Magisk

Be honest, Sup Forums. What are your thought about the piece of software called Magisk created by topjohnwu? Is your android experience enhanced by it? Tell me about it.

I haven’t tried it yet.

i am currently using it cause i couldn't find another way to root my chinkphone
its alright

I'm proud millions of people worldwide depend on this piece of software created by a young, intelligent, bilingual Chinese teenager.

It lets me install AdAway, that's all I care about.

I actually have 2 apps that won't run due to root so it works better for me than SU. Otherwise I don't even notice it exists on my phone.

Is this the one installed on omnirom? Because it works.

I used it for Pokelel Go, with varying results. Breddy good. I stopped playing and ricing so I don't need it (or any other kind of root) any more.

I can hide my root from banking app, so that's nice.

I hate it. It reminds me of filthy normies. The first time I heard of it becoming popular was because Pokemon Go kept enhancing its root detection until you needed something shitty like Magisk or just an unrooted phone. I don't really think playing phone games is good in any way.

I use it just for the root, since none of the apps I use need SafetyNet. Works well I guess.

Why so bitter, tho. Phone games can be fun as well. Find a personal balance and reach better productivity and happiness.

You should if you need a safe and quick way to grant root access
I didn't knew it was made by a Chinese guy. I know however that he's actually doing military service now
>only using AdAway
You should also use minminguard and Adguard for maximum protection

>You should also use minminguard and Adguard for maximum protection
Why and how do those protect?

I use it for the root over SuperSU because of the Magisk hide working on Netflix and banking app. I need root for AdAway and lucky patcher

Seriously, I sometimes don't interstate you people of Sup Forums. I see all this talk about root, blocking ads, security issues... And it's always tied with Android. Why won't you actually understand that the very problem is the OS? Why won't you at least try to use iOS? It seems far more easier and less inconvenient than spending your time ricing or reading logs just to make sure that a particular app works under bizarre circumstances.

There's only one app I somewhat use that has issues with root, but ancient rootcloak fixes that. Don't feel like upgrading from 6.0 either ways.

>being able to do these things
>a problem with the OS
Stock Android is entirely usable and is what most people that use it know, but you can rice it if you want. iOS, while being shinier and more unified, does not let you rice it. Same reason a car enthusiast would buy an old beater as opposed to a brand new McLaren

I use it
I hate that everytime magisk app gets updated it finds that there is new version magisk root so...
It goes fucking non-funcional until you update the magisk root because fuck you! Update now!
YOU FUCKING CHINK! I FUCKING HATE IT
Also after one of it's many updates it fucked itself up completely, Uninstalling, reinstalling didn't help. App crashed constantly. so I ended up with having to clean install the rom and magisk itself.
Now I turned off updates. I may TRY to update it maybe once a month after full backup.

*brand new Prius

Don't bother and stay with 15 or whatever version you have.

I use it to install xposed.

pretty much this + gapps

I believed it fucked itself on 15>16 upgrade
After clean install 16 just werks
wut? gapps need hiding root now?
nogapps since november here.

Yeah, better than SuperSU that's for sure.

you can run it systemless

I use Magisk daily.
Is Xposed any use with Oreo 8.1?

You can't pretend forever.

You're not happy. Ricing your Gentoo desktop with i3-gaps and urxvt won't fulfill you. Spending two hours configuring mpv to watch the anime you acquired from the private tracker you managed to make it into won't bring you happiness. Using Firefox with uMatrix, Privacy Badger, NoScript and Startpage doesn't have a significant positive impact on your life.

Is the Xiaomi Note a really good deal? Am I a pleb if I don't install Lineage OS? Maybe. Maybe you're just autistic.

You're not autistic. You just need to get out.

This isn't healthy. You're not happy. You may be enjoying yourself, but you're becoming bitter, cynical, and hard to talk to.

Your mother isn't a pleb for using an iPhone. Your professor isn't a faggot for using Windows 10. You're blowing these issues way out of proportion, and they're taking over your personality.

Soon, if not already, you'll only be able to relate to people on the Internet that you'll never actually know. You're putting a lot of effort into your shitposts, and for what?

Go outside. Right now. Take a breath of fresh air. Smoke a cigarette. Text a friend. Go to the movies. Get some money. Save it. Go on a vacation.

Do something tangible. These issues that you worry about--Windows 10, Pajeet, ISPs, torrents--shitposting on Sup Forums does NOTHING except stroke the ego that has been created for you by the hivemind that is Sup Forums. You don't have an impact on these issues, and resorting to using outdated hardware and software and needlessly complicating your UX only hinders your development as a happy, fulfilled, and functioning member of society.

That being said, I run Lineage OS. I have a Libreboot X60. I use a T420 with Fedora. But I also use Google location services, Chromium, Netflix, because I prefer a convenient and familiar environment, without complicating my user experience and needlessly wasting my time.

You're wasting your youth here. Go do something. I love you guys.

Wrong thread, Buddy.

It's consistently updated and I can play Pokémon GO just fine without any issues whatsover for life so it's perfectly fine in my book

Look at this fagot, all high and mighty and shit.

Only thing is, iOS exploits arecmore expensive. That does not mean they don't exist. They're way to valueble than waste it in things like jailbreak. Also if you concerned about your privacy, you could ditch gApps and live a happy life with AOSP or something hardened linke copperhead.

It's already too late for me user. I couldn't get out if I tried, I have nowhere to go.

Ignore the faggotry and answer : what Magisk modules are you using or what would you recommend?

ExSDCard Access Enabler
Mounts your SD card as RW at /mnt/media_rw
Really useful if an app has the ability to select a storage location but doesn't support the DocumentProvider API.

none. just root

So does it basically toggle off the SD Access permission bullshit for good, or, like, give me some instances of its uses?

iYTBP
Ram management fixes (don't know if it's placebo, I'll delete it if I see no noticeable changes or improvements)
ExSDCard Access Enabler

What apps are essential for a rooted phone? I have Magisk and Root Browser if that helps.

Adaway
Adguard
AFWall+
SDmaid
Lucky Patcher
Override DNS

If an app lets you select an arbitrary path to save to, it will be able to write to the SD card mounted under that point.
For example I use syncthing which lets you select folder locations but it won't let you write to the SD card normally. Using the module I can just use the /mnt/media_rw mount point instead.

I used to use SuperSu however after the latest update, this is the only tool that will root the phone. I only need root for adaway and afwall really.

Is this shit open source? It's Chinese??

yes
taiwan, in fact the guy is doing his mandatory military service right now so there probably won't be any updates for a few months

Definitely an impressive piece of software and the dev should be proud of himself. That being said, I've never used it because it's bloat and I don't use normalfag apps that check for root.

I'm on ios and we have jailbreak hiding apps too to a much lesser extent than android because not too many apps check for jailbreak status. In fact the adblock for a jb doesn't even work properly and I always worry that one day I'll lose my jailbreak forever and won't be able to rejailbreak because we can't downgrade to lower firmwares.

Every time I read something about android's root detection I also worry. Seems that everyone on all sides is cracking down on rooting and jailbreaking and trying to detect it to draconian levels.

Care to recommend some xposed modules? Once I started browsing them but I quit it after seeing the first 10 or so being pajeet modules that were for sale.

Any way to install this easily on my J2 Prime?
>inb4 >>>xda