The definitive ranking of Ween's studio albums:

The definitive ranking of Ween's studio albums:

9. La Cucaracha (2007) - This album just sucks. Sounds like the fucking Vengaboys. You can tell they are losing steam at this point.

8. 12 Golden Country Greats (1996) - Nothing terribly wrong with this album, it just feels like they made this record just because they could. Doesn't feel like much effort was put into the songs with the exception of a few like 'Help Me Scrape the Mucus off My Brain' and 'You Were the Fool.' Best part: Only 30 minutes long.

7. GodWeenSatan: The Oneness (1990) - There are some gems on this one, but a lot of it is just bullshit for the sake of being bullshit. And this goes on for over an hour, with a few great songs sprinkled in there. Worth a listen, but not much else.

6. Pure Guava (1992) - Some really catchy tunes on this one. Their songwriting ability has greatly improved by this point. The album loses me with a few unnecessarily noisy or annoying tracks, but it's still a pretty decent album.

5. The Pod (1991) - This album is deliberately alienating, much like Pure Guava, but it doesn't give me a headache. There's also a bunch more catchy tunes on this one than their follow-up. 'Demon Sweat', 'Sorry Charlie', and 'Pork Roll Egg & Cheese' don't even seem to belong on this album they're so good. Could be a bit shorter, but overall a solid album.

4. White Pepper (2000) - The band's "Beatles" record. A lot of great songs one after another on this record. It starts to lose steam near the end a bit with songs like 'Pandy Fackler' and 'Stay Forever.' Probably the group's most accessible album. Good album overall.

[cont.]

3. Chocolate & Cheese (1994) - Ween's first great album. The production has been vastly improved since their last effort. Not a song wasted on this album. Everything on this record is unique, fun, and memorable. There's also a few serious breaks on this album which catch you off guard. The album keeps you guessing until the end. A few of the songs go on a bit too long, but it doesn't really harm the album much. Overall, a great album. Worth a buy.

2. The Mollusk (1997) - This thing is short, sweet, and to the point. There's not a song wasted on this thing. Not much to complain about; 'Pinkeye on My Leg' gets old real fast, though. I've found myself listening to this album the most out of all of Ween's catalogue because of how fun it is. Arguably their best effort, but not quite.

1. Quebec (2003) - Ween gets real. Nobody was in a good mood making this record and it shows. The songs range from goofy to dark and everything in between. The album doesn't really have any low points, every song is great. Much like 'Chocolate & Cheese' the album keeps you guessing with it's wide range of genre and subject matter. This album takes a more serious turn after 'Happy Colored Marbles' but the emotional heft of the record is felt from start to end. A surprising effort from the duo. Best Ween album by far.

Ween is a gay little "variety" band that can't make good music.

>a lot of it is just bullshit for the sake of being bullshit.
example?

>9. La Cucaracha (2007) - This album just sucks.

Faggot

Your Party and Object are Ween classics

this is definitively incorrect

0/10 m8

You Fucked Up, I'm in the Mood, Bumblebee, Never Squeel, Up on the Hiil, Wayne's Pet Youngin, Common Bitch, Nan, Papa Zit, Blackjack

fucking kill yourself

Z-rock Hawaii>Shinola: Vol. 1>Craters of the Sac>Caesar Demos

Those songs suck. Sorry, dude.

Craters is easily better than Shinola

Quebec is indeed amazing, but dont talk shit about my 12 golden country greats. It's so ironically smooth and great, it's with me in every second. AND DUDE, THE MOLLUSK SUCKS DICK! Hate this goddamn ship and pirate style. Waving my dick in the wind is fine though.

I only ranked studio albums, bub.

why did you make this thread instead of killing yourself

wow is it happy hopping moron night on Sup Forums?

you should rank the best ways to kill yourself and then try them all

thats because ur not brown enough

>mfw people actually shitposting

Fuck you, goober.

go back to your room and listen to spiderland some more

>I can't handle weird music: the post

I'll brown you, dude.

go be a faggot on

lol this is the list of someone being tortured by listening to Ween endlessly and this is what they come up with for a "ranking"
it's like you're intentionally missing the point

Do you think Micheal Brown listened to Ween?

I can handle weird music when it isn't shit.

if you're asking honestly no I think he probably did not

the top three are correct, and that's probably inarguable, but i think more credit needs to be given to the pod. that album walks the line of being lo-fi experimental pop greatness and shit in the more precarious way possible. fucking awesome record

>Pure Guava is shit
>The Pod is shit
>GodWeenSatan is shit
Bad taste objectively

i don't think you understand ween enough to even give a review.

which is funny because you have shit taste

>8. 12 Golden Country Greats
OP can't handle how brown it is.

Ween really is bad, whens the last time you heard a Ween song on the radio?

/thread

I've only heard Quebec, White Pepper, The Mollusk, and La Cucaracha, but I agree that Quebec is an amazing album. White Pepper was my first Ween album, and remains my 2nd favorite.

>9. La Cucaracha (2007) - This album just sucks. Sounds like the fucking Vengaboys.
lol

I heard an indie station play Phish covering Roses for Free just yesterday

:^)