a good member of the community, is a real friend, and normally you want to cooperate with that person. There is another possibility, that he is not a true good friend, and doesn’t help other people, but thats an easy case, you just say to him, “Why should I help you?”. Right, so that case can be disposed of, and it leads to the other case. A hard case, where he is a good guy and member of your community and the kind of person you _should_ help. So helping your friend is the lesser evil. But that doesn’t make it good. Its never a good thing to make an agreement and then break it. Some agreements are inherently evil, and its better to break them than to keep them. But its still not really good. And the other thing is that if you do give your friend a copy, that will be an unauthorised copy of a proprietary program. 1/2

>And thats a pretty bad thing. Its almost as bad an an authorised copy of a proprietary program. So once you have thought this through, and really understood the meaning of this dilemma, what you should really do, is make sure you never are in it. There are two ways to do that. One is, don’t have any friends. Thats the method that proprietary software developers suggest. And the other method is, don’t use the proprietary software. If you don’t have this proprietary program, then you don’t face the dilemma of what to do when someone asks you for a copy. So thats the method I’ve chosen. If someone offers me a program, no matter how under the condition that I promise not to share it with you, then no matter how appealing it is, in a shallow practical sense, I will reject it. I will not betray my social solidarity, the social solidarity of my community. Its my duty, to refuse such offers.

>wants people to have the freedom to study, modify and share software
>Stalin