>tfw one of your favorite Seattle bands wasn't even from Seattle

youtube.com/watch?v=UoUbwDxG-Gg

WATCH WHERE YOU SPIT

>Imo imo
Jack 'em off feeno ah na nay
Jack 'em off feena nay

Melvins m8

Alice in Chains > Nirvana > Soundgarden

Alice win over Nirvana solely because they have more material.

>he hasn't heard of Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, Tad, Gruntruck, Love Battery, Paw, Hammerbox, Babes In Toyland, Swervedriver, Mother Love Bone, Veruca Salt, Dig, or Treepeople

Should I give Screaming Trees and Mudhoney a listen? I can't stand Pearl Jam, Soundgarden or Nirvana whatsoever. I like Alice in Chains quite a bit and the Melvins, though I've never really put them into the category of grunge, maybe I was wrong in doing that.

SKIN YARD >

Melvins are to the harder stuff in the NW what Beat Happening was to the Olympia scene. Didn't really ride the grunge wave but they were the OGs.

Well, in the 1990s, yes, I would agree, (And Nirvana came out of ABERDEEN!) but let's not forget the great bands from the 1960s like The Kingsmen, Paul Revere and The Raiders, The Wailers, and The Sonics. [verifications and corrections welcomed]

HEY (dundundundundundundundun)

>doesn't mention Skin Yard
This seriously makes me sad. Their s/t is my favourite grunge album ever, and clearly set the standard for the rest of the bunch, even Mother Love Bone.

:D

But nothing they did is on In Utero's level (although Jar of Flies comes pretty fucking close)

Screaming Trees is great if you like the folksy psychedelic kind of stuff, while Mudhoney is more noise/punk rock, kinda like Nirvana. You should definitely give them both a listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMNfTrLG380
youtube.com/watch?v=FOUDDcIsokU

time 2 get called a pussy

Carissa's Wierd :^)

babby's first contrarian opinion

time 2 get called a pleb

Fleet Foxes :^)

nice, I'm digging screaming trees a lot, thanks bruh

Yes! I like you. Skin Yards' self titled is pretty much flawless from start to finish.

Lets make out bb
Skins In My Closet remains one of the GOAT grunge tracks

So are we not counting Hendrix since he had this britbongs?

AND BURY YOUR BROTHER
weeeeew doodleoodleoodleooo

why cant you stand nirvana user

First for jerry was the real genius behind AIC

AiC are coming to our small ass town and I got 2 tickets for my dad and I. Should be fun but fuck, it cost me around $130. I hope he'll be up to it.

thy r poplr

dae GRUNGE?

AIC are not as good as Nirvana, but they don't really play the same kind of music either so it's apples and oranges

They are pretty decent

>pic related. Jerry Cantrell and Mike Star first band

shame in you is my top 5 all time favourites

>Jerry Cantrell and Mike Star first band
no shit? really really?

and comeon, they're as good if not better technically than nirvana, they just didnt make noisey pop, made some weird blues metal

>reducing nirvana to "noisy pop"

hyperbole, m8
can i please shitpost without footnotes and a bibliography?

kek

"We turned down Guns'N'Roses; that would have been a big waste of time. It's pretty much inevitable that the alternative movement is attracting bandwagoners. I don't know about Soundgarden; we hung out with them before and they seem like great guys, but then there's other bands like Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam that are obvious corporate puppets. Many of these guys were involved in the hairspray/cockrock scene for years and now they quit washing their hair, move up to Seattle from Los Angeles, get a record deal, and act as if they've lived here all their lives. It's very insulting to me."

-- Kurt Cobain.

I love Nirvana but Kurt wasn't very schooled on his own label's history, Soundgarden were the band that made sub-pop what they were, a good few years before kurtzie-poo was signed.

Besides, Facelift came out an entire year before Nevermind.

redmond is not in seattle

Oh shit, didn't know they're from Seattle.

AiC is still best grunge tho.

well to be fair a lot of grunge bands were not from seattle. that was a marketing thing. also the sonics were from tacoma

quads have spoken, you could have said they were from kalamazoo and it would have been fact now.

ya'll know "grunge" isn't a real genre, right?

"Paul Revere and the Raiders" and "great bands" in the same sentence?

yea we know. its a marketed scene. it also is not really that cold and rainy in seattle either

*mid blown*
not rainy?