How will Apple die?

Or are they too big to fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every minute an idiot is born.

That will give them a steady income

A thread died for this

By continuing making stupid design decision, losing their core audience and then the regular people. No company is too big to fail - Siemens, Nokia, Sony-Ericsson were fucking huge as well.

Thanks M$ shill

they're slowly dying, they only know how to do like 3 things and those are actually making the devices worse now.

>Or are they too big to fail?

Being too big to fail means their failure would entail serious consequences for regular people and the economy.

That doesn't apply to apple.

Apple is in healthcare now.
They're literally too big to fail.

>create more proprietary ports and dongles.

youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

This. If Apple disappears tomorrow, the entire world just switches to android phones and moves on.

If Windows or Linux disappears tomorrow, the entire world will be thrown into total chaos.

As an Apple user (go ahead, laugh), they’re absolutely going to die if they don’t boot Cook as soon as possible. It’d be a slow death thanks to the money they have in reserve, but it’s still inevitable at this point. My entire family have used Mac computers for design and publishing for over 30 years - I do own Windows machines but they’ve been used for niche things an Apple product wouldn’t support well like 3D modelling - but this is the first time, ever, I’ve considered a non-Apple machine as my main computer when my current five-year-old one finally kicks the bucket.

They need someone in charge who treats the product as something that can and will be used by a demanding professional niche again, and not fashion accessories for hipster soyim. I’m disgusted by most of their new products in terms of specification, lack of ports, choice of screens, etc. The only decent thing they’ve released recently is the Pencil.

>As an Apple user (go ahead, laugh)

i have the 2015 13" macbook pro, physically its a nice solid machine with a strong frame, a comfy screen, decent keys for a laptop, and a really nice touchpad
from what ive heard now though, apple is replacing keys with touchscreen bar things and nerfing the fuck out of ports
hearing a lot of bad things about the newer os updates, glad i never upgraded

>i have the 2015 13" macbook pro
My sincerest condolences that you spent $2000 for something worse than a $300 Acer.

Not the person you replied to, but I got a $1800 '15 13" rMBP for free from Amazon because I tricked them into thinking it never got delivered

i got it for $400 because a neighbor needed drug money, lol i'd never pay that much for a laptop no matter what specs it has
real work is done on my desktop

O B S E S S E D

>Forbes
dropped

literally a man taking a shit

There's no such thing as "too big to fail", Blackberry is a perfect example, Toys"R"Us another.
The only question is the question of how slow the continual decline will be.

Apple make some solid, basic products. However they don’t innovate anymore and are too heavily based around being a fashion product. Eventually younger more innovative companies will come along and offer something that Apple doesn’t. Just like Apple did with Microsoft in the past. It will happen with Google, Amazon too.

Even if none of the above is true the fashion argument is still relevant. For every culture there is a counter culture. Facebook was a culture of 30 year olds which young people rejected and moved towards snapchat. People will eventually reject Apple as a brand because it is ‘owned’ by another culture. Apple will still be around. It just won’t be ‘big’ anymore.

Apple has literally no other business areas to credibly lead on. Microsoft was awful in the 2000s but they’re midway through successfully transitioning themselves to a cloud services provider - a back bone for other companies to use. Apple has a useless photo backup service and watchstrap business to fall back on.

>Linux

>>Suprakek

Whatever that new, innovative company is I hope they pop up sooner rather than later and fill the hole Apple used occupy to for no-nonsense Adobe/Corel/etc machines that work flawlessly with Wacom products.

As long as web design continues to bootstrap for Mac and iOS, Apple will never fail.

Facebook/Twitter/Silicon Valley giants will keep it afloat, the same way Microsoft did years ago.