Why is she not as relevant as she used to be Sup Forums?

Why is she not as relevant as she used to be Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VtV2zT6lp1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>a product
>relevant
tok pek

has she ever been?

because her last album was only about half as good as her previous one

and actually she is relevant but no one believes me. although her last album wasnt particularly good, there's apparently david bowie's gonna die codes in it.

She is but she is niche as fuck now. She has die hard fans but she was on her way to being the next big popstar during the Born to Die era. I remember when I would hear Video Games and National Anthem on the radio, I don't think any of UV or Honeymoon made it onto the radio.

>there's apparently david bowie's gonna die codes in it
I was wondering what those lyrics meant, pretty weird tbqh.
>there's a man with cancer
>a famous man
>a musicIAN
>who was Ziggy Stardust
>he'll be dead soon
Really spooky looking back on it now.

>I don't think any of UV made it onto the radio.
Despite not being heavily promoted to radio in the United States at the time, "West Coast" debuted at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending May 3, 2014. It marked Del Rey's highest debut and her second-highest charting single on the chart, behind "Summertime Sadness" which peaked at number 6 in September 2013.

and I think the album in general was very well received rightfully so. Top ten 2014 easily.

Who?

Exactly UV is my favorite Lana work besides her odd B sides, but it's weird how she's just another artist who exists but I think she likes it better that way.

what songs does she say this?

WHAT ARE THE CODES?!?!

Space Oddity lyrics are in Terrence Loves You which seem very forced and out of place unless of course the entire song is literally about david bowie dying.

people knew

>her odd B sides
interesting I'll have to look into that.

idk if there are codes but I know on Terrence Loves You she imports some of Space Oddity

ill bite (You)

Black Dead Star

i am no longer biting

I mean they're just b-sides floating around there's no real collection

This is one of my favorite B-sides of hers

youtube.com/watch?v=VtV2zT6lp1g

I LOVE HER

Me too

>Lana references Space Oddity in Terrence Loves You
>David Bowie dies a few months later
>The NEXT SONG ON THE ALBUM, God Knows I Tried, references Hotel California
>Glenn Frey dies 8 days later
This woman knew things we did not..

>I mean they're just b-sides floating around there's no real collection
ah gotcha, I was prepared to spazz out.

what in the literal fuck

I dont wanna play anymore...

>on the album cover for Honeymoon, Lana is pictured sitting inside of a StarLine tour truck
>David Bowie releases Blackstar about 4 months later, dies shortly afterwards
>StarLine is based in California
>Eagles are best-known for their song Hotel California
>Glenn Frey dies just 8 days after Bowie
>StarLine has 8 letters in it
>there are multiple number 8's on the truck pictured on the album cover

I just noticed this

ok you're literally giving me an anxiety attack stop

...are there any other musicians mentioned on this album?

Really? Damn...

nah actually I was just kidding but that is really freaky/cool

i thought that was the jeb! campaign logo for a sec

YEAH YOUR NAME IS MENTIONED M8

o fugg :DDDDD i hobe death gums bainlessly and soon :DDDDD

She sing a little queen on the back end as well as covering Nina Simone

I mean, she's just as much a product as Beyonce or Taylor Swift. The only difference is that Lana del Rey has absolutely no talent to speak of

every couple of months i go into lana mode where shes the only thing i listen to for weeks then i forget about her

she was always an industry plant and manufactured as fuck

you're an idiot if you ever fell for the lana meme

whats your top ten of 2014

Shes not a plant

but she made good music

She's still relevant, but it's just that she's relevant with a more mainstream audience. So she's being covered by tabloid media as opposed to sites like pitchfork/ect/ect.

Same

what is a product

>he's not an economist

actually, a product is a marketing topic, not econ

Her music went downhill after Born to Die with some exceptions here and there. No one believes in her "act" anymore either. She is at her best when her songwriting is so pathetically overemotional and schmaltzy your poor heart can't fight it anymore.
Honeymoon focused too much on her influences which were always the selling point of her music, but never what made it stick with people.

When she tried mixing her baroque pop style with trap music and singing about weed was when I was done her act.

She's a performer....so what? Everyone knows that. You don't think Michael Gira or Björk or whoever Sup Forums loves, is performing?

her critics were totally right when they called her a fad. For some reason normies prefer her over much better aesthetically minded "art pop"

Lizzy doesn't give a fuck. She's a really genuine person so I'm not surprised she stays out of the spotlight sometimes. She also makes most of her money by playing private parties for sultans and the like, not throngs of tweens. She also avoids playing venues larger than 5,000 capacity, which could be seen as a limit on her commercial success.

>She also makes most of her money by playing private parties for sultans and the like
sores?

Source: I play with an artist that is booked by the same agencies as her

Same except i don't forget about her