>there are people who still deny Nirvana was a punk band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8DP_MyPddo
youtube.com/watch?v=h5UVjrBe3cE
youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6B96NyaJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=l0sbjPvin0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok

>there are people who still deny Kurt's death was an inside job conducted by Courtney to make millions off the royalties, since her music career was already circling the drain.

FINALLY someone who speaks the TRUTH

>there are people who believe Nirvana were a punk band

desu it could be true, but I don't really care either way. She lucked out over what happened, and we got Foo Fighters as a result.

>there are people who believe Nirvana existed

good for her, she deserves it

that album is more like new wave than punk tho

and it'll shit anywhere that it please

>since her music career was already circling the drain

Dude, the hype for Live Through This was insane.

>there are people who still listen to nirvana

this album makes me moist

>there are people that don't understand that early Courtney and Live Through This are better than any Cobain

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=D8DP_MyPddo

Genres are pretty big umbrella terms to begin with

>those comments
I remember when I was 12

>watching Sliders
>one of the parallel earths they visited had a Nirvana Christmas album
now i can't stop wondering what it would sound like

>there are people who think punk existed

too funny

Name me one Nirvana song you think that's emblematic of the punk lifestyle/political message

Nirvana is shit desu only faggots like this band
Check my 7

lmao i bet you like the fucking sex pistols

Is it bad taste when I consider Territorial Pissings to be one of my favourite punk rock songs of all time?

if Nirvana hadn't blown up, they'd totally be regarded as an underground noise rock band in the vein of Scratch Acid, Meat Puppets, Flipper... though they were just as good as being a Pastels-style twee band

but then, I guess that's why they blew up

youtube.com/watch?v=h5UVjrBe3cE

> Aneurysm
> You Know You're Right
> Sliver
> Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam (The Vaselines cover)
> Dumb
> School
> In Bloom
> Lithium

When I was 11 the only place I heard them was an awful metal station that would play them alongside terrible metal bands like Metallica and Disturbed, so I didn't think much of them.
When I was 15 they had some songs I loved, but found them frustratingly uneven, and maybe a little lame compared to Mudhoney
When I was in college I thought they were amazing, but certainly not a favorite
now some of the songs are just absurdly powerful to me. It's like the older I get, the more this band moves me. Maybe this is embarrassing to say, but it's gotten to the point where I'd take them over Led Zeppelin (not that I was ever the biggest Zeppelin fan).

no

>there is people who think the Sex Pistols wasn't a boys band

the Sex Pistols are kinda hard to analyze. They wrote some decent pop songs, and John Lydon did have a fun energy. I think his problem was he was just beginning to form the political and artistic ideas he'd actually explore on the first three PiL albums (and then completely abandon), so they feel silly and impotent with the Pistols. The Sex Pistols were a pretty light, easy pop band in a lot of ways, and part of that was because Glen Matlock was a good pop songwriter, which is exactly what he wanted to be and would push further with the Rich Kids. Steve Jones actually has a really cool, loose Johnny Thunders-influenced guitar style, and Paul Cook was a competent drummer. IMO they were a competent, if mediocre, punk band that was overpublicized before they reached their full potential, which is why they fell apart before reaching their full powers. They were inferior to some of their contemporaries like The Damned, the Ramones, and even Crass. It's actually lucky that The Clash weren't overexposed as much, because that left them free to continue to develop into the band that did London Calling.

>>op Dude, Kurt did enjoy punk rock, but the band Nirvana did a spin off, off of a sub-genre of a sub-genre which made Grunge. Bleach a punk album, Maybe? Is fecal Matter a punk band? most certainly. but nirvana is not a punk band. it is grunge. sorry dude.

>there are people who still deny Nirvana was a bad band

Grunge was barely a scene. It was essentially a mix of garage punk (Mudhoney, Nirvana, Seaweed), hard rock (Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden), and metal (Tad, Melvins, Alice in Chains) bands that influenced each other slightly. Grunge was a label for the Seattle scene, and everybody in Seattle hated it.

BTW, there was a straight up punk band in Portland in the late 70s that pretty much had the Nirvana sound: youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6B96NyaJ4

reddit gold

>early Courtney and Live Through This are better than any Cobain

troof

youtube.com/watch?v=l0sbjPvin0U

more like Poop Punk xDDDDd11111!!

>tfw people have been so attached to the grunge label they'll insist on implying Pearl Jam and the Melvins are the same genre because DUDE GRUNGE LMAO

Not even autistic, but this really pisses me off

>YouTube comments on Melvins videos
>lel this sounds just like metal except it's grunge lmao

*pop

holy shit that song went from thats actally good to complete horseshit in a span of a minute

Sex Pistols wrote more interesting songs than the Ramones tbqh