/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

rTorrent is abandonware Edition

Previous thread >GREAT NEWS
All versions of uTorrent 3.x BTFO. While 2.x also exhibits these entrypoints, at worst a highly specific crashing prank works.
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/utorrent-crash-test.html
lock.cmpxchg8b.com/Ahg8Aesh.html

If you can load localhost:10000 , even if it says 'invalid request', you are allegedly vulnerable.
Set net.discoverable to false under Advanced and disable WebUI, and restart your client.

>THE BLACKLIST
Allowing 2.x: HDB, BTN, PTP, AHD, GGn, APL, JPS, BakaBT
Barring old versions: RED, BIB, AB, OT

If this concerns you, consider switching to
↳queueStalledmeme: qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.0.html
↳Deldonteventhinkabouthavingover100torrents: github.com/Laharah/deluge-uTorrentImport
↳Transmission: github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate
↳Headless Autism: btpd, transmission-daemon + Remote GUI
↳Non-curry: rTorrent

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

proxy.sh/panel/knowledgebase/254/How-can-I-configure-my-uTorrent-client-for-maximum-performance.html
github.com/cfpp2p/transmission
sourceforge.net/projects/transmissiondaemon/files/
github.com/jfurrow/flood
github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate
github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/releases/tag/2.77plus14734-12
github.com/transmission/transmission/wiki/Editing-Configuration-Files
jsonlint.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shitty op

based op

>2.2.1
>Disk overloaded 100%
And how can it be that qStalled downloads faster and connects to most peers?

That's actually fixed pretty easily, at least on most drives. Go into Advanced and set diskio.sparse_files *true.

Allowing 2.x: MAM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but I never had to configure utorrent!!

Someone pls elaborate.

WELL YOU FUCKING DO NOW

neh doesn't work.
>inb4 10 year old drive with 74.5GiB
Got the drive one year ago.

hosting your own server is cheap as shit.
hosting a server with an attack surface as large as your large number of users is not.

It costs so much because they buy a bunch of servers, reverse proxies, DDoS protection, etc. And it probably isn't cheap to find someone to host your pirate site. Comparing it to a shitty video game server is stupid.
Take a tracker like RED, they have about 5M seeds. Every one of those has to be handled by a server somewhere.

With a few more tweaks you can get it peering more aggressively than anything besides maybe Deluge. Speaking of which it would be nice if qBittorrent would unfuck whatever prevents it from literal Deluge tier peering. Seems like it's anyone's guess how they decided on that missed potential.

proxy.sh/panel/knowledgebase/254/How-can-I-configure-my-uTorrent-client-for-maximum-performance.html

You probably need to restart the client.

honestly qbit is comfy a f dont know what your problem is with it

is this any better than the official transmission releases? github.com/cfpp2p/transmission

>Deluge
Had my fun with it - I was surprised that it worked that bad, even with ltconfig on high performance seed it wouldn't connect to peers in the swarm.

>You probably need to restart the client.
Diddely-done 3 times already. I doubt restarting it another time will make it work.

especially that deluge uses the same libtorrent library as qbit does under the hood, DELUGE'S SUPERIOR PEERING IS DEFINITELY NOT PLACEBO!!

Use this
sourceforge.net/projects/transmissiondaemon/files/
based on older and stable transmission release
sourceforge is down atm so you may have some problems to download it

>Brought to you by: cfpp2p
it's literally the same project i linked to, just hosted on a different site

some important stuff (how to set up things etc) is on sourceforge only

Deluge is retarded

seriously, NO FUCKING option to change language, like FFS

So when I use it it's a mix of my native language and english... also, you can't add a torrent and choose a folder to download to? no no no let's just keep one default one

how the fuck are people using that shit?

fuck off pajeet

rtorrent: worst UI ever unless you're a muh CLI autist
rutorrent: hacked together garbage
Transmission-qt: barely usable UI
deluge: max 10 torrents, lel
qstalledmeme: stalled
Transmission Remote GUI + Transmission on localhost or home server: The Optimum solution™

>how the fuck are people using that shit?
Most people are leechers, that's how

Just use flood desu
github.com/jfurrow/flood
a modern web 3.0 framework written in cancerscript

>you can't add a torrent and choose a folder to download to?
Is this bait?

>Node.js
kill yourself

>deluge: max 10 torrents, lel
I never understood this meme. I have like 450 active torrents in deluge right now, and it runs fine.

>May I humbly suggest there be some sort of temporary amnesty regarding HNRs for those members who were using uTorrent 3?

Does it really take a good server not to break from some kid's ddos? And if we take serious ddosers, isn't it true that even RED's server is not enough to be stable. How I see this is serious ddosers don't see a point to ddos sites like RED, and, if they did, then MUCH more expensive than RED's server is needed.

pretty much this, except the remote gui is quite crap and crashes every 10 minutes or so
but the daemon keeps running rock stable so it's not that bad
anyways, you only use the remote gui to add any new torrents and quit it afterwards

no seriously, tell me how the fuck to change the language?

tell me how to choose where to download a file without changing the default path

why would anyone use that shit is beyond me, I would rather use spyware utorrent than this retarded shit

the biggest problem for me is that I have 800+ torrents I'm seeding from PtP/BTN and now the change from utorrent is fucking me over and my only option is deluge because it has a plugin to import from utorrent

just... fucking... shoot... me

I don't even use node, but you are probably only anti-node for some retarded "Sup Forums told me its shit" reason. Enjoy dying alone, I guess.

look at your ram

It isn't just to fend of DDoS attacks by rival trackers *caugh*IPT*caugh*, it's to hide from copyright enforcers.

>unironically defending javascript
the absolute state of neons

GUI looks pretty bare-bones, does it for example support adding complete torrents?
Thanks anyway, will check that shit out later

Public service announcement
YellowJelly is insanely pro uTorrent and insanely pro Redacted.
Flee now.

>uTorrent 3
Nothing wrong with that post, lel

>and my only option is deluge because it has a plugin to import from utorrent
github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate

the tone is what's wrong with it

Wow, 150MB. What a fucking nightmare.

>pointing out that you have no technical reason for hating a framework
>"hurr u r defending JS"
I don't really know what to say to you.

>150MB
>torrent client

user, I...

if your torrent contains a folder, you can't rename that folder in Deluge. You can, however choose the location that folder will go into, like /downloads or /downloads/trackername, etc.

uhuehuheu

>Well, if I had old hardware ( I don't, I run a gaming rig ), I would probably run Linux as it was made for machines "back in the day". i.e. old hardware. It's like machine language vs high level languages. It's meant to use as little resources as possible, and use every bit of that resource.
Loonix users BTFO

nice chinese botnet

>use shitty operating systems that steal all of your ram but it's okay because you have good hardware
jej

t. O

>chink botnet

serious question, is YellowJelly a girl? From AB posts I'd swear she's a she.

Chilean male.

Not on Adult Babies, post pics

>start using musicbee, start having it download my album art
>Choose "embed within the file" because why the fuck not, that is a much better option than the retardedly out of date folder.jpg
>Turns out a lot of these files I was seeding on PTH
>embedding the album art alters the files
>Realize this the next day when some of these torrents are stalled with no progress
>Look at GB downloaded since I last opened it
>10GB
>My PTH ratio went from positive to negative
>My albums still don't have their album art
>Mfw
Why the fuck do private trackers allow torrents without album art in them? It's fucking insanity

no

>PTH

how do we save notwhat, lads?

I always assume anyone with a clothed anime girl for an avatar is a Randy Stair in the making.

Does it want to be saved? They seem happy as is.

yes, but that's a secret

i mean it's so utterly based but there are only 12 torrents and 100 members. the top torrent on the top 10 page has 2 fucking snatches. nwcd needs to get the fuck out there and RECRUIT.

don't use embed album art you fucking retard
be a normal person and place the album art inside the folder of the album

>not embedding album art in all your files that is JUST below the allowed size to increase your upload
do you even private trackers?

not worth the hassle

>hassle
boils down to one command if you're not a moron

>>My PTH ratio went from positive to negative
pretty impressive to have a ratio below 0

THIS is how you seed!

>boils down to one command if you're not a moron
like i said, not wort the hassle

thanks for all the upload, qbitcuck!

t. seedbox jew

this isn't even qbittorrent

also, it IS on a seedbox

>utorrent to qbit
>missing files for a ton of torrents
WHAT THE FUCK

Congratulations. You managed to fuck up something so simple that it's literally just three clicks and you're done. You must be proud.

are freeleech-picks a good way to get some upload on red? i bet i'd have to be lucky and snatch these at the instant they are made into freeleech

why are there no guides on how to set up transmission daemon?

the script doesn't work properly
if you ever selected not to download some files then the script will assume as if they never existed

It's because I renamed some of the torrents before downloading because retards can't upload shit properly

i think there's one on secret cinema wiki, idk if I'd trust them with anything torrent-related but it's worth a look see

because it's literally so simple you don't really need a guide
state your os and i'll guide you if you've got any trouble

windows

>windows

based, huh?

damn right!

>tfw qstalled isn't a meme

>easy way, with unofficial transmission release
go here: github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/releases/tag/2.77plus14734-12 and download trs-D-022818.zip or trsD64-022818.zip for 32- or 64-bit windows, respectively
extract the archive, and navigate to the "transmission\.config\transmission-daemon" directory inside, and edit the settings.json file to your liking
I'd advise you to use something better than microsoft notepad when editing this file, Notepad++ will do okay; use this as a reference github.com/transmission/transmission/wiki/Editing-Configuration-Files
after you're done, make sure the file is still a valid json file, because transmission will crash if you messed up the syntax, you can use this tool jsonlint.com/ to verify that your file has all the needed commas, quotes and parentheses
then navigate to the uppermost directory where you extracted the zip at the beginning and just run start_daemon.cmd
it's going to be instantly daemonized, and you'll know it succeeded when you see the transmission-daemon.pid file appear in the directory, this file has the transmission-daemon process id in it, so that stop_daemon.cmd knows exactly which process to stop/kill if you decide to shutdown transmission-daemon

everything in this thread is a meme, baby

Because it makes filesizes larger for no real reason

obviously the reason is to maximize your upload on private trackers
if you don't see it right away, that would explain why you're on ratio watch all the time

this is a very impressive fuck up. good job. now you know why you shouldn't add seeding files directly to your goddamn music player

Embedding album art is objectively superior you fucking retards

Nah folder.jpg is superior

Isn't ART reason enough, user?

add MTV,MAM, TheGeeks, TheBiz, etc. to next OP for utorrent blacklist

thanks, now how do I download a torrent?

When MAM turns on you, you're toast.

i'm actually surprised mam decided to ban transmission

>He doesn't know who Tavis Ormandy is

>when you fall for qmemetorrents meme

They're vicious when crossed, those busy moms.