Where do you stand on the pyramid of taste?

Where do you stand on the pyramid of taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/a3o32m1c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music#Elektronische_Musik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I will destroy the pyramid, Mr Bond.

>by hampus
kek

Top Kek!! Hahaha

>sonorism, aleatoricism, indeterminacy over serialism and spectralism
"no"
"no"
NO
NO

>pseudo elite shit nobody really listens to

Check em

Naw, check mine

""""haha""""

thats some illuminati shit right their like fucking triangles pizza shapes n shieet my taste is too bitch ass nigga to be contained in a motherfucking pyramid fucking thing if you know what im supersayan

degenerates

Haha

Nice new word you've learned there fammilia

thnx my daddy told me to use it at the bad people

These charts have always been idiotic. Thinking of music in terms of "X is more complex and challenging than Y" completely destroys your ability to really enjoy music.

>"X is more complex and challenging than Y"

Who said thats what the image is about?

>seeking intellectually stimulating music destroys your ability to enjoy it
lolk

just above the top

clyp.it/a3o32m1c

These threads always reek of insecure underage who would rather listen to something they enjoy less if it gave them an imaginary contrarian status. Literally the cancer of this board.

Also check em

a blend of type III and IV

>tfw type IV

Seeking stimulating music is one thing. Sorting it by "weirdness" is what gets you thinking about it the wrong way. Do you get what I mean?

why is minimal synth on both levels II and III

why are EAI and onkyo-kei on different levels

People that listen to music from anywhere at or near the top of the pyramid = no friends?

Where does it say it's sorted by "weirdness"? Or "complexity and challenging" for that matter?

>tfw "Soundtrack" Type-0

soundtrack is objectively the most subhuman shit imagineable

>why is minimal synth on both levels II and III
Mistake on my part, it gets difficult knowing if you've successfully moved something or just copied it with this many terms.

It seems from the background images you used for each layer that you see each higher layer as more evolved. If thats not what you were going for then maybe you should change those background images. Let me clarify , Its the whole musical hierarchy thing that im against. Whatever you happen to be sorting it by.

You can be against whatever you want, it's not going to change anything.

As in movie soundtracks orrr what

So do you think of music in a hierarchy like this? Just curious, what traut are you sortinf it by? How stimulstinf you find it ,I suppose? I guess you and I just enjoy music in a very different way.

What trait are you sorting it by*

Zappa's music encompasses every layer of the pyramid, no?

Hey im really curious as to what exactly youre sorting these genres by. Tell us!

fIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF :)

I almost started to like you

Grave mistake.

tfw when type II on a good day

cringe

Type 0

Plase explain me precisely the meaning of the vertical axis.

>":)"

If you're in any type other than 1 or 0 you should seriously kys

Hi r3ddit!

I love how Middle Eastern music is just high up because it's really edgy. Middle Eastern music is pretty much almost exactly the same as European music. Sup Forums is fucking full of autistic tools who think liking the edgiest/most underground/"lol im special snoflake :3" music is good. anyone who takes this retarded chart seriously is fucking retarded.

American Primitivism is Type III? Why? Because it's an unheard of genre, despite essentially being average, run of the mill folk.

South East Asian Classical? Incredibly similar to Western music.

It's sad how ignorant, uneducated people actually take this shit seriously.

2 1 and 0 ofc

>South East Asian Classical? Incredibly similar to Western music.

Ignore this bait.

Its sad how easily baited by the chart you were.

Its intention is for people who explore music, the lowest level being the most commonly listened to genres, thats it.

You clearly haven't listened to any then. Believe it or not, pentascales aren't unheard of, you uneducated twat.

Can i has an exaple of all type-v gengers?

>Oi mate have you heard the new traditional middle Eastern band?
>Oh? How about the new improvisational acousticelectro record?
>Surely you've listened to the latest Albanian iso-polyphony album?
Pls no one actually listens to this stuff and if you do you need to get out more. Music is meant to be enjoyed with friends not listened to on your own in your uni flat/mum's spare room.

Why are you even here? Fuck off to your fratboys bro. You are obviously not interested in music.

what is it sorted by? ive never seen you reply to this question...wonder why i'm even asking, you don't even know

no-input is as far as i am willing to go

Type III but only because American Primitivism and Free Jazz are higher than they should be.

Type 0 here.

Rate my favourite bands.

I'm very intressted in music but I think I'll leave this board and go back to my 'frat boys' lol.

10/10

Would share a Faygo with.

Did you just translate "electronic music" into German and put it in III because it sounds edgy or is that an actual genre?

If so link me some Elektronische Musik please.

i have a had time believing most of these are actual genres

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music#Elektronische_Musik

Took 3 seconds. Even fucking wikipedia has it as a sub-genre and that is saying something.

So it's a "genre" that has 1 artist who did ambient.

Ridiculous.

It's rated by autism. Can't you see? The names 'Type I' ,"Type II", sound exactly like the different variations of a disease. The disease is autism. Type 2 is like mild autism, while type V is an assburgers sufferer who's obsession is music

haha nope! figure out yourselfe!!1 1! ! ! !!!! ! !

Type-0 for the bleeps
Type-II for baroque and classical era

you forgot to add chillstep on TYPE III