>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EhVtZoxQhUE
clyp.it/l2kwpczr
reverb.com/item/2060400-fender-champ-amp-1970-silverface
youtube.com/watch?v=FT2GiIx1rmM
youtube.com/watch?v=uldpc4rWNXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RWK3az654sk
newcomplexity.com.au/new-page/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd like to buy a parlor, I've only played an electric so far

any advice? 2nd hand?

price range up to 600€

jags

also how the heck do I learn to play it

The new Ibanez parlors are surprisingly really good, and nice looking to top it off. That's what I would get. Second hand parlors are tricky since most vintage examples I've played have warped necks and it's rare to find one with a truss rod.

youtube.com/watch?v=EhVtZoxQhUE

Should I do it /gg/? Should I get a mememaster?

I liked the wide ass fretboard, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna play .9 gauge on that shitty bridge.

>I'm not sure how I'm gonna play .9 gauge on that shitty bridge.

Buy a mastery bridge

>175 dollars

Is there a cheaper alternative.

Staytrem is a, seemingly better, option if you're in the UK. Keeps the floating bridge thing which is nice for the vibrato

Honestly, no. I bought one and I hate it. I did the whole neck shim/ staytrem/ heavy strings thing, perfect setup, and it still sounded dark and plunky with no sustain. It's in pieces right now. I still might do something with it eventually. New pickups, a cool Warmoth neck with Gotohs. Idk. I'd advise against it if you're looking for a nice single coil guitar unless you're actually looking to play jazz I guess. Even then it's not a great design.

>dark and plunky

Could it be your amp, I've never heard a dark sounding jazzmaster.

Well first of all an amp isn't going to affect sustain. But I have a bright setup and a Fender amp, my overall sound was still pretty bright when I played the JM. The pickups were definitely very dark for single coils, especially th useless rhythm circuit. Just not a good guitar. They are trendy for various reasons but it's best to not buy into the hype sometimes.

just got my first looper boss rc-1. What are some fun songs to play? or anything to play? I like classic rock and blues if that helps

my guitar

I love playing King Crimson kind of stuff with loopers. Frame By Frame is a cool one.

Weird, with the 1 meg pots they're pretty much brighter than any other single coil (except jaguars and mustangs)

What Jazzmaster did you have? I know the J Mascis and Classic Player models have p90 like pickups but they're still pretty bright.

I like playing classic rock, blues, and metal.

This guitar looks alot like Kramer 650G, which is a guitar GY!BE uses

I mean, because of that finish.

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
Neil Young - Cortez the Killer
Both fun songs to loop the chords and wank over for hours

Oh wait oops Godspeed actually use Kramer 450g, which is a similar model

Let me ask you something dude. Why do you even trip? I mean, what purpose does it serve? You're not contributing to anything.

I did contribute, my post was on topic.

Also, having a trip helps alot when i search for my posts, especially in the Sup Forums archive.

>practice 3 hours minimum every day
>don't have enough time to study for university now
I'm not a smart man...

Well you have to set your priorities. what is more important for you - practicing 3 hours every day or getting better grades at your university?

Think about it and act according to your conclusion.

Got the Make Noise Phonogene granular delay module this weekend, pretty incredible the things you can do with samples but the real time Broken Echo mode is amazing and major reason for getting the patch box in the first place. Recorded a little sample with acoustic guitar.

clyp.it/l2kwpczr

Thats really beautiful, always on the lookout for a good price on one. Here's my refinished 450G

Here's my other 450G. Such a great playing and unique sounding instrument.

I'm afraid that I'll stagnate or get worse if I practice any less, and making music is more fun than uni honestly.

And my 250G with single coils.

If you are already a skilled guitar player, you will be fine playing 1 hour a day in my personal opinion.

What in particular is "unique sounding" about this guitar?

I recently bought the Classic Player Jazzmaster. First, it looks really nice and some work colleagues complimented its retro look. It's also very comfortable to play, I guess it's the offset design.

The pups are hotter than the usual ones, and you'll get a nice, punchy tone with the lead circuit, just not as twangy as a strat or tele. I mostly use the rhythm circuit though, for the mellower sound. If you fiddle a bit with the knobs you'll get a very warm sound, just the kind I wanted.

Due to the tune-o-matic-bridge, it stays in tone well, and using the trem is no problem. They also moved the trem a bit closer to the bridge, so the break angle is better.

All in all, I'd recommend it. But that's just my opinion.

There's a good deal on Reverb on a Vintage Fender Champ. The pics are kinda suspicious, they don't show the whole amp, just some zoomed in images. I asked the guy what shape the tubes are in and he replied:
>the power tubes are 6l6
>the pre amp tube is a mesa 12ax7
The Champ is supposed to have a single 6V6 and a 5Y3 recitifier tube. How can I trust this guy?

Just got this Beauty

post the link, doubt anyone here would buy it from under you.

reverb.com/item/2060400-fender-champ-amp-1970-silverface

>new bass arrives very soon
>feel the urge to just buy a jazz bass out of nowhere
What the hell?

Bought my first two pedals on Saturday, the Fuzz Face Hendrix Mini and Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, good fun on their own, eager to get some more effects, who can suggest some good; Delays, Reverbs ,Phasers, Distortions/OD's?

Looks legit, sometimes people switch out tubes for different ones for various reasons. Since you pay with paypal lyou could always get your money back if he tries to scam you.

Compared to one another, the 250 and 450 both have a unique sound compared to other guitars that I assume is the result of their aluminum neck and nut. Part is probably their pickups which are originals made only for those models, but even between your typical single coil and humbucker sonic differences these two models share a sound...again i think it has to do with their aluminum necks. I've also got a Travis Bean aluminum neck guitar, but on the TB the neck extends through the body and the pickups are attacked directly to the neck. The TB seems to exhibit more of that "unique sound"

Not him, but the aluminum neck has a unique sound.

Thanks. Still a little shady for me, the guy won't tell me which model is the 'Fender speaker' he's installed in it. I found another Champ in better condition so I'm getting that

How would you describe the characteristics of that sound, that make it different from other guitars you played? i'm talking about the sound itself, not how it was formed

Well its all relative, ya know. But in general there is what seems to be more complexity to the sound, just richer and more dense. That really comes through when you fuzz up the signal. Watch some Dead live footage from the late 70s, Garcia played a TB and you can hear that uniqueness in his sound, maybe.

Why are used MIJ Squier sellers so delusional?

I'm aware that Jap Squiers have great build quality but

>selling '80s/90's similar to used Amerifat Standard prices

Same with MIJ Boss pedals lmao

Similar situation here, I'm just waiting for a guy to give up. He had his bass listed for 5 months now, told me he wouldn't sell it for any less than 470, if he is ever willing to sell it at 400 he is supposed to contact me.

What do you think about the 450b?
youtube.com/watch?v=FT2GiIx1rmM

I would love to have one, but i'm more interested in getting a Travis Bean TB2000 someday.

What said.
Aristides Instruments.com is making one piece composites with similar attributes.

oh wow, never heard of those. looks beautiful

I'm listening to an album right now, i will listen to them afterwards (even though listening through videos is bad to get an accurate representation of the sound because the sound also depends alot of the amp).

Do they have any "best models" ?

Here's an 060, 6string.

They are all best, no "discount" lines as of yet.

>Recorded a little sample
this is playing guitar in real time, not manipulating a sample. also there is no further modulation going on, beyond making small changes on one of the knobs throughout.

Because MIJ Squiers are nothing like budget Squiers and they have a cult appeal so poeple can ask higher prices for them

what kind of prices were you seeing?

500-1200 is pretty normal of any used high quality MIJ guitar

Have these been around for awhile? I think I recognize that 060 fret marker.

>reverb.com/item/2060400-fender-champ-amp-1970-silverface

looks fine, although I'm kinda leery when people use the term 'very good' in descriptions, especially working order

its something you put when theres some issue (could be super minor) with the item, otherwise you'd be putting 'excellent working condition' because you're proud of what a good selling point that is...

using 'very good' in the description sometimes implies to me the seller is holding back something or an issue that may or may not go unnoticed by the purchaser

Since about 2012, I'm waiting for production models to start to appear, right now it's custom only in the 3k+ range.

mastery bridge is bullshit. 2 saddles is fucking stupid.

hey Sup Forums. i recently listened to some old albums i used to own when i was a teenager and i just realize the guy behind the bass
>youtube.com/watch?v=uldpc4rWNXQ

is a fucking genius, does anyone knows his name?

there's no way you can't look that up, try harder.

Where can one buy a fairly good, decently priced classical/ acoustic nylon 7-string in Europe?

They had five different bassists.

This guitar looks pretty retarded

nevermind i got it it's paul turner.

related
youtube.com/watch?v=RWK3az654sk

The only one I know of is the Ibanez G207CWC, around 700€. Ask around your local music shop if they can order one or otherwise just buy it on thomann, they have almost everything.

Look at the photos he has of the amp - all of them.

If you had done this already, you would have seen this:

why is this picture so spooky

Obligatory threadly meme. If anyone has the template, post it.
Flying V's are objectively the best guitar shape.

staytrem

flying v's are shit if you want to sit down
otherwise it's a cool guitar for flashy dudes

Straight V are fine for sitting down, you just have to put the guitar in a classical position.
Jackson RRs feel awkward though.

>Is there a cheaper alternative.

Of course. It'll only cost you $10.

Suck it up like a princess and put .10s on it, you twink.

I'm kinda tired of these

10s have better dynamics anyway, since they don't choke out as soon.

He is probably just not informed on how much gear costs, don't be like that towards him, user....

Me too, especially when people keep reposting theirs in every new thread.

So i heard some demos of them, and well, i'm not particularly impressed by their sound.

I did not really like the genre of metal the company itself demo their guitars with, honetsly.

but, as i said earlier, a video does not give an accurate representation of a guitar since there are other factors that play into account in determining it's sound, such as the amp.

It's like a shittier version of spamming your "family photo" every thread.

if you can afford the extra couple bucks return it for an RC-3. The added features are really worth it especially once you add a foot switch for tap tempo.

don't worry about the boss foot switch they are easy and cheep enough to build

Agreed
Kill it with fire.

anyone know what type of distortion they use on maggot brain

I think I'm ready to admit that I'm still in love with my bassist.

yay

All I want is the unconditional love of a guitarist. I'm being cucked by drummers everywhere.
Hold me /gg/, with this bassist ever find love?

think i'm in love

so good

What are people's thoughts on a good medium-ish sized tube combo?

Whenever I start doing research I get pointed towards amps like the Blues Deluxe RI or the Blue Jr., Vox AC15 and mentions for Bugera V22 on the more budgeted side etc.

But when I start reading more reviews or forums, everyone just starts shitting on all of them - usually with a lot of "just save up for a better amp".

Is it really that necessary to get some big heavy $1000 amp if it doesn't fit what you are doing musically just to have a good sound? I'm not playing a bunch of gigs. I mostly just want to record and have the option to play the occasional DIY show or bar gig. I can keep saving but I just didn't think I needed something that big or that it could potentially be a waste if I only play 2 shows in the next year.

And yes, I have tried some amps at GC and they usually all sound good enough though I am never cranking it up. Ideally, I wouldnt need to if im mic'd for a gig or recording.

I dunno what do you all play?

much wow

i mean come on already

pretty goood

kinda want this too....

wow what a beauty

hey a bump is a bump I just scroll past them anyways and here's the template for newcomers that being said I do like it when the dream rigs get crazy like in the last thread with the Orange gear

Normally third bridge is kinda meh, but those adjustable pieces must really expand the usefulness. They allow you to change the pitch of the drones, right? Are there any better pics of this?

those sustainiac pups are really interesting

My new baby

here's a close up on the six string version. only found a couple demos on youtube and they don't really show how adjusting those pieces effects the sound, unfortunately, but i think you are right.

newcomplexity.com.au/new-page/

ayyyyyyyyyyyy

>there's good deal going on some basses
>the options are a squire jaguar bass or a mustang bass

they're both nice starting bass for me and I liked playing through both, only curious which am i better off with in the end? what does Sup Forums think?

and thank you in advance