Beyonce's 'feminist', 'empowering' sportswear label 'is being made by women for pennies per hour

Beyonce's 'feminist', 'empowering' sportswear label 'is being made by women for pennies per hour

pagesix.com/2016/05/15/beyonces-activewear-made-in-sri-lankan-sweatshop-report/

And some people questioned me when I was skeptical of Beyonce's sincerity in her social message. This is the actual way of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/beyonce-quickly-releases-new-song-about-how-buying-52810
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think The Onion recently summed up Beyonce best with their headline "Beyoncé Quickly Releases New Song About How Buying Tidal Subscription Most Empowering Thing A Woman Can Do "

theonion.com/article/beyonce-quickly-releases-new-song-about-how-buying-52810

But a certain type of popist will continue to still eat her shit up because they're invested in her as a symbol of empowerment, because if women and gays like her, she must be empowering.

Another example busting the idea that ONLY WHITES ARE RACIST OPPRESSORS

hahaha

not that I really care

Pfff as if i didn't already know she was a cunt

YYAAS KWEEN SLAY THOSE UNDERPAID SRI LANKAN WOMEN.

If you talk about Beyonce here you belong on Sup Forums

>those limp ass bitch arms

now others at least have to face it

>even more pointed lyrics in the chorus: ‘Boss-ass bitch going hard with that $9.99 plan; stunners going harder with the lossless $19.99, fa.m.’
kek

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need)
But she ain't messin' with no broke niggas
(She gives me money)
Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need)

Sup Forums - "Music"

people had several threads on the lies about Michael Gira, I think this is more than relevant. it's about an artist who is a huge topic in music discussion today.

and since her whole 'social message' is always so dominant in the arguments around her supposed relevance, I think this is more than appropriate to bring up

how is this not a music thread you triggered piece of fuck

I mean, every article about how great she is bases it in her supposed relevance as a voice for feminism and the plight of colored peoples.

so... there goes that

I haven't seen any music yet

I don't see much discussed about her music in her album reviews either. the lyrics, image, and their message are what's brought up as being the core of her relevance.

clearly this issue is relevant to that, as it shows that her feminist, empowering image is a complete farce.

I'm not doubting that she is awful, but this is originally from the Sun, so we probably shouldn't trust this

Exactly Beyonce is not "Music"

Take this shit to Sup Forums, /news/, /lgbt/ or Sup Forums please

nice try.

it's likely true, and is being criticized even by an anti-SLAVERY group who are saying the conditions of the sweatshop manufacturing her clothing are technically slavery

which is hilarious, given Beyonce's whole FREEDOM song

Beyonce as a brand does involve music though - bad, bland music - and this is a great opportunity to expose what utter farce the whole operation is so we don't have to hear about it as much

thread is relevant to this board. and it's not taking up the entire board so chill the fuck out

At least Kurst hd the dec ency to shoot himself

t. butthurt tumblrfag

Beyonce and what she represents is essentially the Hillary Clinton vision for America distilled: elites of varying ethnic makeup at the top, neoliberal wage slavery for everybody else.

this

why can't poptimist pseudo-'progressives' see this

it's 'virtual' progress, facebook-feed progress that you can like and share on the screen, and meanwhile in reality Beyonce is using a fucking sweatshop

and people actually buy into it. all these popist critics actually don't see through it.

>tabloid rumors
you're just jelly
and probably a racist too

t. butthurt tumblrfag nº2

jealous of a talentless whore like Beyonce? no.

racist? I went on a date with a hot non-white woman last night and she's like in love with me.

so suck it, pussy

>all these popist critics actually don't see through it.
Well guess what kind of socioeconomic background somebody who lists "critic" on their resume comes from.

You can't say she's not talented, but you could say that her music is utter shit.

I assure you, it will prove to be very true

Beyonce will of course claim shock and ignorance about it and will do some bullshit philanthropic media gesture that cunts like you will fall for

yeah, talentless is an exagerration, but I think her vocal abilities aren't so impressive, merely sufficient. and she definitely isn't envisioning actually good music herself (it is neither hers, nor good anyways), which is unforgivable, especially when it's someone we have to endure at such a degree

watch Pitchfork never mention this news because it embarrasses the glowing, gushing review they gave praising her feminism and compassion for dark people

Agreed

>>"tabloid rumors"
>campaigner Jakub Sobik of Anti-Slavery International said: “Companies like Topshop have a duty to find out if these things are happening.

yes, Anti-Slavery International, what a sleazy, tabloid source. you fucking cunt.

Beyonce is a literal slaver. DEAL WITH IT.

She's owned by corporate masters, I don't know how people can't see through her

Not even le dadrockfag

WE THE SLAVERS NOW!

Beyonce IS a music, you stupid.

WE SWEATSHOP IN THIS BITCH

Funny that it's Sri Lanka slaves making Beyonce's clothes considering M.I.A. got flamed a few weeks ago for essentially calling Beyoncé pseudo political.

I want Sup Forums to leave

Actual leftists dislike Beyoncé too

Centrists too

>but this is originally from the Sun, so we probably shouldn't trust this
You do realize that most clothes, from any company, come from sweat shops, right? It's not exactly a stretch to assume that her clothing line is being made by overworked, underpaid workers operating in terrible conditions.

>Beyoncé’s “Ivy Park” clothing line is made in sweatshops that pay their workers just £4.30 (approximately $6.17) per day. The mostly female workforce lives in a communal boarding facility, and many reportedly work 60 hours per week in an attempt to get by on their modest salaries.

>Beyoncé launched the Ivy Park clothing line earlier this year, with the aim of empowering “women who want to look and feel at the top of their game.”

she probably laffs at it drinking cocaine while some white slut boy slave sucks on her toes

>“My goal with Ivy Park is to push the boundaries of athletic wear and to support and inspire women who understand that beauty is more than your physical appearance. True beauty is in the health of our minds, hearts and bodies,” Beyoncé reportedly said while launching the brand. “I know that when I feel physically strong, I am mentally strong and I wanted to create a brand that made other women feel the same way.”

>But one employee at the MAS Holdings factory in Sri Lanka told the Sun that all the talk of female empowerment is “just for the foreigners. They want the foreigners to think everything is OK.”

>The women and some men reportedly stitch clothes for the 228-piece clothing line by day and then return at night to live in a 100-room communal dorm with a shared shower block. The facility is reported to have a 10:30 pm curfew each night, mostly for the workers’ own safety.

>“The work is hard — it’s just the same, same, same every day,” one machinist earning 18,500 rupees (roughly $125.30) per month told the paper. “We don’t get to go home much because we work all the time. They say if you work you can go up, up, up, but that’s just office workers. For us it stays the same always.”

you clearly do since you felt the need to shitpost

Who run the world
Girls (Girls)
Who run the world
Girls (Girls)
Who run this mutha
Girls (Girls)
Who run this mutha
Girls (Girls)

>Women need empowering by buying my products. C'mon ladies, you can do it.

your Queen is a slaver, faggot. suck on that one for a bit.

Beyoncé is trash but you've got to be aware how much what you're saying is grasping for straws

she... has a feminist, empowering clothing line made by people working for pennies in a locked up sweatshop.

you don't need to stretch anything to see the hypocrisy in this

>uses a tripcode
>says retarded shit

just like poetry

NEVER QUESTION THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR WHORE QUEEN

>we can do it - in chinese slave labour houses where people suicide when they realize they´ll never make a fortune with anything unlike Jewonce
i wonder what the factory girls think about this cunt :^) she just gotta get stupid on stage like miley and fuck around for millions while they work their asses off being poor every week of the year

Pop-popping this
thang back
Drop, drop,
dropping this
thang back

>ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! (ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

i think she fully knows and realizes she's just doing her schtick cuz people are eating it up, but the day she starts believing her own bs would be a scary day

hahaha

>pagesix
>Your source for celebrity news, gossip, entertainment, pop culture, photos, video and more.

Beyonce's company has already responded to it that they do indeed own the factory but claim it is working within Indian laws (which means, pennies by the hour)

also, many publications are covering this story, and an Anti-Slavery group is calling what her company is doing technically slavery

>Beyonce's company has already
>also, many publications are covering this story
[citations needed]

itt: poptimists got told

why are pop fans always super dumb?

Ivy Park (the company)'s statement on the matter:
>A statement released by Ivy Park says, "Ivy Park has a rigorous ethical trading program. We are proud of our sustained efforts in terms of factory inspections and audits, and our teams worldwide work very closely with our suppliers and their factories to ensure compliance."

And as far as publications, just fucking google 'beyonce sweatshop' and see for yourself.

the fact that her company responded means it is true. that some larger news sources are not wanting to cover this is because she's a huge brand who gets them a lot of clicks

Why would you want to support a literal slaver? Are you invested in the narrative around her? Do you feel it would puncture holes in your integrity?

Today poptimists just got utterly destroyed.

Beyonce IS poptimism... poptimism incarnate, and embodies the supposed moral authority and social significance it is supposed to have to these people.

They should have seen this coming, judged her as many of us sensed she really was, and this really devastates the poptimist's credibility, shows just how off their instincts were.

They should all just kill themselves, I think.

>beauty is more than your physical appearance

How convenient.

just look at that fine bitch in her sweatshop-made threads

she could enslave me anyday (if I were poor and Indian)

YAAAS QUEEN SLAY (literally slay these malnourished Sri Lankans)

I think the fact that black americans can have their own dark-skinned slaves of their own is a really progressive step.

And since black people can't be racist, I'm also somehow mad at white people in all this for some reason.

how come beyonce always look so white? is she a transnegro?

maybe having slaves make her clothing magically makes her a white blonde woman suddenly, as only white people are capable of such things

or maybe just all people are fucked up, everyone is kind of prejudiced and exploitative and self-serving, and most people, especially women, probably secretly want to be whites

think it's time to make my first 3 paragraph facebook link post since i was 16. this will definitely make me some friends

>Azealia Banks calls Zayn Malik a "curry scented Paki sand nigger"
>"y'all just picking on Azealia cuz she's a dark skinned black woman and proud"
>Beyonce has borderline slaves making her faux feminist clothing
>"lmao at people pinning the blaming the black woman for Top Shop's fault, so predictable"

Reminder that SJWs have no interest in social justice and are merely "picking a team" and being assholes about it.

THIS. fucking hell.

This is why I see it all as a meaningless joke. It's just people picking memes and meming at each other. Nothing more.

>"y'all just picking on Azealia cuz she's a dark skinned black woman and proud"

Yeah buddy, that's why she got kicked out of the UK

stop making shit up just to get yourself upset

I somehow feel its all the white folks fault.
Its not possible for a black American to be a slave owner.
Do tribes in Africa enslave other tribe members?

>Yes, yes they do.

So you're telling me that the whole "empowerment" shit was just a ploy to sell records?

Well colour me surprised, I didn't see that one coming.

that image would be awesome with that text overlayed on it

To be fair with Azealia, it's mostly her going on about the "iz it because i is black" bollocks. Most people, even the SJWs, are seeing her as being in the wrong on this one.

This goes out to all my girls
That's in the club
Rocking the latest
Who will buy it
For themselves
And get more money later

>why can't poptimist pseudo-'progressives' see this
They can they just agree.

nice shitpost friend

She's a capitalist whore fake bitch.

I'm glad Beyonce is facing a bit of heat because mainstream culture worships her as a golden girl who is perfect in every way. I much preferred when she knew what she was, a vapid pop star. Now she thinks she's an artiste of political authenticity and every publication is enabling her.

WWBD??

>publications
>Metro
>Radar Online
>The Telegraph

Wew lad

>Why would you want to support a literal slaver?
Me not being autistic about this ≠ supporting
>Are you invested in the narrative around her?
Not really, more out of curiosity
Are you interested in the "narrative" around her?
>Do you feel it would puncture holes in your integrity?
He fell for the integrity meme
Integrity is a spook

that's the definition of burgeois feminism: c'mon oppressive men, let us women run a sweatshop full of slaves as well

>Are you interested in the "narrative" around her?
I am utterly sick of her, but she is inescapable. And now these cunt critics are trying to forcefeed this insulting idea that she's a relevant artist because she has a progressive social message.

So, yes, I'm glad her facade has finally cracked a bit for the first fucking time.

I'm sick of her fucking fake face. I'm sick of her twat fans.

>because she has a progressive social message.
She doesn't even have that desu

cont

And I don't even care that she takes power in life. I have nothing against that. I have a problem that people dishonestly attribute this stupid false social value to it.

She's a pure careerist. Nothing more. The sooner people see this as the actual state of things the better. I want progressives to be disillusioned cynics. I want them to crack. I want all the fake people to fucking crack and give up. Fuck them. They're pushing a sickening lie.

WE'RE ALL WEARING SWEATSHOP CLOTHING, AND IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER

Well typed, sir/madame.

>I want progressives to be disillusioned cynics. I want them to crack. I want all the fake people to fucking crack and give up. Fuck them. They're pushing a sickening lie.
>WE'RE ALL WEARING SWEATSHOP CLOTHING, AND IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER
wew

oh, yes, you're so noble

I'm sure you're not complicit in any of this