/daily/ - good old times edition

It's the 16th of May. For more information see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_16

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, can u purp smurm

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S51135739#p51148732
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S53346183#p53355148
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S56063306#p56093100
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S53020100#p53021366
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

для хлoпчыкaў

What are you gonna listen to today?
It better be French.

Keji Haino's basically French so yeah

after that I'm gonna listen to Acabou Chorare by Novos Baianos which is Brazilian, where they speak Portuguese, which is from Europe, therefore it's basically French

then if I'm feeling up to it before improv class I'll listen to some other "French" music

>yfw basically everything in the world is French

Watashi Dake is confusing so far

I don't know how to feel about this

oui desu

--Listenalong Reservation--

If you are not on this list but want to participate in the next round of the listenalong please respond to this post.
If I somehow forgot to add you please yell at me.

This is of course not the finished schedule, the order will be randomized.

I want to be added to das list.

It's a fantastic album, it clicked immediately for me but took multiple listens for my gf to like it.

It's just very raw emotional music, you'll like it with time

looks good
sorry man but I dunno

it doesn't seem like that at the moment

I'll write my thoughts on it for my nearly done freeform chart when I feel like it

hey cool that you went through all those posts. I recently did that while I was drunk syncing with Karenin. I even remembered some of Cunt's and Karenin's old calendars from when I was still lurking and stuff. Cool times.

When you randomize, can you make sure my turn will not be in July or August please ?

somebody rec me a /daily/ meme to listen to now please

can do, you won't be here these month?

when did ya start lurkin' /daily/?

of course

I was thinking about saving it for my 1,000th RYM rating but I can just do another meme for that

I'll be in Japan so I probably won't be able to read these threads.

yo I hope you enjoy Japan

the place is good as FUCK

oh nice, have fun there, I'll make sure it's not your turn during these month then

November/December 2014, then joined in January 2015 but gave up after 1 day and then rejoined in April :)

MEME TIME

we have similar experiences except I only lurked once

Thanks, I'm really excited to go there. I hope I'll have enough time to visit because for most of the time I'll be working in a hotel.

ah it's for work?

even still I hope you enjoy it cause Japan is lovely

Yes it's both for an internship and for learning the language.

oh shit you're learning the language?

sounds like it's gonna be cool

hope you enjoy it, man

Yes, I've been taking courses since september. I have no idea how I'll be able to survive there with so little vocabulary but it's gonna be fun anyway.

ミーム is all you need

I'm sure it will and I bet you'll get a chance to check out some cool records

I suddenly really feel like making a new blog.

About?

Music of course.

Do it then. Would it focus on trad especially?

I dunno, I've written about both trad and pop in the past and both were fun in their own rights. Pop requires less effort though.

boutta listen to j coles entire discography, probably going to fall asleep midway but i want to try

>J Cole
Why.

I was once really fucking high and preordered his latest album when my friend recommended it/hyped it to me, even though i hadn't even listened to any of his other shit prior. Not even a fucking song. It was fucking terrible. Have fun pal. : )

>bike to gym
>get off bike
>open door
>it's locked
>keycard is in my wallet
>forgot wallet at home
>go home again
Fuck it.

>Going to gyms
>Not training at home or with friends outdoors
why do people love wasting money

Because I don't have weights at home and I live in Northern Sweden, where there's winter 9 months a year.

I kickbox with a friend but like , it's better to shill the shekels for the weight availability

I guess investing in a calf and carrying it every day until it grew up wouldn't be a bad investment either

Purping the smurm is not only illegal but it's also impossible

Plus at least at my uni the gym is very cheap (€110 per year) and it helps with motivation.

>mfw I pay €45/month
Quitting my membership though, fuck that place. There's another one that's just €15/month so I'll go there instead.

>Because I don't have weights at home
1. buy weights
2. ???
also I'd much rather winter for 9 months to work out, you don't wanna do exercise when it's 40ºC

>I guess investing in a calf and carrying it every day until it grew up wouldn't be a bad investment either

babby's first heat stroke?

When you go outside it's like when you're making pasta and you have to move it constantly and the vapor is pretty hot but that's with all the air.

>Decide to go outside and excersise
>Get mugged and raped
Wow nice idea fag

Got inspired to make this from last thread

Found my first /daily/ post as this trip: >Jan 3 of this year
>First reply was GIVINGBEAR and Tuco
:3
I'd been using I'M FISH since December, but that was for sharethread/Fishmans-related stuff. I'd been browsing/using /daily/ since before but as user so those posts are harder to find.

First post w/ this trip was and I did get pic related from that thread though, which was pretty funny.

Every Fishmans album at the same time

Jesus I can't imagine. We only get 3 months in Iowa, but midwest US is the asscrack of the entire planet anways.

>where there's winter 9 months a year.
>Not training in the cold
what r you some sort of pleeb? I find the brisk winter refreshing & motivating.

I train with like a 50 yr old weight set, heavy rocks and a backpack. You can train basically every single muscle group with nearly any heavy thing you can find.

Or this.

>Getting mugged and raped
>While you are training martial arts with a group of martial artists
This is the stupidest fucking mugger in the universe holy shit.

I went and found my first ever /daily/ post
I also talked about the Ziggurat with an user in that thread
some things never change :,)
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S51135739#p51148732

>You can train basically every single muscle group with nearly any heavy thing you can find.
Yeah but you'll look like some naturalist hippie cunt doing it.

>tfw 50€ gift card on amazon
I'm open to suggestions as to what to buy, what are some nice musics or else

also here's my first post on /daily/: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S53346183#p53355148
>fight the mugger
there's your workout

No, you'll look like a person that doesn't make excuses.

Nah, you'll definitely look like a naturalist hippie cunt. I know people like this. Normal people don't mind paying a little bit to, you know, act like normal people and go to the gym instead.

>act like normal people and go to the gym instead.
>act like normal people
Literally ew. People suck.

I bet you also do parkour and think you're really cool while in reality everyone around you just thinks you're a massive nerd.

>I bet you also do parkour
Pfft, it's called *free running*. Parkour is flasy, faggy & for nerds.

>first post on daily
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S56063306#p56093100

also insignificance and mu part 1 today! the tourney should be finished this week.

Buy a book. Did we ever find out who that was?

This, kinda

Wow actual good line up of albums

EBIN

Lol, you're skeleton?

oh what the fuck you're skeleton jelly? I was wondering where that cool cat went! dang! glad you're still here I guess hah

>Wow actual good line up of albums
wait til you see what I scored them

:^) u kno it!

Nearly everything is wrong about this.

am i skeleton jelly?
the chart looked really cool tho, i might finish it soon

>this captcha

>Buy a book.
I was thinking of Ezra Pound's Cantos. Though I am sure I will miss many of the references and all, my friend told me imagism is one of the easiest vanguards to get around to.
Can still buy more stuff though.
>Did we ever find out who that was?
I think not. Ebin post though.
>Trilogie
>7
Could be worse but still.
Also what's that Twa Toots album and does it have any relation to the Demy film.

>3 of the pictures disappear after you click them

what can I add to this?¿

>i might finish it soon
mfw

I stand by it

is that good or bad
I like it a bit more now, i'd call it a 7.5 or so now I guess, but it's so time consuming. I enjoy it but I don't like to give my afternoon to an album

How do you nerds even find this?

Maybe some good albums? (Aka not by Mount Eerie)

Buy a cool film
Or buy trilogie de la mort

:/

Just use the archive, search for username and then sort by oldest posts first

rude
nah, I'm a sucker for Mount Eerie, wanted to drown that shit out

>he doesn't write down the post numbers of every post he's ever made

That doesn't really work for me.

>is that good or bad
Can be improved I guess
Anyway nice score to KC.
I don't, it's not actually my first post, just a meme.
I should buy trilogie. I should also check my local record stores first though.

>search archive for btrl
>look at old posts
>realize I've been trolling the exact same way for 4+ years now
Time to change it up maybe.

Back in 2013 I remember Rustie holding those tripfriend awards and btrl was constantly posting. Was that you or someone impersonating you? Because iirc you left in 2012

I dunno, I have posted during at least one of those awards. I basically didn't post between mid 2012-2014 IIRC.

>slips quietly out the back door
>catches a glimpse of the op pic
>it's from last time you tried that
Cosmia is annoying sometimes
lmao i'm listening to that composer in like exactly a week

>MFW i was just told that while drunk, i confessed my love to a girl i barely knew 2 weeks ago.
Well, should it be another Braxton quintet or Brötzmann's trio. Or maybe Ornette Coleman
Not in Vuvuzela.

It's a nice record. If you've heard pic related and liked it, you'll probably like this too.

it's just because, like one year ago, i'm slacking on my chart in hopes to get out without causing a ruckus. also not in any tourneys to my knowledge and not in the next listenalong round.

Mountain Goats more like Mountain GOATS

I think listening to Wagner yesterday changed me. Not in some identical crisis kind of way but I really want to listen to more classical now after hearing how amazing it could be.

Mission: Complete

daily? more like gayly.

It begins. What did you enjoy about him? What do you want more of?

also obligatory
>Wagner
>Classical

RIP /daily/

I wasn't present for the whole thing, kinda wish I was though

Been there before. Still doing it unfortunately.

Because I know little to none of the characteristics that make compositions unique to each other, all I can say was that it struck me as different. The same way Terry Riley's Sunrise of the Planetary Dream Collector just stood out for me as well.

Could you help me out in any way by just describing the general style Wagner is known for?

Same, I had to leave to sleep.

this one is your first post in /daily/ I think?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S53020100#p53021366

Wagner is primarily well known for two things: using leitmotifs in opera and expanding the usage of chromaticism. Leitmotif are musical passages that signify something related to the story, it can be objects, characters, events, moods, etc. Wagner really wanted to develop the importance of the orchestra in opera, and not just leave story to be told in the libretto. Chromaticism is basically using tones that are not found in the current key, sort of. Adjacent semi-tones specifically.

Might be, I don't know. Neat.

holy fuck i'm so upset I didn't find this sooner
Jason Lescalleet making his own screwtape with DJ Screw samples
the absolute fucking madman
review soon

In that case I'm not surprised I was drawn to it if his shtick is rooted in using unusual tones. I guess I'll just explore chromaticism and see how far I get and if Wagner holds up as one of the best. Thanks.

Well I mean, you can't really "explore" chromaticism. Using notes from the chromatic scale has been used for a long time. Very often when there's a lot of tension in music there will be elements of chromaticism. Wagner did use it more than previous composers, but compared to laters he was fairly conservative. His usage of chromaticism really predicted future developments in music more than anything.

what other band should I drown out?

The Trips