Sup Forums thoughts on OFWGKTA?

Sup Forums thoughts on OFWGKTA?

more like odd faggot

best band of the 2010s

Only people worthwhile that came out of them are Earl and Frank

They're personalities are top tier, I love their funny interviews on YouTube Tyler is a riot. That being said their music is alright to meh. Best thing they've done is Oldie

Oh wow really fucking creative

Tyler is clearly the genius of the whole thing, it is his idea anyway.

Tyler WAS a pretty good rapper, but has fallen into reusing lines, saying fuck as much as possible, and just becoming a caricature of himself rapping-wise. As a producer, he's top notch. Some call his sound "dated", but really his sound was dated the second it was released, it's the whole point. His cheap, ugly, jazzy production is the sound he carved out for himself, and it's great.

Earl is the best rapper of the group, but has become wholly uninteresting as he "matured" and got into "Deep topics" like addiction, when really he just upped his depressiveness and became more autobiographical. The unfortunate side effect of this; he's boring. He has nothing to talk about. Stans (fanboys for those who aren't familiar) will contest this, but that's because they are still young and cling to their idols like glue. IDLS was a boring, pretentious album, and Earl is at his best when he's telling outlandish stories, or at least not being whiny (Doris).

Frank is overrated by contrarians, who say he's "the talented one". Channel Orange is the same boring trite Earl's been making. He shined on Nostalgia Ultra.

Hodgy had great potential, but due to absolutely atrocious beat selection, lack of marketing, lack of buzz, lack of well-timed moves and releases, he is an actual d-list rapper. Blackenedwhite and YelloWhite are very solid internet-rap releases.

Left Brain seems to have had most of his talent sucked out of him. He was an INCREDIBLE producer in the blackenedwhite era, but has simply lost his touch.

Syd is talented, doesn't make music for people like me.

Mike G is a Z-lister, I don't think I know of anyone who still checks for him, ALI was also a very solid release

Domo is boring but he's probably the most consistent besides Tyler. That being said, Rolling papers was his best release

Matt Martians and the other guy are bretty cool.

Nice

OP here, thanks for that awesome reply!

I'm really finding that I'm liking a lot of Tyler's influences and songs he's sampled from. Watching a few interviews about his come up with loving outlandish soul/jazz/funk music is pretty inspiring and helps me find my way deeper into the rabbit hole of music alike. On the other hand, I'm still hoping for a album by Frank after all it's been 4 years since CO.

Music for white suburban hipsters who want to pretend to be black

If you look at it from the standpoint of a pretentious asshole who can't see inventive music at its origin, then yes.

If they want to be black, than they probably would listen to stuff that black people actually listen to. Odd Future is for white kids, and black kids who feel like white kids, thats who they are, and thats who they sell to.

sick dude

Without question the most edgy teen music created thus far

I just remember when Goblin dropped everyone on this board drooled over it and there were even discussions of Sup Forumscore status.

Now odd future is relatively popular and everyone hates it.

I always found most OF to be so-so. Earl's recent releases have been pretty nice though.

mu loved it 3 years ago when everyone was 16

their bandname looks like it should read OMGWTFA but it doesn't

Pretty alright. Lot of talent in the collective.

Tyler's coming off his best album in a direction I like.

Frank is good if he's still alive.

Earl is good.

I can see Domo blowing up and Casey Veggies already did if you count him.

Not really a fan of the aesthetic or older stuff tho.

>Earl

Who knows, maybe Frank will pull a Dangelo (on a smaller scale time and quality wise) and release his best album after so much time

when painting with dropped people called it AOTY
when bowie died people forgot he was a meme

you are no better than people who hate something because it's popular. get rid of yoiur trip Fafggot

hear this tangent:

>Earl's gonna put out a killer LP

>Tyler's gonna go on an epic rant about how Earl isn't a sunshine and rainbows snowflake like he is

>Tyler will lose his even most ultimate stans after he puts out another weak album, spends his time on gay T Shirts and losing friends to Earl

>His OF Carnival will be sucked dry of willing performers

>Tyler will slowly go broke

>Earl will win

anyone else think it's going that way?

cap this

>Frank is overrated by contrarians, who say he's "the talented one". Channel Orange is the same boring
you should have started with this, so i'd know to skip the rest because you clearly have no taste.

everyone in this thread is 12 years old but me

>64909699▶
damn

Hilarious. This board is a joke

Syd and Earl make the best music in the group though

This guy gets it.

Wtf happened with Mike G? He just sat in the back the entire time and let things happen.

OF is hipster shit. Tyler makes some good beats but he is the cringiest rapper. He is so fucking corny sometimes its almost unbelievable. Earl is cool i was never a huge fan though. Never saw the big deal about Frank Ocean either.

Earl was the only talented member, he went out to become the best rapper of the decade while the others stayed mediocre at best.