Does anyone else use a text-based browser instead of adblock...

does anyone else use a text-based browser instead of adblock? there's always a slight chance that the plugins will fail and you'll be left defenseless so it's good to take the safe route. pic related

No, I'm not mentally retarded.

how did you post without a Sup Forums pass?

>you'll be left defenseless
There are over a dozen different ways to block ads, you brain dead retard.

i've had all of those ways fail on me before even noscript so im left with this only option

This
If you have enough layers of protection you'll be able to repair one before the others break

What browser is that?

not OP but lynx probably

Elinks

to everyone else who keeps calling me dumb consider that ad warfare is advancing on a daily basis. ways of avoiding ad blockers keep coming out and soon there will be nothing you can do and ads will be embedded into every website, also this way avoids the ad begging pop ups without having to enable and disable javascript every minute

I block ads and bad domains from my firewall, hosts file, and browser. I think I'm good.

how do you do that

why can't i download this as an exe on my windows? that's lame yo!

pfSense with pfBlockerNG
hosts file is on your OS
uBlock Origin and uMatrix

>37711+ line hosts file
Doesn't that affect performance?

I was having a problem with shitty Intel drivers making x unusable until I solved the problem. I used lynx extensively

What are you going to do about text-based ads, user? Disable text?

Yes, OP, please disable text and let us be

The file has 39k lines in total and everything runs fine. I guess with 60k lines or more, there could be problems.

I don't think elinks works with cloudflare ssl certs

Neither is OP, he's just being a dumbass troll.

im not sure what that means but it sounds right

no im not

you can somehow but I forgot

i dont know what this means either but thanks

Nevermind, SSL errors were fixed last year. Elinks is fantastic for the few sites that are actually designed correctly. It even has built-in bittorrent and gopher support.

I use w3m from time to time when I'm working in the terminal and just need to look something up real quick