Is 20 too old to start making music and become as good as James Ferraro...

Is 20 too old to start making music and become as good as James Ferraro?I can spend all my time on it (15 hours a day) since I'm neet.

follow ur dreams no matter what.

I know.Its the only thing I really want and I have some experience with D.A.W.s already but I want to be sure about it.Also I will be 20 after 2 months.

No, it's not too late in any way or form, go ahead

If it's too late for you at 20, then I guess it's too late for anyone who wants to turn their life around over anything at that point, right?

Don't be pessimistic. Make your dreams a reality :)

what does "too late" even mean? it's not like time doesn't pass when you're not doing anything

well ferraro doesn't make music for music sakes. in interviews he says majority of his projects are for Sound installation
so if you wanna get good as ferraro or be his advancer you need to have some kind of concept in mind

Just fucking do it my man

I dreamt that I lived in a Polish-Russian nuclear bunker (possibly after the bombs hit) and a security guard became my gf. How can I follow this dream?

ferraro started touring at 16 but he had lots of friends in the scene so he was kinda privileged

Move to Russia first

yeah but that is quite different from simply turning your life around.
I know that and I too don't want to make music for the sake of it but I still need to be able to make something that doesn't sound like a complete mess
Not that hard considering that you just need a bit of money for it and since I live in a eastern european country I can tell you that here everything is waaaay cheaper.

>PoC
>privileged

fucking kys

I've been trying to ape that early ferraro sound for a while, even got myself a tascam 4 track and a cheap sampler but I simply can't do it. there's something missing

it takes 10,000 hours to master something

at 15 hours a day it will take you 666 days

so in about two years you can be a master musician if you bust your ass 15 hours a day

How would a NEET make good music? That requires passion and heart, things you obviously lack. This is just something youre interested in because youre too scared of real life, get a job, get a gf and chill the fuck out.

>the 100000 meme
Can't tell if its bait but I don't want to slave my life away in some shitty job.And just because I'm neet that doesn't mean that im your average anime shitposter.

Is "is 20 too old..." the new meme outline? If so, im fucking done with this shitty board.

>the 10000 meme
But its not a meme you fucking tool.

>slave my life away
Do something you like more or less, or if your parents are rich godspeed I guess.

so you rather slave away your life hoping some p4k,anthony and rym give you good ratings. so ppl can pirate your music while you tour in roach motels?

Not too be mean but all these "underground" guys like ferraro blunt,opn have connections with rich people to keep them float

>all these "underground" guys like ferraro blunt,opn have connections with rich people to keep them float

source on that?

I wouldn't call it slaving when its something you really enjoy.Perhaps you can explain me what slaving actually means?

Jandek released his first album when he was 32-33 years old. He had written several novels and failed at getting them published before he even started making music.

Keiji Haino released his first album when he was 28-29 and released his second 8 years later.

Why would 20 years old be too late ?

Oh, and Jhonn Balance started making music with Coil at 20 years old. Look how far he got with that.

Steven Stapleton recorded his first album in his 20s when he hadn't even touched an instrument before.

It definitely is.

How so?

Slapping the title of meme on something because you dont like it and because you want to reject it is childish. Stay a neet you disgusting leech. You will never be a successful musician let alone a decent one. I unironically think you should kill yourself you fucking degenerate

Jandek is really different case and his music is still taken as novelty music
Keiji Haino is exception
>Jhonn Balance
We all know that Christopherson did anything and Balance just sang.

I'm not going to give up but It seems that most musicians had musical upbringing which really helped them in the long term

>spend 10,000 hours doing something

>not mastering it

OP here.I was not the guy you were replying to but COMPOSING music is far different than being virtuouso who play pieces and IMO it takes more than simply doing it for whatever hours.

But it fucking doesnt. If you do something for 10000 hours your going to be brilliant at that thing.

There is no such thing as innate talent. There is only hard work.

Definitely not too late. The main guitarist for The Wrecking Crew started when he was around 24.

>PoC
>looks white as fuck on most of his pictures and is actually mixed

That 10k hours thing would potentially be valid if music were a skill and not an art. But that isn't the case ; music is about creativity, and creativity isn't something that can be "mastered". It's something that only comes from inspiration, and spending 10,000 hours doing something is a really good way to never, ever get inspired by it, especially if you're doing it the same way 15 hours a day for two years.

Do you realize how wrong you are? Do you realize how idiotic you sound? I bet you dont bud.

Fact : you have never made music before in your life.

Have you? Lets hear some of thay pure inspiration ya gor buddy. Im fuckinf dying to hear what you made with a few hours of experience you have.

OK, here it is. It's considered a highly influential avant-garde work. What have you accomplished with your thousands of hours of effort ?

you aren't jandek though

Did i ever say i wrote music or had 10000 hours of experience? Im merely contesting your retarded concept of inspiration over masterful skill and talent.

No I'm not, but I have more experience than Jandek did at the time that he recorded that album, and my music isn't as influential as that album, which proves my point.

So you're insisting that your theory is valid, yet you've never attempted it yourself. OK.

Im insisting that someone with skill and talent will make someting better than someone with little to no skill or talent and heaps of inspiration. Its not a theory, its a logical conclusion.

So you're saying that Dream Theater is better than Burzum. You and I have very different tastes, then.

why would you even compare the two

>or listen to either

Because one has more experience and technical skill than the other so it must be objectively better music. Also every artist's discography gets progressively better and the last album is always their best.

You are one retarded cunt arent ya.

define skill
define talent
define inspiration
define better

you're arguing over things that can't be quantified or compared

spend 10,000 hours playing guitar, you'll be good at guitar
spend 10,000 hours composing, you'll be good at composing

doesn't mean you'll be able to make an album any person in particular will like though, since taste is clearly subjective

in addition to that, you can "master" (define that) something with less than 10,000 hours, but if you put that many hours in you're almost guaranteed to be at least good at whatever it is you were practising

doesn't mean you'll have good ideas though

10,000 hours is a bad number. It's one of Malcolm Gladwell's pop-pscyhology soundbites.

And it really matters what you spend your time doing on a more specific level. You can learn and practice guitar for 10,000 hours but if that entire time you're just becoming a master of the blues, you'll find yourself quite irrelevant in today's musical landscape.

true, I was trying to show that "making music" can be broken down into different elements, but obviously the elements I listed can themselves be further dissected

No, I was just repeating your statements. You literally just called yourself retarded.

Creativity, imagination and making music are all just functions that the neurons in our wetware compute. The only limitations that are to the computational capabilites of our brain are set by limits on our ability to store data and process data.
The plasticity of our brain allows us to train every form of computation that can be performed within the limits of human brain, including creativity, imagination and making music.
10k hours seem to be plenty of time to master a skill.

Of course if you want master the skill of making music, spending the 10k hours on making nightcore remixes of Nickleback songs might not be enough. To learn to make music you can just spend the 10k hours to make music, but to learn to make good music you must spend the 10k hours really putting effort into making good music.

-_- playing an instrument and making music are two diifferent sets of skills

>Also every artist's discography gets progressively better and the last album is always their best.
to make a good album you dont need to be at making music, just like you can cook a good dish and then never be able to make it again, you can make a good album and never make an album as good as that again, but if you are really good at making music then after making the good album you can also make another cause you understand what made the first good album good and you know how to recreate that

d