Be a percussion instructor at a high school

> Be a percussion instructor at a high school
> Were taking a short break
> A couple of the kids are talking about their gaming rigs
>casually talking about how their parents bought them a 1080 ti and threadrippers and other shit
>they don't even play any graphically intense games

Kids are so fucking spoiled now, when I was in high school I saved up forever for my rig, which is shit compared to what these fuckers got handed to them.

>poor people mad they're poor
Yawn

I have money to make a good pc, but that's because I'm an adult who has a job, not a spoiled little shit who gets handed shit for literally no reason.

Sup Forums - Boomer Stories

You forgot, this is the iFag generation now. My friend's brother literally bitched until he got an iPhone. He had an LG G5. I still use an S5, just because it still works good enough for me. It doesn't matter if someone spends $1400 to build a PC, when their parents will shill out for a $2000 Mac anyway

>kids are spoiled
amazing

>kids are spoiled
And this is the kids fault? It's the parents who buy them shit, kids asking for stuff isn't new. Complain about the parents buying them shit instead of the kids asking for it and unlike previous generations, actually getting it.

Nah man. Once you go through this complaining phase you must start seeing the benefit of this. Start new businesses aimed towards this market. Don't complaint, just look for oppotunity.

shut up you old coot
btw
>percussion instructor
lel

Are we supposed to feel bad for you?

Some kids got some computer equipment and you're jealous of them, okay.

This unironically is implicitly the path all businesses take, taking advantage of modern consumerist lazy parenting, but it will harm society far more than any possible profit gained from it.

>be op
>angry because 10yr old normie has iphone x
>go to Sup Forums and shitpost about how i am angry my parents raised me better than spoiled brats

This.
Who the fuck needs to be taught percussion

White people. Everyone else figures it out because it's obvious.

Yeah, for sure. This shit's innate.

I had to work for my first GPU. It was a voodoo 2000 (motherboard only had pci slots).

>voodoo
newfag

My first GPU was Trident 8900.

How many kids did you diddle?

>rig

This kid has a better rig than you.

My kids will be damned lucky to even get a flip phone until they are fucking 18 and buy something nicer for themselves.

I may even just make them deal with one of those neutered emergency calls only kids phone models too. Also I have 6 figure income.

The simple answer to spoiled little bastards is don't raise spoiled little bastards.

My kids will get the highest end hardware and smart glasses for recording their salty poorfag class mates, so I can feed off their sweet poorfag tears

There has always been spoilt rich kids, do you think every kid has a 1080ti because they want one?

I remembered a girl bought a 1080ti just to play the sims 4 on a regular 1080p screen.

My son is 9 now and when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he told me he wanted a good soccer ball. We'd been talking about him getting a Gameboy or something a year earlier and now he says he and his friends don't play vidya.
I hope he stays the course.

im from a poor country, but all of the kids in my moms class ( she is a teacher ) are spoiled as fuck and literally dont even wait for change whenever they pay for something, they dont care about anything whatsoever and it is entirely parents fault

Damn, I envy you. Also, checked!

For me it was the opposite:

>teach class with 14 y/o children for one week
>they always take about games
>"what is that game you are talking about?"
>kids show me a stupid smart phone game
>tell me about how they watch youtube channels about that game
>tell me about the current league of that game, and """pro payers"""

What the hell is wrong with the kids today? At least I played play something decent with complex gameplay instead of wasting your time with point-and-click shit. Today it's all about flashy effects and shit gameplay, no time for thinking or understanding rules..

Bet you didn't even have to save your lunch money to geat a new Cyrix

I can't tell if this is an intentional pun or not but that just makes it better.

> Being so young and naive that you think making fun of people because of finances is cool.

Tell your mom n dad I said hello

Lil' chad

>casually talking about how their parents bought them a 1080 ti and threadrippers and other shit
>they don't even play any graphically intense games

this is what happened to me
my dad bought me a 1080 and i use it to play vic2
i should start mining monero

Back I my day I played Half-Life 2 with the graphics constantly crashing and I enjoyed it!

I remember having to get a job and saving forever to upgrade my..
Shitty dell prebuilt with a gtx 460 in it in highschool
> Friends parents bought them 560s, phenom ii x4 or i7s
> Tfw 460 and phenom i x4 bottleneck of the century

Hear hear

>Heh... These kids don't even know that I could slice them in two before they blinked

You are the type of parents responsible for creating retarded summer kids that shit up every board on here because they don't know know how the internet works.

complex gameplay like what? mario? ok grandpa

>>casually talking about how their parents bought them a 1080 ti and threadrippers and other shit
They are most likely bragging to their friends and outright lying. Kids lie all the time.

Pretty sure Mario is a lot harder than most app games

Yep.

Go drink some bleach shit for brains.

As opposed to the kids like you that shit up the board because you're mentally retarded?

Your kid will be fucked up because they will always feel left out when they see their classmates talk about whatever happened in some random group chat they weren't invited to because they don't have the app. This whole "kids should pay for their own shit" mentality is retarded, kids can't work until they're 14-16 (depending on the local laws), and they already spend almost as much time in school + doing homework as the average person working a full time job (t. someone working a full time job who was also a kid at one point). Yeah, sure, don't spoil them, but that doesn't mean you should pretend to be poor. Just give them money for doing work around the house/getting good grades.

>I saved up forever for my rig, which is shit compared to what these fuckers got handed to them.
kek

>reeeeee

I agree. Still a kid doesn't have to have an iPhone, or access to social networks and the internet in general. Just get them the latest videogame console or something if they get good grades (or a bicycle, ball, whatever they want)
If your kid can access Sup Forums you are already a shitty parent.

>Trident 8900
What a piece of shit, my first card was a 9440, was miles ahead of yours and still I would never be proud of it.
My first real GPU was an ATI 3D Rage Pro, that was cool. (I had bought a second hand Rage XL with my savings before that, but it never worked in my old computer for some reason).

>Still a kid doesn't have to have an iPhone, or access to social networks and the internet in general
This just isn't true desu if you want your kid to be a turbo autist with no friends and depression like half of us on here then go ahead dont let them use social media and fit in. They dont need to be spolied and have all the newest things but they atleast need to be relavent with the other kids which in current times is social media and snapchat and stuff

I know plenty of people who have lots of friends and go out and do NOT use social networks, sure they have whatsapp but that is it, its just an enhanced version of the sms.
If adults can kids can too.
It's absolutely disgusting to let kids have a Facebook, if they are turbo autists it's because you are a shit parent not because they don't use social networks, retard.

And I was given a computer when I was 2, with an upgrade every year until I was 21.

Now that I'm older I can't afford a good rig, but I don't have the time to game either, so it all works out. No reason to moan about kids having fun.

>envious

the same shit told my parents and the same shit told my parents about their parents. You are a loser virgin man child and you are envious of little kids. Eat a tasty snickers

Kids don't use social media anymore boomer

This desu

Yes, it is, unless you're retarded

>percussion instructor
>kids are spoiled

t. no-groove soy pianist

I guess that really did hurt.

Around 1995-1996. Be me at 12, no computer at home. Buy shitty old computer at garage sale for parts and test very old os. Finally get something to run with low/mid performance after selling parts and offer to format system to people who can't do it themselves for little money. One day my dad sit next to me in the garage and show interest of what i'm doing. 2 days later he tell me we go the to computer shop and buy a brand new pentium 2 333mhz. At home with the new computer he goes in his bedroom and return with his top of the line laptop (black and grey laptop would love to remember what model )and help me setting up the new pentium tower.

He was in the know of what I was trying to do but let me work by myself to understand the basics of it.
Don't have the original case but still have the p2 processor somewhere in my basement.

BACK IN MY DAY THINGS WERE WORSE
WHY ARE THINGS BETTER NOW
communism btw

gyk (gas yourself kike)

nothing wrong with being envious