How is this scary or even unnerving?

How is this scary or even unnerving?
I love it don't get me wrong, I think it's straight comfy across the board, or in this case, boards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqlVCKfX3hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not getting at least a little unnerved while listening to The Devil Is In the Details

Because people find it scary or even unnerving based on what it sounds like.

Thats all there is to it, and it doesn't have to apply to everyone! Youre not missing out on anything - and if you simply find it comfy, awesome, thats fine. It's just an opinion!

the comfiness outweighs the unnervingness abt 3 to 1, 6 to 1 according to them of course, but they just want you to think that. propaganda. 3 to 1 easily though they say. 3's a crowd as well

The cover is red.
Just as comfy as Music has the Right to Children in my eyes.

Don't give a shit about BoC, but this looks a lot like one of those /x/ threads that starts with "scare me," everybody posts shit, and OP says "that's kinda cute/comfy/silly" over and over thinking it makes him look tough.

Same people who think Radiohead actually make unnerving music. Sure I guess both artists do so within the standards of their genre, but there's far more unnerving music out there.

Music has the Right is so much better than this imo

Only unnerving BoC is Closes Vol.1 and maybe Twoism.

is it just me or does dayvan cowboy just suck

In A Beautiful Place Out in the Country unsettles me a little bit, at about two or three minutes almost every time I listen to it flashing images of Jonestown appear in my head
Sill maybe their best song

It's more uncomfortable really, especially when you realize what kind of shit they put in there

I don't think it's a bad song it just doesn't sound like BoC in my opinion.

People find it "scary or even unnerving"?

I always found it to be good background music and nothing more.

What kind of shit do they put there?

Depends all on the listener

I think The Books are comfy but apparently people don't like this song

youtube.com/watch?v=TqlVCKfX3hk

It really suprise me that i never got into boc even back during my first witch house/ambient phase, their music always just creeped me out from what i saw on youtube and adult swim. what's the deal with them Sup Forums?

Well, is no secret that they put some subliminal message or satanic references on the album. I don't think they serious about it, probably just for goofs.

Still, when you realize that fact, it's kind of unnerving in comfortable way. The music is comfy but there's something off about it compared to Music Has The Right to Children.

Examples includes
>You Could Feel the Sky has piece of lyrics "God with horns"
>1969 has reference of Branch Davidian
>Many biblical references
>Some reference with the number 666. For example, the whole album run time is 66:06. The bassline and melody of The Devil Is In The Details are an octave and a major sixth apart. The bassline/melody repeats the first note three times, yielding three consecutive "sixths" in a row, i.e. 6-6-6.
It's interesting if you into this kind of stuff
They just weird people making music based on old electronic music

Salad Fingers

I like rusty spoons

Also you can hear a woman screaming if you slow down You Could Feel The Sky

Gyroscope always reminds me of the the chapter about Shelob in Lord of the Rings. The fast scuttling sound and creepy ambience of the track matches pretty well with how disturbed I felt reading that chapter.

It's always gotten a lot spookier halfway through. Devil is in the details is pretty unnerving. Listen to it all in one sitting and you'll hear why everyone calls it boards darkest album.

Geogaddi is my favorite album by BoC. I find it mellow and mysterious with strong feeling of being connected with nature.