306 days until Windows 7 is 10 years old and officially embarrassing to use it

tik tok bois.

>tfw used Windows 7 M1 on Jan 2008 as primary OS

Still using as gayman machine. Also printer rdp redirecting.

>embarassing to use

The real embarrassment is all the oxygen and food you've consumed until now user

The only thing that is embarrassing is that Windows 7 is superior to Windows 10.

> implying
Windows was always bloatware that needed cleaning. Every current version got hate, including 7 but little kids are unaware of that.
Clean your 10 with ooshutup10 and antibeacon and it's basically fine - as fine as a windows OS can be.

lots of people are still using xp and some even win 2000 and theres nothing wrong with that.

Windows 7 clean is cleaner than Windows 10 clean.

All this time and XP is still better

>no 64-bit support
>no 32-bit support on 64-bit version

Come to the land of the free.

Hah, I have to run a virtualized Windows XP just to use a special VPN software at work. This is just for one customer, though.

I use it until it gets no more security updates.
Deal with it cuckold.

mine's still going strong my lad

Give me one good reason to use win10 over 7
I'll use it till it's absolutely killed by win.

>video tearing intensifies

compton

install compton or any other good compositor

not on gentoo and i dont even have that compton meme installed

The last version of the Xfce compositor was updated and tearing is no longer a problem.

thank fucking christ

The only thing is that the last version, 4.13, ends in a odd number which means it is a development version. If you are having any stability problems try 4.12.

There's no way to fix MS's absolute incompetence when it comes to UI and consistency.
I'll stick with 7 until right-click menus look the same in all applications.

I'll stop using in 2020 once it stops getting regular security updates.

Considering XP POS is supported till 2019 and my father still uses it as such for his business I have absolutely no need to move from 7 to 10.

Reminder that I was using Windows 2000 until mid-2010.

8.1 pro isn't bad with classic shell.

Using Windows is embarrassing on itself.

>officially embarrassing to use
lel
Good thing my gentoo rig will be ready by then

> Still metro shit on settings

Having been a sysadmin at the time, it is a fact that Windows 7 received significantly less hate than most other Windows releases in recent memory. It came after Vista, after all.

>embarrassing on itself

>embarrassing to use it
according to who

Windows 2000 was the best version of windows ever made. My last computer with windows 2000 was retired in 2008.

>mfw its just like the end of xp support
306 to prepare for watching this hilarious shitshow

input lag

>he has to use third party software just to make the OS he paid for work properly.
that's pretty pathetic..

>he has to use third party software just to make the OS he paid for work properly.

but a least it does work properly after. linux never works properly no matter what you do.

>linux never works properly no matter what I do because I'm a brainlet

works on my machine, but I'm not a brainlet.

>Linux doesn't need 3rd party software

You have everything in the repositories

>get win10 on a tablet
>it's trash
>forced massive updates
>uneeded (((security updates))) fill entire hard drive
>can't be turned off

>Repositories aren't third party software

oh shit! you got me user. my open source OS that doesn't require debotneting every update, comes right out of the box with more features then windows and I paid a total 0.00 for uses third party software. so embarrassed.

>10 years old
>still leagues better than w10
ISHSHIGGY

See, I got a problem with that. Windows Vista wasn't a bad Operating System. Yeah, it had a lot of bloat, yeah, it was too many features for average processing power of the time, but Windows Vista was good compared to Windows 10.
>Completely unified interface
>Great security over XP (I had much less people complaining about viruses and more complaining about UAC pop-ups)
>It felt futuristic, especially if you could actually afford the core 2 quad EE, and 8800Ultra at the time
>You could debloat it to have a smaller impact than both xp and 7
>DX10 was a great improvement, and running Crysis 1 on ultra for the first time felt really special.

I'd understand people using xp, but win2k..

And I've just downgraded to 7 because I was sick of the FPS drops and all the bullshit of the last 10 update

My windows 7 is slow as shit now, I've had the same install for 8 damn years
Do I backup everything and reinstall 7 or switch to 10? I use 10 at work and it's growing on me but I still don't like all the flat shit I like the transparency of 7 and that the file explorer isn't shit

I've been running the same exact Windows 7 Ultimate install since 2010. Drive's been cloned and I've changed the core hardware over time (New mobo/ram/cpu/Graphics) but the install itself has stayed the same. No activation B.S either. (Thanks Daz). Literately just install new parts, install existing boot/system hdd, boot computer, install new found device drivers, that's it. Works like a charm.

>he doesn't do a fresh installation of his OS at least every year

Nah mate how about you go fuck yourself.

Literally me except I had to reactivate once (out if like 5 component upgrades) but it took a minute and Just Werked™.

Linux is a kernel and gnu/Linux is literally chainlink thirdpartyware

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I recently took advantage of the final days to get win 10 free as an upgrade to 7.

never mind it literally took me two days to get it done within 10 minutes I knew I wanted nothing to do with it.. first off it would not recognize my SHARP Aquos 43" 4k TV over HDMI 2.0 so I couldn't use that as a monitor.. it was gorged with all kind of garbage bloatware and I reverted back to 7.. it was free to me and I have no expectation of paying for an OS as long as web architecture is compatible with it. I have a machine with XP pro on it and I;d be using that still if there wasn't so little web compatibility.

Reinstall 7 if it's unbearable, then remember to make a backup copy once you've set everything up so you can just flash it back in if necessary. In any case, do not fall for the Windows 10 meme.

>every year
It's not Windows 95.

ME TOO NOW EXCUSE ME ITS 4 PM NOW SO IVE GOT TO GET TO THE DINER FOR THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL DON'T WANT TO BE IN BED LATER THAN 8

So many other things in my life look more embarrassing than the operating system I choose to run on my computer hardware.

test

Jesus christ remove this thread, it makes me feel old af.

I didn't say Vista was bad, just that it wasn't well received. A Vista performs better than a 7 box in 2018, but no one seems to realize that

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

>worked pretty nice
>reliable
>looked alright
>doesn't have ads built into the OS
>no AI assisstant who is also an NSA snitch

We'll never see a mainstream operating system that is all of these things ever again.

>pay money for microshit windaids 7
>MS forces upgrade to ten
>now full of spyware

Why do you people put up with this bullshit when quality software like ubuntu is available?

The only single good thing about 10 is that Hyper-V is very nice