/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIccEsN-luw
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
youtube.com/watch?v=ibSO9vtWEpA
stereophile.com/content/benchmark-dac3-hgc-da-preamplifier-headphone-amplifier
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HD660s a best.
Topping DX7S a best.
Why don't you have the best set up on it's way to you user?

Good OP.

What's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=BIccEsN-luw

>HD660s a best.
Overpriced garbage. Costs more than an L300 and a used HD800 and sounds like a worse version of an already overpriced headphone (HD600).
>Topping DX7S a best.
Inplying you can even hear the difference between the OL DAC and this garbage. Overpriced chinkshit for autistic "muh components" faggots.
>Why don't you have the best set up on it's way to you user?
I ordered STAX, so I have the best setup on its way to me.

>HD660s a best.
>Why don't you have the best set up on it's way to you user?
I do, it's called stax

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

"I'm too poor to afford more than one headphone"
"I'm too poor to afford a nice dac and amp"
What kind of headphone enthusiast are you lol

i want to fug yui

people who post K-on and inspired animu should be rounded up and shot.

kys

you should be jealous of people who like animes you think are shit. I wish I had shit taste so I could enjoy everything better instead of being a depressing asswipe like yourself

The one and only good K-on meme.

same goes for audiophoolery
I wish I was an audiophool and believed I could hear magic improvements in a $1000 benchmark dac amp

>What kind of headphone enthusiast are you lol
I'm the "one-does-all" kind. I like flat, uncolored sound. There's no reason for me to buy multiple pair of headphones.
>"I'm too poor to afford a nice dac and amp"
Am I ? Linear flat, transparent without audible flaws like distortion and jittering-inducing features gear is cheap.
Sure you can buy a balanced DAC that measures well. Or you can realize that non of this matters at all by doing a blind test on gear that measures well at different price points and base your purchases on that.

what a stupid comparison. one is entertainment and the other is measureable.

feet user would disagree

These arguments are some hot cancer. post 9/11 anime is trash. A Benchmark DAC3 HGC is a great DAC/amp.

did you just steal my cirno meme
youtube.com/watch?v=ibSO9vtWEpA
I need to get myself a telecaster to become a math rock musician too

Measured to be audibly equivalent to an O2/ODAC :)

>you should be jealous of people who like animes you think are shit. I wish I had shit taste so I could enjoy everything better instead of being a depressing asswipe like yourself
I'm not going to pretend anime is some kind of grand art or anything. It never was. But it was kinda fun entertainment in the past, while we're now drowning in absolutely shitty cute girls moeblobs and some random mediocre shonens in between.
If there's anyone who's depressing, it is not me, who despise this shit, but the people who enabled the utter wasteland that is modern anime.

kys

It's a great money sink, if you want to waste something to the tune of $800 on zero audible improvement.

>it is not me, who despise this shit, but the people who enabled the utter wasteland that is modern anime.
yeah, native otakus in japan. so get on their ass. they drive the market, not 4channers you stupid fuck

>kys
Nice ebonics.
Bit more than $800. It's the best performing DAC on the market. One of the best AMPs also.
>zero audible improvement.
Just wrong.

neck yourself

you're the hd600 + dac3 owner, correct?

>Just wrong.
Prove, using blind testing, that there is an audible difference between an O2/ODAC and your benchmark snake oil. Oh what's that? You can't? Something about magic rocks? Oh, user.

>hd600 + dac3
No way someone is retarded enough to buy a $2k DAC with an HD600. No way. I can't believe this.

Heard the 600, heard the 650, heard the 660
the 660 is the best
also never heard two amps that sound the same
u peeple r dehulusional

Oh you better believe it ;). And this bad boy will call your taste in anime Reddit. He's kind of a badass, watch out.

>also never heard two amps that sound the same

yeah, he sold his hd800 for an hd600 and makes fun of people for not owning speakers

No I own HD800S.
>Muh blind test
I have my own ears. You can tell the different the second you turn on the DAC3 HGC and hear the volume pot spin.

oh lol it's this guy

I own msr7s i use regularly with my phone.. i hear alot of talk of DACs and was wondering should i buy one? And which one? Also is the sound quality difference huge?

>excuses
Aww user, you realize that your subpar ears aren't proof, right? I can hear the difference magic rocks make too.

>CAREFREE ENJOYMENT: I’ve been listening almost exclusively to the ODAC for several weeks now and I’ve been smiling a lot—not so much at the ODAC but at the music. When you know your audio gear is genuinely transparent it opens a worry-free window into the music. And, while I suffer from expectation bias just like everyone else, I’ve run a second blind listening test and can report the O2+ODAC held its own against the $1600 Benchmark DAC1. They both are audibly transparent.

People who actually blind tested Benchmark's stuff vs well made cheap DACs couldn't hear a difference. That was the DAC1 but I doubt anything major changed since then.

Are the measurements fake too user? You know the ones that are better than your O2/ODAC.

>HD800S
the doujin stack user? you kidding me?

This is a different user....

No, the measurements are right. The benchmark measures better. It doesn't mean it sounds better.

Of course not user. But my pure gold wire measures better than your wire, and I'll sell it to you for the low low price of $10000000. You interested?

think this is the guy with the Launch fig

>The benchmark measures better. It doesn't mean it sounds better.
You know Benchmark has a pretty good return policy? I could had returned it if I wasn't happy. But I didn't.

Why are you so scared of acknowledging the truth? It's easy to find some schmuck to buy your secondhand snake oil.

>Why are you so scared of acknowledging the truth?
Well Benchmark isn't snake oil. Sorry you think otherwise. Other DACs are fine. They're just not the DAC3.

Silly user, just because you say it isn't snake oil and so fervently want to convince yourself it isn't snake oil, it is, in fact, snake oil. Very unfortunate for you.

sounds like you worked yourself into a shoot, mark

Reposting request from old thread

>Budget
200-250
>Location
United States
>Source
Would like to use for both laptop and desktop with amp, if you could suggest an amp that would be much appreciated.
>Type of headphones
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>comfort
Comfy and don't hurt my ears.
>Past headphones
AKG 240, dont like that they leak sound and don't block noise very well. Also the long cord is a hassle.

So snake oil is when you like something because it's better and that something has the company and measurements to proves it's better?

Better in what way? Certainly not audibly better. Unless you have the double blind test to prove it. Which, unfortunately, you do not, because it isn't audibly better. Better luck next time, user!

what phone is dis

Daily reminder that 200+$ open headphones are a meme because you can get something like lsr305 instead.

SMSL iDEA + MSR7/Takstar Pro 82

>Unless you have the double blind test to prove it.
No headphone has ever had an actual double blind test. Stick to words you actually understand.

Daily reminder that you can't because mommy refused to bump up your allowance.

Whoa, I didn't know the Benchmark DAC3 was a headphone. I guess you learn something new every day.

b&o h6
not sure if gen 1 or gen 2

>No headphone has ever had an actual double blind test.
Strong claims need strong proof. And proving a negative is all but impossible.

No I said headphone because I'm aware of double blind tests involving speakers.

garbage for fashionistas

The measurements are on the Benchmark website. Feel free to look.

t. fell for the hd600 meme

Excellent deflection. Just sell the snake oil, friend. You'll be happier without it.

>MSR7
Doesn't need an amp. Don't bother with the SMSL.
Takstar Pro 82 probably doesn't need an amp either. I don't own it so I dunno.

SMSL is still a clean and portable DAC, probably a better option than listening to a laptop's headphone out.

Would getting real lather pads like those sheepskin brainwavz for msr7 change the sound?

Not selling anything. You can be happy with your O2/ODAC.

Of course you're not, you're still in the denial phase. Hopefully you'll come around to the truth eventually. Good luck user!

Ok user.

>trusting manufacturer measurements

By the way, do you have any Reddit anime to recommend me? I'm thinking of expanding my horizons.

stereophile.com/content/benchmark-dac3-hgc-da-preamplifier-headphone-amplifier
I don't watch much anime past the early 2000s.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Give me some recommendations, please.

I don't know of anything for a reddit fan.

Sure you do, just tell me all of your favorite shows. Don't be so stingy.

Start with Gunsmith cats.

Is this yuri?

No.

Well, it's a start. Got any others?

Slayers can be good. Gundam Wing is bit of heresy to like I think still but I like it. Excel Saga is a good comedy. And you have all your well known series. Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi, Inuyasha, etc.

I hope you are being ironic

Excel Saga is unironically good.

Inuyasha is just awful repetitive garbage, can't believe I watched some two hundred episodes of that shit.

t. fell for being a child and not having income meme

>Inuyasha
I love it. Guilty pleasure I guess. The movies have some nice artwork.
What's wrong?

>t. fell for being a child and not having income meme
lmao pathetic response geegee

The most pathetic thing about it is that it's true.

>an already overpriced headphone (HD600)
Incorrect. HD600, the best headphones in the world, wouldn't be overpriced at $3,000.

>wouldn't be overpriced at $3,000.
nah they'd be overpriced even at $10

I'm just surprised you claim recent anime is garbage but then list some trash as your favorites. You couldn't even be considered an anime watcher. That's some normie shit and you try to tell people they have reddit taste

Disregard eras, any anime watcher should have tried GitS: SAC, Baccano, Jormungand, Shinsekai Yori, Seirei no Moribito, xxxHOLIC, Black Lagoon, Kino no Tabi, Berserk (the manga is better though), Hellsing.

Being young is bad now?
You wish you were young faggot. And if I had money I'd buy speakers not fall for hd600 shills like you

This post is unironically accurate.

>gundam wing

Disregard eras, any anime watcher should have tried Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON, GochiUsa, Kiniro Mosaic, Candy Boy, Love Live, Manabi Drop, Yuru Yuri, Ichigo marshiemallow.

>Being young is bad now?
Acting like retard is bad.
> And if I had money I'd buy speakers not fall for hd600 shills like you
Then get a job at McDonalds you retarded child and buy those speakers you keep dreaming about.

Try watching some actual anime's from the pre-2000 instead of some cartoon network shit before you try to make fun of post-2000 anime watchers