What's the deal with Mobike?

It seems like a really handy service, but I'm sceptical over phone payments, geolocation, the 'Mobike score' (see the FAQ), and the fact that the company's Chinese.

mobike.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mobike.com/uk/privacy
mobike.com/us/privacy
businessinsider.com.au/dockless-bicycles-are-trashing-sydney-and-melbourne-streets-and-rivers-2017-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Geolocation can be a deal-killer for some people but that's how they track bike thefts. Same with the score system; it's there to ensure you park correctly. Phone payments are just how Chinese do things these days; they have the biggest mobile payment system in the entire world.

haaaahahaha these shit things end up thrown in water canals where I live
and I saw one bike that was sawn apart, someone really wanted the seat, wheels and handlebars

Ive heard bout these from feienss who went to china.

How is the tariff there? Do they charge you per hour? And how much can I expect to pay for that service on a daily basis?

Which african shithole do you live in?

ubuntu

10~15 cents every 30 min depending on model. But you'll have to make a rather sizable deposit (~$50) beforehand.

Some taxi/uber drivers are very unhappy about those things as it competes directly with them on small distance trips

These things have become a nuisance in China. After enduring decades of communism the Chinese have no respect for anything that is considered public property. They dump these things all over the street, take parts to fix their own bikes or collect them for scrap metal. It doesn't help that in the Chinese tradition of copying everyone else there are a tonne of different companies pumping out these cheap bikes clogging up the streets.
The Chinese government has begun banning them in certain areas and dumping them in mass bike graveyards. The things are so cheap to make and the companies only care about scamming investors that nobody comes to retrieve them.

kys

>normal people receive competition
>"fuck, i need to step up my game or i'm fucked!"
>taxi drivers receive competition
>riots, property theft/destruction, lobbying for competition to be legislated out of existence
every time. why? is it because they're all immigrants?

I'm in the UK and it's 50p per 30 minutes, with a £1 deposit. Does the size of the deposit reflect how well the city treats the bikes?

Take a look at their privacy policy. It all sounds dodgy as fuck.
mobike.com/uk/privacy
mobike.com/us/privacy

>The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), such as China and Singapore, which may have a weaker level of data protection than the EEA
>Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk.

Chilean taxi drivers did riots too and they are mestizos from mapuche and spaniard.
I bet that simply both are apes.

>Chink bicycles.

When the German company which operates city bikes was out of service last year, some Chink company attempted to start their business in the city I live in. They were 0/10, would not recommend, they were too small for any non asian adult, had crazy deposit and their website was done in google translate with parts untranslated. I'm glad Germans are back.

Like in the picture related.

>central europe can into public bicycles and cars, usa can't, why?

TAKE MY MONEY AND DATA NOW!

>he German company which operates city bikes

Isn't that simply the Deutsche Bahn? I have not seen other rentable bikes.

it's poland

Can the government do better?

people would just drop them wherever their destination is without putting them back, and nogs would steal them

australia
people here are absolutely feral

businessinsider.com.au/dockless-bicycles-are-trashing-sydney-and-melbourne-streets-and-rivers-2017-9

I've never seen an immigrant driving a taxi here in Italy and they protest(ed) fiercely against Uber, bike sharing, and anything that might hurt their profits.
The licenses required by law to be a taxi driver are artificially limited by cities, unions, and the mafia.