Is programming becoming a low-respect thing? I mean, only nu-males are losers are programmers

Is programming becoming a low-respect thing? I mean, only nu-males are losers are programmers.

There's more "low end" programming jobs, maybe. But the top of the food chain still makes a lot of money as always.

i sort of like it that way to be honest.
normalfags seem far from into programming. so its one of those cultures that havent been completely invaded by a storm of cancer.

Yes

it's just another soon to be automated field. in another 10 years computers will be generating their own code. all you'll need to do is say something like "computer generate code for a tcp socket connection"

Programming salaries cannot maintain where they are at currently. You'll see a swing down to the average middle class income over the next 1-2 decades.

Programming belong to nerd sphere, webdev get more social programming just happens new insecure bootcamp graduates need attack old programmer as way feel safe, Muh low level,Muh mathematics

then how would you do anything new?

>Its another americuck programmer thinks programmers are treated as bad as he is in other parts of the world

If you live in a first world country and now what you are doing you'll not only be making the big bucks but you'll also no be anywhere as low as american code-monkeys.

That's because tech is for nerds, not for fucking blood boys.

>computers will be generating their own code

Who is going to create these computers then.

Pajeets and chinks will take over the world.

>programming becoming a low-respect thing

Have you lived under a rock your entire life? Programming has always attracted the social outcasts and outliers. Its only in recent history (think 10-12) years that it has attracted the hipster types that think its a free meal ticket. If you're merely doing mobile apps and web junk, it is in a sense a free meal ticket.

>programming
>big bucks

I suppose its relative. 60-80k in a small town/third world country isn't too bad, but in a big city, you'll be barely scrapping by.

Sure buddy, you must be laughing your ass of thinking about those losers while flipping burgers.

If I could make 60-80k where I live (rural Ohio) I would be set for life. How do I get a good paying job?

Korean Children

What part of rural Ohio user? I'm also in Ohio.

>muh automatic code
>testing and debugging it will take more time
No gains here.

In next episode: user claims that programming libraries will make programming obsolete.

Northwest

I love how some people believe this. Makes it obvious they can't code themselves and don't understand what programmers do.

Programming has been automated ever since the first compiler was made. No one codes in machine language anymore. Programmers just work at higher and higher levels of abstraction becoming more and more productive over time.

There's more web development work needed now than there ever was for assembly language though, which is surely a good thing for professional programmers.

When AI tech becomes widespread there'll still need to be people to tell it what to do. Those people will be programmers. This is because the only reason for any system to exist (AI or otherwise) is for it to serve the needs of people.

Most "Programming" work is social work anyway, teasing out some vaguely logical system (requirements gathering) from idiots with money in order to separate them from it.

Ever heard of inflation?

I guess I am somewhere in the middle.
>only social media is Sup Forums
>doesn't have time for girls
>pale skin
>implements my own great ideas I get overnight
>could profit more, but am okay for now
>People consider me successful
>I consider myself stressed.

Other computers dummy.

There is tremendous variation in programming ability in the general population today. Most people cannot program at all. Programming is a highly desired and therefore profitable skill. Until that changes, programmers will earn more than the average Joe.

what is this nu-male meme?

American programming salaries are the highest in the world, and they will only get higher as we kick out more and more pajeets.

>pale creamy
>disgusting skin
pick one pajeet

Good goy. You need the high pay for your expensive new mercedes, you need to buy a new smartphone every year right, pay high rent and so on which all indirectly supports israel and capitalists

/thread

Yes, however at some point (if the higher-and-higher-levels-of-abstraction keeps going higher) we'll reach a "what's a programmer?" situation

>becoming

I got bad news user

>becoming

is thqt OP lepper gnome?

Basically always has been.

If you don't like it:

bullshit

Dunno, I can afford my own luxury apartment in the South Bay on my salary, so it sounds like my skills are pretty well-respected.

Good thing I'm not a programmer.

I'm a Code Artisan

Why would you need respect if you have money?

My brother just got hired for 80k in Michigan. I pulled in 140k this year in Indiana.

I live in a third world country and I'm about to go to college
I have a java book I bought some time ago laying around but I never bothered to pick it up
should I try learning java and maybe C? I don't feel there's another job that I'll like more than programming since it's in the field I like(and I'll do CS in college) but it seems now is a good time to start learning

code monkeys gon code monkey bruh.
it's fitting though considering 99.999999% of programmers are autistic low IQ Dunning-Kruger faggots

Spotted the street shitter.

Nice ironically incoherent sentence

Dumb bitch lasaga

I'm more of a Bit Flipper

Do you poo in loo?

That's a bit of a straw man there. What are you even trying to communicate here? People respect the person, not what they do. Perhaps the problem is with your lack of self esteem and not your career choices.

code monkeys are the bottom of the chain in game development

Do it faggot

If you could tell a computer to program something, couldn't you ask it to program a better version of itself? Then by applying this process over and over you could eventually get a computer so smart that it can make any job obsolete.

>couldn't you ask it to program a better version of itself
When you figure that out I'll get worried bud.

code monkey detected

That's his point

Automation and engineering is where all the alpha tech people are at, programming is left for monkeys and indians

>indians
hey fuck you buddy
im ok being called a monkey but dont fucking go there

>so its one of those cultures that havent been completely invaded by a storm of cancer.
I like you. You are my friend.

>i-i don't mind being cucked out of money and healthy social interaction, b-but at least there aren't any sjw normies here!

Kill yourself. Genuinely kill yourself. You're objectively worthless and can easily be replaced by some pajeet who is actually social.

>richfag doesn't know the value of money
If I made 60k here (rural central OK) I'd be living the high life.

>user makes reasonable posts
>strawman him as a Sup Forums shitposter
not sure what kind of retard you are

coding vs hardware?

>poorfag doesn't know the value of money
60k is only like 10k above average national salary

ya, I do.

settling for garbage is what's killing the world and why should nameless corporate owners, seeking to endlessly cut costs as far down as possible, be allowed to be rich?

you're like those butthurt sports fans against "overpayed players" when the owners are making like billions compared to multi-millions in the best case.

But do you deploy your code with user?

I can pivot to Data Scientist or DevOps with my skill set, which one is more profitable nowadays?

You're fucking retarded. 50k is the median avg household income

That still makes 60 only 10 over. That's like starting for some people