Don't mine me, just pirating this dollar bill. Just making a copy, so it's not like I'm hurting anybody, right?

Don't mine me, just pirating this dollar bill. Just making a copy, so it's not like I'm hurting anybody, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody cares about piracy, try Sup Forums instead.

>pirating

Except the value of money depends on the amount there is, unlike digital products, you fucking retard
Shit thread, kill yourself, you're a fucking idiot

An independent agency that produces useless things that are worthless without state violence to back up their value is a really good analogy for proprietary software, yes.

Software is not currency, they’re not comparable. If it was unlimited food or clothing it would be a more responsibility to share, and we can make unlimited copies of software.

That's (((illegal))) by the government. At least in my country the jews allow downloading pirated media.

>unlike digital products

Wrong. If anyone could easily get intellectual property for free, there would be no incentive to create any

Funny you'd say that on a board mostly dedicated to FOSS.

FOSS is inherently shit.

14 year old thumbnail bug still not fixed.

Creation of IP is a natural consequence of humanity. It is only the Capitalist dominators who wish to own and control such an infinite bounty.

>pirating
>piracy
>pirated media
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy

>intellectual property
The term “intellectual property” carries a hidden assumption—that the way to think about all these disparate issues is based on an analogy with physical objects, and our conception of them as physical property.

When it comes to copying, this analogy disregards the crucial difference between material objects and information: information can be copied and shared almost effortlessly, while material objects can't be.

Indeed! It's only when you take it to a shop - and thus consciously lie about its origins, as the shopkeeper assumes it was issued by your country's currency issuer - when it becomes morally wrong. Just making a copy of a dollar bill and keeping it for oneself doesn't hurt anyone - it only hurts when you use it for personal gain, such as if you were selling pirated software at a bazaar.

>. If anyone could easily get intellectual property for free, there would be no incentive to create any

so why does youtube exist?

Gonna pirate this thread too.

>what is Bitcoin

The dollar bill art is not copyright protected and public domain.
Copying it isn't piracy.

>just pirating this dollar bill.
lmao

Might want to try an more financially based forum if you want to talk about counterfeiting.
>kek lets make a thread and try and annoy some people by comparing copyright infringement to counterfeiting!
-_-

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, unauthorized copying, or as I've recently taken to calling it, unauthorized sharing. Piracy is not the act of obtaining an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, but rather robbery or criminal violence at sea.

Many computer users make unauthorized copies every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the act which is widely performed today is often called piracy, and many of the people who do it are not aware that it is basically copying, and not stealing.

There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea. Piracy is an act of theft: an action at sea in which goods are forcefully transferred from one ship to another. Piracy is important to be aware of, but unrelated to unauthorized copying; it can only function at sea. Piracy is normally not used in combination with unauthorized copying: the two acts are basically seperate. All the so-called piracy is really unauthorized copying.

FED kikes, ECB twats and the stinky japs are printing money too and no one gives a shit.

FUCK YOU IN THE ASS, OP

the (((federal reserve))) pirates money all the time. government has no problem when gods chosen people do it.
People will come up with ideas no matter what you fucking idiot.

This shit again.

Physical Objects != Digital Information

Physical objects can have owners.
Information must be free to share.

If you dont use that bill then there is not problem. Just like videogames, if you dont sell the copy then there is not problem.

Are you on a ship?
Did you rob that bill from a french cargo freighter and are you now writing your name on it?

>Don't mine me
>mine
İs this subtle crypto shilling?

>pirate dollar bill
>buy items with that money
>help economy and people that made things you bought
i'm ok with this go ahead

It wouldn't actually help the economy. It'd end up like how 1 trillion zimbabwe dollars are worth like 1 american dollar.
That's also why it's a false equivalence since pirated software doesn't devalue it since it's for personal use and not distrubution.

You are talking about forging a legal document

Solely for advertising. Name me one actually really great channel on YouTube.

Primitive Tech

>the value of money depends on the amount there is
Not linearly though. Study more.

A dark market instrument to sell drugs, fake passports, and weapons?

Is a movie not a legal movie?

pretty sure pirating doesn't involve an skilled artisan painstakingly making a faithful copy of anything

since no one else in the thread said it, I will.
You're right OP, downloading cracked software IS unethical.

But the truth is that I, and everyone else, simply doesn't care. Cracked software is often better than the legitimate versions, so it creates an incentive not to pay. If I can pick between paying for a drm locked game or getting a drm free game for no cost at all, I would go for the latter option every single time.
Complain all you want, but I just don't care. I feel the same way about ads. I don't care how unobtrusive they become, even if it's just text on the side of a page I will block them simply because I can.

>buying black market goods with buttcoin
>2013+5
shiggy, my dude

>entitlement in a nutshell