youtube.com/watch?v=Kuyx1vNv1NM
youtube.com/watch?v=behZFn07GlE
youtube.com/watch?v=oDuPayZLfqU
youtube.com/watch?v=mFDcTRVnzYY
youtube.com/watch?v=cImvoCL_Sbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=dbOVB8EhdGY

new gbv is fucking awesome

I Robert Pollard occasionally, I'm a bigger fan of his bandmate Chris Slusarenko's mid 90's endevours like Sprinkler and Svelt though.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Cl-grAJlt8

Think that's the first time anyone has ever said that.

Not dissing or being sarcastic either.

This is one of his greatest songs ever.

uncle bob literally shits out songs

Favorite GBV album? Mine is Propeller.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tikguGJKxo

I don't even consider Bob by albums, I just know he has 500+ amazing songs and jam the fuck out to my playlist of them

And he hardly even considers albums, as he arbitrarily assigns the GBV moniker as he pleases and often uses songs that date back to a decade ago for new albums, etc.

How does it compare to the new one? I'm not really familiar with them but I love the new one.

I honestly disliked the new one. Only 2 or 3 songs that really sparked my interest (the opener, Zodiac Companion, was especially good, I'll give it that). I just can't get into anything Pollard has done over the last few years.

Propeller is right up there with their best works though. You should listen to it.

If you like the new one, here are songs that I feel are comparable

youtube.com/watch?v=EJh7e6Z7x-8 (That dark, menacing feel of lots of Please Be Honest)

youtube.com/watch?v=gZUCYmtLYvI (Hotel X's father)

youtube.com/watch?v=pj5kZ-y7qwc (Same exact studio, same all Pollard doing instruments)

youtube.com/watch?v=M5Up6ZroiFg (Similar to My Zodiac Companion)

awesome thanks

np, nice quads as well

lemme know what you think of any of the songs if ya get a chance

FUCK YEAH

youtube.com/watch?v=1PFlJ0hapXM

youtube.com/watch?v=6HKCwYjt5eY

youtube.com/watch?v=5F_VVykmN1g

youtube.com/watch?v=9U5BWlCBNS0

youtube.com/watch?v=sLpBrPQdJgg

youtube.com/watch?v=9DVhZLvyDuk

youtube.com/watch?v=AWWbQ6PI6Ng

youtube.com/watch?v=wl1965lkmTA

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJBUZc2AYM

Probably, his bands only released an EP and an album each. I listen to them quite often though, rare to come across anyone that even knows about his stuff. I like a lot of the sub-pop portland shit from that time, like Pond and Hazel.

All I know is this song, because the video was featured in a GBV DVD

youtube.com/watch?v=Kuyx1vNv1NM

Here's some Sprinkler for ya then

*stupid computer making me look dumb*
youtube.com/watch?v=behZFn07GlE

underrated

I have to admit they didnt particularly do anything for me but I am admittedly a dilettante. I enjoyed them well enough though.

check these out

To be honest when I first heard most of my now favorite Bob songs, they did nothing for me at first

From here, I'd just suggest downloading their greatest hits album, probably really loving 4-5 songs from, then slowly realizing you actually like 10+ songs from, then realizing you actually love the whole thing then diving into his discography for the next two years

Thanks! Checking it out

ok in for later

I just started the new one.

I fucking loved those three solo songs. Some pretty interesting guitar sounds on that first one.

>I'd just suggest downloading their greatest hits album
I just listened from the post above but I loved things I will keep

HEY LISTEN
except for that shit with his drummer
kinda pissses me off

fuck these guys on stage not helping him out
definition of shit

Agreed. Mag Earwhig was the last truly transcendential GBV album that , in my opinion, but Isolation Drills still rocks. Such an improvement over Do the Collapse.

Do the Collapse is bad, but it has some merit.

youtube.com/watch?v=oDuPayZLfqU

Been listening to Same Place The Fly Got Smashed a lot lately. Really great album(their first great one IMO) but fuck me, I thought Vampire On Titus was depressing enough and Same Place makes that album sound upbeat by comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFDcTRVnzYY

youtube.com/watch?v=cImvoCL_Sbs

Definitely. I personally love Mushroom Art, Zoo Pie, Surgical Focus. Liquid Indian isn't that great, but I saw them start a show with that at the Crocodile Cafe and it was amazing live. It's still a pretty weak GBV album.

Great album. It's not as consistent as the albums they would go on to make, but the songs that are good are sooo good. Actually, I probably like it as much as Vampire and Propeller.