youtube.com/watch?v=JeHBmkDiJmA
youtube.com/watch?v=A64J8mo8oZE
youtube.com/watch?v=sT9zBeDVgIM
youtube.com/watch?v=oF9cvXWGU0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=KrprtydmcNk

5:00

>Listens to Ozric Tentacles & Led Zeppelin ONCE

I'm still surprised how nice this album turned out to be.

My favorite Can song
youtube.com/watch?v=pzM3xRhs2xY

I really like this album but i cant stand orric tentacles

Trilogy by ELP is the single handedly greatest song I have ever heard. I have never heard a synth solo on this caliber especially in 19fucking71. No one ever made a song like this ever again, not even ELP made a song like this.

Keith Emerson died for our synths.

youtube.com/watch?v=LoQFP-qSEnQ

Anyway, song is 1/3 melancholic piano intro, then 2/3 synth rape that forms possibly the most creative piece ever written.

What albums did you listen to by them? I can understand why you might not like them, but if you ever feel like giving them another chance Strangeitude, Jurassic Shift and Waterfall Cities are probably their best albums imo.

>Emerson's keyboard work on Tarkus and Karn Evil 9
ELP were great at making prog epics, too bad they also made some of the worst songs in the genre as an attempt at comedy (Jeremy Bender, Benny the Bouncer etc.)

Benny the Bouncer is actually one of my favorite songs by them. I am a huge ELP fan I even have Keith's signature above me that he personally sent me a few months before he killed himself, I could find a picture and post it.

I'd listen to Benny the Bouncer again if you would give it a chance, it has a great piano solo and an excellent saloon feeling.

If you like those ELP songs (tarkus and K9) you would like Pictures at an Exhibition, modern rework of Mussorgsky's classical suite and the synth work is FANTASTIC.

Listen to this synth solo past 0:56 and try and tell me it's not one of the greatest live synth siolos ever. youtu.be/A9XJNBtWa6o?t=59

pic I'm talking about

Nice pic, and idk I might be too harsh on the songs but straight up comedical lyrics like that just tend to fall flat for me.

I cant listen now, but ill be sure to give Pictures at an Exhibition a try later.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHpKpkV-jyc

Wrong song off that album, both are good though

youtube.com/watch?v=vmy-4KJPlpg

Please do, if you have any taste for classical music it's a masterpiece and many people say that it was their only flawless album. Good to talk with another ELP fan anyway! There aren't much of us!

This is excellent... what is this!?

I've 'listened' to all of those albums but turn it off when I get a quarter of the way in

space rock does nothing for me sadly

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb9GRQSsG4E

What do you think of the first 30 seconds of this?

The best kind of prog. Not to shit on mainstream UK stuff which is great in its own right but I love foreign prog/folk more than anything. Heres another one, the last 5 minutes in particular is maybe my favourite piece of music

youtube.com/watch?v=JuCq9n8jW8E

makes me feel wheezy

Actually, seriously dude. I love UK prog and it's all I listen to but I'm on my third listen of this song now. Where do you find this stuff? Keep sending I'll keep listening, that song is added to the queue.

Thank you I am really enjoying this I love to hear new music that is good.The piano is excellent, guitar prog sucks to me apart from Yes and SOME rush (Moving Pictures)

I've always love keyboards.

Meh, each to their own. Personally I could ejaculate to that.

I just download from blogs/find stuff through discogs and have been for a long time.

I can't really tell what you're after exactly so I'll just dump a bunch of what I consider some of the best prog songs over my last ~5 years of listening to it

youtube.com/watch?v=jWEXQGzygvk
youtube.com/watch?v=cFI1rW3SP2U
youtube.com/watch?v=japEKxiOaRg (7 minutes onwards is godtier)
youtube.com/watch?v=VxZ69T6Eewk
youtube.com/watch?v=YtrLGXT-RIQ

Will post more in a minute

Maneige is great so far I am 7 minutes in, it has Jethro Tull/King C feels but the piano is something else. Like I said before, it's crazy that all these bands seem to be keyboard bands with a guitarist, whereas all england bands are the opposite. The piano is really dominant and I like it.

Yeah I agree and I've leaned a lot more towards keyboard/wind instrument driven bands in the past few years which is why I love foreign folk. Prog takes a lot of influence from jazz/classical but a lot if the time with UK prog you dont hear it as much. That Tamarugo song is pretty hard to top though, probably a top 10 song for me

youtube.com/watch?v=88zOOIeJxBs
youtube.com/watch?v=qFLGGx0VJLg this really takes off 2minutes in
youtube.com/watch?v=2r9-YMoXDUA
youtube.com/watch?v=OIlrzjQP0JE
youtube.com/watch?v=BN7TuJfFcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5nnqXH5QI

The break at 4 mins in on TIME is very good. I am liking this song

Oh man how could I forget this, probably the most similar to the first song. Listen to the whole album too, not a bad song on it

youtube.com/watch?v=1ayn1CzkFiM

Not trolling
This is really one of my favs
Rest is shit

The long, 33-minute version of Cassandra gemini, from The Mars Volta, without being artificially cut.

Some god tier guitar work on that album.

Fucking this, they were so hit and miss, but their good stuff is God tier

>stoner prog nu-metal

This thread is great I'm just gonna listen to everything that's been posted (excep Tool).
youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

i just couldn't get into it

Pretty sweet. You might dig this

youtube.com/watch?v=KUaJw_ZIVYE

Camel are one of the best prog bands.
First 4 albums are perfect

Anything Mike Oldfield or Steve Hillage have touched desu

Not that guy but I think so too. Last time I tried to recommend them to someone they said it was too cheesy, but I think the first 4 albums have some of the best and most memorable melodies and the albums flow so well. Should check this out of you havn't heard it, they went all freeform prog-jam for a live show

youtube.com/watch?v=XbxSuyavXwc

That's neat, thanks dude.

Was listening to Taurus II this morning (from Five Miles Out), has some great moments but also some pretty shit moments desu.

dude the first two fucking suck balls big time

Moonmadness and snowgoose are the best

Than you just don't like the prog aspect of Camel.
Moonmadness and Snow Goose are magnificient, but they weren't "classic prog rock" like mirage and s/t are.

pic is underrated gem, not as good as first 4, but pretty good

Man I need to switch out my Cotillion pressings for better ones pronto!

has the ugliest fucking cover though.

The cover feels really nice if you own the record, has a soft texture

Bumping with some italian goodness

The gatefold is the real deal for this album

fight me

there arent any its just circle jerking self involved dumb music for people to feel superior to.

Is this album being recommended by the same fag every time? I saw it get posted on three consecutive prog threads, was intrigued by the name and cover art, downloaded it... and it's the blandest most generic caricature of prog I've heard.

What's the deal with this?

youtube.com/watch?v=fyniwNTvhaQ

How many of you nerds have listened to MAGICAL POWER MAKO before?

Starless and Epitaph by KC

youtube.com/watch?v=JeHBmkDiJmA

This one is better quality

Italian prog fucking sucks

King crimson-lizard

sos ur mom lol

at least i dont listen to the Italian version of ELP

>someone else knows Maneige

So happy. 'Obscure gem' has become another overused term, but 'Les porches' is ethereally pure.

Drama is so underrated in the Yes discography, it's a close second to "Close to the Edge"

Few would agree with your location of it, but there is a consensus among Yes fans that 'Drama' might have been the most underrated Yes album. Also kudos for saving that wallpaper. I used to have 'Drama' art for one myself.

New Steven Wilson music video

youtube.com/watch?v=A64J8mo8oZE

That's just my opinion. I know it's not thier most technical album but I just keep finding myslef coming back to it more than any other album of theirs.

I'm almost 100% sure this isn't on here for a reason but I love this album so much.
Sample because the full album isn't on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=sT9zBeDVgIM

but they are the worst band ever

and?

Eh, I guess music taste is subjective lmos

Great taste friend.
Drama is great, but I feel like a lot of people overlook Time and a Word. That album is so great. Everydays has to be one of my favorite Yes songs.
Dude, I've been revisiting ELP recently since Kieth's death, and they are the most hit/miss group of virtuoso motherfuckers to grace music.

Tarkus and Tocatta still blow my mind to this day.

Unfortunately ELP have become cool to dislike and criticize in "hip" circles. They were actually pretty great.

>Uriah Heep
>prog rock

Are you fucking retarded or are you baiting?

youtube.com/watch?v=oF9cvXWGU0k

just the best.

That is the worst type I have ever seen