Do you use an optical bay drive caddy in your laptop?

Do you use an optical bay drive caddy in your laptop?

yes, fuck off

Why would you put /var on the HDD and not the ssd?

Yes I do
but the SSD is mounted on C: and the HDD is B:

>B:

retard detected

>current century
>drive letters
satya what are you doing

so logs aren't wasting writes. for home just symlink your desktop, downloads, docs, music, movies, and all that shit to /store. home config files and everything else in / belong on the ssd.

logs and caching*

I don't use a floppy drive on my laptop everyday

no my laptop was made in the last 10 years

Some legacy shit will get pissy about anything other than a FDD being on A: or B:

>not using /home on HDD

yes, on my T430, but it's the only drive. The "official" drive bay is 7mm and I fucking hate 7mm HDDs (they're unreliable) and I don't see the need for an SSD to be honest. It's a 1TB HDD by the way.

>Some legacy shit
Like what? I Never had any issues
i'm using A: B: and C: since Windows 8

>Do you use an optical bay drive caddy in your laptop?
yes

My laptop came with no space for an optical drive.

if it would exist would you use a letter even prior A ?

I recall playing some old, old Vidya on XP that wouldn't run off my B: partition. Leisure Suit Larry or something from the same era. I haven't run into that again, but there's really no reason not to use D, E, F, G etc for your partitions and extra drives.

Yes. C: on a SATA SSD, D: on a HDD in the optical bay. I'd use an M.2 but it would cost money and the laptop already came with a SATA SSD.

My T440p isn't THAT old. There are even a few current laptops with an optical bay.

Why not
>tfw no unicode moutpoint on windows

the absolute madman

You can assign a drive a path instead of or in addition to a drive letter, and NTFS can have unicode names.

That sort of defeats the purpose of having an SSD. You want your config files to load fast. Just symlink link your directories to the HDD.

It makes a difference.

>You want your config files to load fast.
Config files aren't very big. You can load them into a tmpfs in one fast linear read if you like.

perfect

.config files are small enough that they load fast on HDDs., they also get written to hourly or even minute-to-minute by most programs.

Overall good though.

i did but then my laptop fucked itself....so now i leave it alone. just use external

No, because I have a workstation with plenty of storage and I primarily use my laptops for shitposting.

I always map my DVD to A and flash drives to B. Deal with it nerd.