There is absolutely no reason to run any other distro besides Ubuntu. prove me wrong

there is absolutely no reason to run any other distro besides Ubuntu. prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

fossbytes.com/ubuntu-data-collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>systemd
/thread

I mean you can almost run any distro you want and end up being able to do what you want
Personally I can't afford great tech so I like lighter distros.

computers are just great though, what amazing tools that have bettered our lives.

>AUR
/thread

Well Xubuntu is superior, lighter, looks better and isn't full of Amazon bloat.

Post neofetch, I wanna see how much a full install takes up.

ubuntu won’t install on my tablet pc, gentoo works perfectly.

>GNOME

true if you need to be productive, but no one on Sup Forums needs that

Not OP, but fresh Ubuntu 17.10 is 1.1GB on launch. That's actually slightly more than Windows 8.1.

Is that a joke? Windows 8 is like 20gb

>1.1Gb on launch

RAM use on startup, who actually gives a shit about disk space

Ram usage you brainlet

People who download distros.

are you actually retarded or on drugs?

cool response man

This is neo-Sup Forums, what do you expect?

Kekd hard

....the ubuntu GUI tracks user activity and reports it back to cannonical. it's literally a botnet

>prove me wrong

rate my Ubuntu

there is absolutely no reason to run Ubuntu instead of other distros. prove me wrong.

Its very solid but I like having access to the AUR rather than foraging for debs or ppas whenever I want something outside of Ubuntu's repos.

it's just a better debian with third-party software support

I prefer Kubuntu myself since I find KDE comfy.

>Not running LTS
openSUSE Tumbleweed because rolling.
GUI configuration and snapshots are a nice bonus.

>2018
>1.1GB bloat
>cannot afford more ram
>not using swap

kek

i much more prefer global menu with maximized hidden titlebar than those 500MB of RAM more

how stable is ubuntu bionic beaver?

I haven't had any issues
it might be less stable if you use a DE, bpswm and xorg really doesn't change that much

There's no fucking reason to use Ubuntu, it's trash.

i feel like this ubuntu meme has misled me at the beginning when i was just discovering what linux is
kind of like the way windows ruins you, perversing your idea of what an operating system and software in general are, what they should do and what they should be.

>any year
>using 1.1GB to run a nonconfigurable nonfunctional retarded DE

enjoy your smelly foot

fossbytes.com/ubuntu-data-collection

other distros don't nearly brick my motherboard

ubuntu is officially a botnet now. Besides, things tend to break every now and then.

This data are ok, and amazon could be removed easy.

Systemd, botnet analytics, and it's the windows of Linux

Linux is a kernel.

there is nothing wrong with it

>and it's the windows of Linux

wat

That's the distro that gives me the most trouble, unlike manjaro, which just works and doesn't fuck itself up

and why would you like it to customize? do you need to open 10 programs in 1 second and use tilling wm so that you can see "optimally" 5 windows opened at the same time?

B o t n e t

>telemetry
>systemd
>GNOME

>and why would you like it to customize

why do I need to install 10 extensions to make it barely usable because vanilla gnome is the most retarded DE ever made? is that your question?

ubuntu MATE is my go to for a just werkz OS, especially because you can just add a couple of PPAs for software that isn't in the repos/isn't updated and you have all the functionality of an arch setup with minimal headache.
The install fucking blows ass on all debian based distros though, and the only option you get if you want to use dmcrypt with LUKS is just a / and swap partition. I like having my /home on a separate partition too but whatever.
Overall fedora, arch and gentoo are better distros but ubongo mate and xubuntu are great. Fucking regular ubuntu though.

I can prove you wrong.
apt-get

>systemd-resolved exploit
>/tmp race condition local root swept under the rug
>allows redhat to force their shit on every other distro
>gobbles up EVERYTHING
>1 million lines of C code is bound to be full of exploits
there's plenty wrong with it

>tells us about botnet in ubuntu
>use deepin distro
Ok m8

homogeneity

>>telemetry
Anonymous data, a good thing, this will make Ubuntu the most stable distro
>systemd
Standar, only niche DEs still doesn't have it
>GNOME
The standar Linux DE

How about any distro that doesn't have an automatic uplink to an evil corporation (canonical in this case)?

Go for Linux Mint if you want an out of the box experience.

unity works best of all DE, all I need it global menu and hiding top bar when minimized. Idc about looks lol...

actually there is absolutely no reason to run any distro

This. A real man builds his operating system from scratch.

Can u post this wallpaper please?

>sudo apt install XFCE
oh look at that I installed xubuntu hahaa

I miss Unity

tell me more about it

Linux dweebs arguing about which DE is the best are like medieval monks arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin while the vikings are bashing the monastery door down

So deep

You're right. I feel you don't belong here, on the asshole of the internet. You belong to a place, where intellectuals gather. A cleaner place. A better place. Reddit

When I have 16GB of RAM n my laptop, and most of the memory usage is in disk caching, it's perfectly reasonable.

crysis

Ubuntu can play Crysis

You can install unity back onto 17.10 and probably 18.4 when it is released.
It will be on life support until 16.04 goes EOL

No, it can't

>there is absolutely no reason to run any other distro besides Ubuntu. prove me wrong.
The versions of a bunch of libraries I use are usually old and outdated in the repo, and if I wanted to compile everything from source my self I wouldn't be using an officially supported distro.

Yes, it can.

Install Gentoo.

Every one likes different things. That's why there are so many. And thats a good thing. I use ubuntu cuz it just works and debain doesn't work with with my Lenovo dock so everyone has a different reasons for using different distros.

DEBIAN UNSTABLE + Cinnamon

The official versions are. I.e. unity and shitty gnome remix. Something like kubuntu or the ubuntu gnome are clean.

If you're going to use bloat, go all the way

debian stripped of systemd + any WM

the ONLY reasonable choice

>ubuntu MATE
Does it come with the Amazon Shit? Do all the Chubuntu flavors have it?

How are people still asking this? It was a few old versions of Unity.

> Doesn't answer the question

I did.

Ubuntu ships broken software.
I don't like that.

the purple and orange is ugly
the bar on the side is ugly

i hate unity

No only the ones that come right from ubuntu.com so the mate kde and gnome (not ubuntu gnome. Gnome gnome) are all clean from the other systemd.

17.10 ships experimental software. Go to an LTS

I really like this post

Brick your motherboard? Are you high.

Bump

17.10 bricked a bunch of laptops and some OEM desktops.

I don't like having my data sent to Canonical and Amazon ;) If you like running Lindows be my guest, I'll stick with Solus

You mean Amazon OS? What's that icon on the left with the "a" on it?

It seems so. I prefer Debian stable over an Ubuntu LTS.

running Lubuntu thanks to my netbook which came with a Celeron processor, 2 GB RAM (which they claim cannot be upgraded), and Win 8.1 preinstalled.

any bloatware i should remove for sure?

kidding right

no. i dont mind lubuntu. are you suggesting i install xubuntu instead, and if so why?

Kys yellow fever niggas

0/10

Why would I install that on my Macbook Air?

>HOW TO MAKE TERMINAL LOOK LIKE THAT
>PIC RELATED IS MY INFERIOR BRAND

I honestly couldn't be comfier with my setup, I have everything I could ever want, and if I wanna game I just boot into Win 10.
Gnubuntu offers simplicity, whilst also giving me enough flexibility to change the system exactly to how I want it. Problems are rare, but the OS is well-documented and supported

>shill me a distro I'll prefer to this, I dare you