Retro Sup Forums thread...go!

Retro Sup Forums thread...go!

>the dreaded blue barrel battery
Should be cut off and thrown away immediately before it's too late.

Heat sink your C64's chips, it will do a lot to help preserve them. This guy reports that he got the temperatures of his to drop by almost 20 degrees from heat sinking them.

> tfw

This is good info.
Also don't use the original PSU. Ever. At least replace the 5V rail if you do.

Good timing with the thread OP. I just finished restoration on my Osborne 1.

It's not their fault that they are made to die... don't bully

Ancient shit user

post pics faggot

> TFW you were too late

You're the user who found a Executive at a yard sale?

Aye, I also found on the side of the road. I went and knocked on the door to see what else might have been about. These had been sitting just inside the open doorway of a shed for 10 years. Sitting outside around the corner were the tape, CPU and line print modules of an NCR 8400 mainframe to go with them, just fucking rusted to shit. Couldn't bring myself to take a photo, was too angry at the toothless redneck fuck who left them out amongst his rusted out cars because he was "just waiting for the right buyer".

Cunt.

These cleaned up but the boards will basically need a complete rebuild. Not sure what to do with them at this point.

>Sitting outside around the corner were the tape, CPU and line print modules of an NCR 8400 mainframe to go with them, just fucking rusted to shit.
Holy balls, that's some sad shit.
The monitors look nice though.

Got my dads Amiga 500 repaired a few years back (found it up my grandmothers, they aren't dead or anything though).

One of these motherfuckers had completely fucked the traces on the trapdoor ram.

Remove it NOW user

fuck wrong thread

man i wish i had isa

that thing is badass